Halliday is our worst player

Gallows high

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

Both players you mentioned were full internationals if Andy plays to be 100 he will never do that ! He is a lower league player sadly who is a very poor footballer and an extremely lucky man to have pulled on the blue jersey

Stephen Caldwell is a full international too, that means nothing. There's no denying Andy is a lucky boy. All our players are. What a platform to earn a living. 

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's playing in a position that is not natural for him from a manager that can't see what we all see.As much as I  like too see him run his studs through Lego munchers bald fukin head he's not that type of player

I rate kiernan our worst player because he's playing in his best position and continues to make mistakes even with clint hill talking him through the game as for Tavernier for what he offers going forward he's a fukin bomb scare with his constant lapses he also can't play in midfield what does it take for players like Hodson and forester to have a run in the team .

15 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

Watched the game again, after being there in CD yesterday and can't see where he's getting all these pelters from, aye he's a no a world beater, but he gave 100% yesterday, a lot more than some of the other players. 

Your estimation of 100% rating is about as accurate as a Halliday pass I am afraid..If he had chopped down Brown or any other tarrier for that matter at the start of the 2nd half he might well have been seen to be trying his heart out..He was anonymous imho..

17 hours ago, Gallows high said:

We will never win the league with him regularly in the team . We have no midfield and he is the worst culprit . He can't tackle , falls over all the time and is a shit bag . I don't care if he is dyed in the wool etc etc , he is a fucking fraud 

:lol: nae bother, have you heard of Rob Kiernan?? 

8 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

Your estimation of 100% rating is about as accurate as a Halliday pass I am afraid..If he had chopped down Brown or any other tarrier for that matter at the start of the 2nd half he might well have been seen to be trying his heart out..He was anonymous imho..

Fair enough, he wasn't his best yesterday but still have his 100% IMO and he is far from our worst player. He nearly set up the equaliser with a great cross taking out both defenders and the keeper but Miller fail to slot it home when hitting the post.  Seems to be the man to take the stick on here

I couldn't care if he was playing defensive mid, striker whatever, the guy can hardly string a pass with power in it, he is far too lathadazical on the ball, he constantly puts the team under pressure, after two years you would think his positional sense would improve a bit but I'm yet to see it.

16 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Bottom line, he shouldn't be getting picked at all and if our clueless manager had any where with all, he might just think if nobody can play that role, then play to a players strength and maybe something positive will come from it, but no, he's an idiot that believes his way is infallible, who puts in a player that adds little value and exposes the defence, which with our crew, isn't a good place to be!

Maybe.... just maybe.... that's what Barton tried to tell them. But then signing Barton in the first place was more cluelessness from the manager.

12 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

Fair enough, he wasn't his best yesterday but still have his 100% IMO and he is far from our worst player. He nearly set up the equaliser with a great cross taking out both defenders and the keeper but Miller fail to slot it home when hitting the post.  Seems to be the man to take the stick on here

They are a few players who deserve to get stick for their abject performances yesterday...I have been patient with Halliday for longer than most due to his obvious love and support for our Club..But the constant rolling about and then hiding and unable to pass means that my patience have worn out..

If in an imaginary world.. I had the opportunity to wear that jersey I would be busting a gut to help my team beat the bheasts..If I am watching lego eater standing on advertising boards like he owns the fucking place then you can guarantee he is getting fucking halfed in 2 the next 50/50 or even a 60/40 in the ugly cunts favour..either way lego muncher is going to end up with on his arse at some point before the full time whistle..I don't remember Halliday getting close enough to even attempt that..This is in no way me complimenting the so called captain of the saville XI it's just pointing out my frustration with the player we are discussing performance and or lack of...  

7 minutes ago, Skyson1872 said:

I couldn't care if he was playing defensive mid, striker whatever, the guy can hardly string a pass with power in it, he is far too lathadazical on the ball, he constantly puts the team under pressure, after two years you would think his positional sense would improve a bit but I'm yet to see it.

Halliday is a defensive midfielder in our set up and he needs to be, given the liability that we have in the back 4. What do people expwct - that he'll go all out attack and let Tavernier and Kiernan deal with a team on the break? He's another Barry Ferguson and thats exactly what we need given the shambles at the back

3 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Halliday is a defensive midfielder in our set up and he needs to be, given the liability that we have in the back 4. What do people expwct - that he'll go all out attack and let Tavernier and Kiernan deal with a team on the break? He's another Barry Ferguson and thats exactly what we need given the shambles at the back

He doesn't help the defence, he doesn't cover the RB\LB, he doesn't break up play, he doesn't follow runners.

He is defensive midfielder that does none of the defensive parts.

Add to that slow on the ball, too often needs an extra touch to control, passing all over the place.

1 hour ago, loyal said:

He's playing in a position that is not natural for him from a manager that can't see what we all see.As much as I  like too see him run his studs through Lego munchers bald fukin head he's not that type of player

I rate kiernan our worst player because he's playing in his best position and continues to make mistakes even with clint hill talking him through the game as for Tavernier for what he offers going forward he's a fukin bomb scare with his constant lapses he also can't play in midfield what does it take for players like Hodson and forester to have a run in the team .

He may be playing a position that is unnatural to him

but he plays like football is unnatural to him

id your a winger playing centre mid then I would be expecting him to be able to pass ,run and have some kind of effect on the game

hes shows nothing in terms of ability when a good player should be able to do a job anywhere,may not be as good in certain positions but still be able to to the basics which Andy doesn't do

also feel wee holt gets a raw deal by having to play with him

12 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Sorry mate but ferguson was captain of club and country

done the business for us in big games at home and in Europe 

Never hide in games against the taigs

halliday couldn't lace one of his boots 

13 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

No that is what I'm saying, he needs to sit and protect the back line, can you honestly say he does that? His positional sense for a defensive mid is all wrong, I know that isn't entirely his fault cause it's a relatively new position but after a season and a half it hasn't improved at all really

Just now, bluenose_n1 said:

Sorry mate but ferguson was captain of club and country

done the business for us in big games at home and in Europe 

Never hide in games against the taigs

Agree to disagree mate, i don't think he hides and i don't get why he's always singled out for criticism given the other players around him are shite

Just now, Skyson1872 said:

No that is what I'm saying, he needs to sit and protect the back line, can you honestly say he does that? His positional sense for a defensive mid is all wrong, I know that isn't entirely his fault cause it's a relatively new position but after a season and a half it hasn't improved at all really

I think Warburton tells him to hold a high line just behind the attack, why the manager thinks our defence is capable of dealing with a break from the opposition, i'll never know. Think we agree on things here but i still dont get why Halliday is singled out as the problem

20 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

Agree to disagree mate, i don't think he hides and i don't get why he's always singled out for criticism given the other players around him are shite

You agree to disagree mate

halliday and ferguson are that far apart that only a moron would say otherwise

Halliday is a liability and as I've said before I think holt is a far better player but is hindered by this fucking donkey 

what's with the hand waving when he gets tackled 

it's fucking unreal 8 year olds do that stuff when they get tackled

if I was him

my sleeves would rolled up and my chest out and I would play every game like it was my last