Rangers sign emerson hyndman on loan until end Of the season

RFC55

6 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

1. International? He's got one cap

2. Have you seen him play?

3.unique circumstances? He's playing a game of football ffs

4.nobody looked good? A couple of Bournemouth players actually looked decent

the last thing we need is another young player,with limited experience,he's hardly going to come in and dominate 

the midfield against the tims is he? 

They have lego heid, Armstrong, Rogic in there plus wide players in Forrest or Roberts. 

Big expectation for a player to come in and dominate against that. Unrealistic really.

Maybe 3 or 4 good new signings could, but they wouldn't come cheaply. And that's assuming they settled quickly.

No obvious, easy answer.

But not doing anything isn't the answer. And if the money isn't there maybe this is the best we can do.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Why are we supposedly loaning in this boy and wanting to loan out Crooks?  There is no sense to our transfer policy.

I'm starting to think he'll never be fit . Maybe it's an injury that's that's going to plague him for a while . 

1 minute ago, Skyson1872 said:

Because he is a better player than Crooks and Crooks isn't fit or match ready?

Crooks played in his first match on 20th September, if he isn't fit by now he'll never be.  Even if he was unfit why would anyone want to loan an unfit player?  Loaning in a guy for 5 months to make him better for someone else is pointless, Warburton should promote from within or just play the players he's already got.

16 minutes ago, CoplandStandBear said:

Crooks played in his first match on 20th September, if he isn't fit by now he'll never be.  Even if he was unfit why would anyone want to loan an unfit player?  Loaning in a guy for 5 months to make him better for someone else is pointless, Warburton should promote from within or just play the players he's already got.

How is it pointless? It gives us a good player that we could perhaps get back on loan next season or sign or until the summer so we can sign someone else that isn't available right now. He is far better than any youth player we have and far better than Crooks at the moment. We can't complain that the players aren't good enough and when we go down whatever avenue we can to get better players complain that they aren't using the current ones.

17 hours ago, K.A.I said:

I'm with you there but I think we need some quality in short term to help us pull away and secure second and maybe cut that embarrassing gap between us and them. 

I've no issue with quality loan signings, short term, provided we are laying down something behind the scenes for next season (which I have my doubts on - but in that case, I'd rather have this than neither)

The issue plugging is the gap isnt so much us but no one is beating them..

1 hour ago, Skyson1872 said:

How is it pointless? It gives us a good player that we could perhaps get back on loan next season or sign or until the summer so we can sign someone else that isn't available right now. He is far better than any youth player we have and far better than Crooks at the moment. We can't complain that the players aren't good enough and when we go down whatever avenue we can to get better players complain that they aren't using the current ones.

How are our players supposed to get any better when they aren't getting a game?  Where is the resale value in loaning in guys when we could be blooding young players of our own?  We always say they aren't good enough and loan in other guys that aren't good enough like Billy King, Ball or Oduwa.  

3 minutes ago, DrFunke said:

The issue plugging is the gap isnt so much us but no one is beating them..

They deserve to be top ... hate the cunts but to be into the 2017 part of the season and they're undefeated and only dropped 2 points in the league is fantastic. 

Even if Advocaat was our manager with the superstars or Walter in his prime seasons we still wouldn't be top. That's not the issue, the issue is the size of the gap which is about 22/23 points (once they win their game in hand, need to check the table to confirm) and the fact that if Aberdeen win their game in hand we aren't even second. That's embarrassing and unforgivable. 

I think Warburton indicated a few times in the last month or so that it was likely that anyone coming in would be on loan deals.    For us right now and maybe for a fair few seasons to come this might be the only way financially for Warburton to be able to freshen a team up / improve it albeit in very short term measures.   

The very low objective for this season seems to be to win a European slot for next season and to finish a strong second.   There is a very long way to go to secure these objectives so I ,guess that if he can't buy quality players to help do this the only route left is for affordable loan deals to tempt emerging quality to come to Ibrox for game time and experience.   If it works it gets the objective met and keeps Warburton's job secure for another go next season.   

It's hand to mouth stuff living on the edge of what passes for success this season.     In large measure it comes down to money.......or more accurately lack of sufficient investment money.   Money which many thought and were led to believe would be coming from King but hasn't materialised in the numbers he was talking about when campaigning for control of the Club.   More promise than actual delivery it seems.    It's the Support who have to continue to endure the dearth of investment and to hope that somehow Warburton's signings and loan players to the job this season and we'll see what King's objectives for next season are to be and whether there is sufficient financing for it

Meanwhile if Hyndman joins on loan I hope he has a very successful tine at Rangers. 

7 hours ago, BlueThunder said:

Just to clarify, we haven't actually signed this guy, right? Is it all paper talk at the moment?

He was in Glasgow today to sign. Seen a pic of him at the airport