*** The Official Dundee fc vs Rangers fc Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

11 minutes ago, HG5 said:

Can't believe the pile of utter dross he's left us with.

We didn't even look any fitter than Dundee.

Absolute scandalous team performance . Murty is not to blame but I do hate him being in charge of us .

He will have followed on with the same pat on the back attitude

I want knew ideas in the pronto . We need a guy coming in and kicking arses and booting balls so to speak .

If Murty remains . Kiss second goodbye ,if it's not gone already .

whats the situation with the league in terms of us playing the taigs in 3 weeks, season has been shite enough, don't fancy going there and getting a doing and them winning the league, think for that to be stopped we need a couple of sheep results? Completely given up on us this season, absolute shambles 

18 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Walter is a legend of the club, well respected, done a fucking ton of work for us over the years.

See for anybody in that board room to have the brass neck to even contact him and ask to work with that squad of players would be a disgrace

Wouldn't put anybody through that at this moment in time, that squad is gone, full of overpaid wankers who care more about social media/their hair/image than they do for the badge on the jersey 

C5CgqT7UEAEvKj9.jpg

We're  a poor, poor team playing in a poor league against poor opposition! It simply boils down to how much poorer we are to the average team we play on the day. No excuses, no blaming the world and his wife - we're rubbish and our best hope is that we play a side that is just that bit more rubbish than we are! God forbid that we qualify for the Europa League! It would be a serious embarrassment that we may not recover from. Sad days; no light at he end of a very, very long tunnel.

We have a decent record at home,But our problems seem to be when we play away.

How can some sit on here and say the players aren't good enough,Nobody said nothing about the players when we knocked the unwashed out of the Scottish cup,Nobody said nothing about the players when we beat both Aberdeen and Hearts at Ibrox and looked very good in both games.

That proves that these same players can play well when they want to but seem to have a mental block when playing away from home and that good play goes out the window for whatever reason.

Today was just yet another example of players who go from hero's to zero's in a week,Looked disinterested,Not quick enough on releasing the ball,Wrong passes,Giving the ball away in silly positions and the throw in's are an absolute joke when you constantly throw the ball to the opposition players and lose the ball and then find themselves under pressure. 

McKay is the most overated player at Ibrox who bottles out of any 50/50 tackles,Loses the ball far to often and his crosses into the box are absolutely dire and has the heart of a mouse.

Andy "Backpass" Halliday is another that you have to ask what it will take to drop this guy,He's deplorable and yet another who hardly has a good game and needs dropped asap.

Garner despite his goal is still a very poor player given what we paid for him and apart from his goal did absolutely nothing and then got himself a stupid booking which puts him out against the mankies.

Really don't know also why Murty played Hyndman in a deeper role in midfield when his best position is in an attacking role and left him having no impact on the game,Where also was Toral today ?

I would have played Hyndman,Toral and Forrester today in midfield and would have stopped Dundee walking over our midfield today and gave us a bit more going forward.

Poor performance and bodies need dropping, We play Inverness next Friday and unless things are changed we could see yet another poor performance and possible defeat by bottom table Inverness and i wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if we were beaten.

The highs and more often the lows of being a Rangers supporter and absolutely tragic the position we find ourselves in now.

Foderingham - Looked nervous all day. Lost 1 bad goal and 1 pretty bad goal. Slow going down for both.

Tavernier - Somebody needs to sit him down, slap him with a kipper and tell him he is a fucking FULLBACK. That means his main job is to stop the opposition players from getting past him and putting crosses into our box. Couldn't tackle a fish supper. When I think back to Shearer, Caldow, Ricksen, Greig, Johansen etc I could weep.

Kiernan - Bad as he is, he was exposed a few times by Tavernier flying up the LEFT wing. Not good enough for the Juniors never mind this league.

Hill - Unfortunate to get injured. Usually our most solid defender.

Hodson - Never looked comfortable at LB. Too right-footed. Caught ball-watching a few times. Better facing the play so he should be encouraged to be a fullback not a winger.

Hyndman - What a waste of talent playing him at DM. He is an out and out inside forward type (sorry, old school). Was lost and overrun in the role he was asked to play.

Halliday - Just doesn't have a clue. No positional sense and too quick to moan at the ref instead of getting up and stuck in.

Waghorn - In the first half in particular he couldn't trap a bag of cement!  First, second, and third touches were atrocious. Bit better in the second half but still poor.

Miller - As always, gave everything. Unfortunately his attitude wasn't catching for the rest of them. Had a poor first half by his standards but a better second half.

McKay - Very frustrating. Huge talent but needs to play junior football for a season in order to toughen him up. Clever players will always be targets for the hammer-throwers but he needs to be more street wise. Get into the box and at least be rewarded for being hacked.

Garner - Another one who tried hard but just doesn't look the part for me. Aggressive, but lack of ball control and positional sense make him look really poor.

Murty - Some are saying it's not his fault, but he picked the team and gave them their instructions so he has to take some of the blame. Bringing Kiernan back, playing Hyndman as a DM, and keeping Tav, Halliday and Waggy in the team all seem strange decisions to me.

Overall - A total lack of fight and pride in the jerseys. Not the Rangers I grew up with. Even (in fact especially) when things are not going your way you give that extra couple of % to help your team and team mates. No evidence of that today apart from KM.   

Just my opinion of course.

Bitterly, bitterly disappointed to say the least.

44 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Absolute scandalous team performance . Murty is not to blame but I do hate him being in charge of us .

He will have followed on with the same pat on the back attitude

I want knew ideas in the pronto . We need a guy coming in and kicking arses and booting balls so to speak .

If Murty remains . Kiss second goodbye ,if it's not gone already .

Yes - as others have said, going there with, effectively a 2 man midfield, was only going to go one way.

It wasn't as if the 2 was made up of the likes of Ian Ferguson & Kevin Thomson,  where we might have seen a bit of steel!

As for 2nd - there's going to have to be some transformation to make that happen!

Graeme Murty has been hung out to dry by the board.

30 points behind them

6 points behind aberdeen,virtually 7 if you take into consideration GD.

As for those spineless cunts masquerading as players, empty the whole fucking lot of them..

40 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

I thought the sarcastic nod to a previous thread was obvious.

Clearly not...

Apologies, missed the sarcasm, and just pissed off after explaining to lots of people  in a Sussex pub, why we are still the best team (support wise anyway) in Scotland.   

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Graeme Murty has been hung out to dry by the board.

30 points behind them

6 points behind aberdeen,virtually 7 if you take into consideration GD.

As for those spineless cunts masquerading as players, empty the whole fucking lot of them..

The board are utter cunts for putting him in this position. Complete and utter cunts.