***Manager/DOF rumours thread***

Andy.little

8 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

No they are aren't, let's be serious.

Why not go with Graeme Murty for the next two or three months and let him do that process while he's in Scotland himself?

Just more lunacy from this shambolic board.

We've just agreed £300k in compensation, he only had 45 days on his contract. We should be getting a discount for each day he's delayed. Pedro wouldn't know who knows the game, he's got to get a feel of it himself. if  SR chooses candidates for him to interview. Then it will speed up the process for him to choose who he would prefer and who he could work with.

1 hour ago, trueblueal said:

If we are choosing the assistant I hope Pedro gets to meet them, have a discussion and form his opinion with the final say on it. McCann could be decent, Ferguson I think would turn on the manager isn't didn't like what he was doing. It has to be someone on Pedro's wavelength. 

How about someone like Numan? Dutch B coach, Rangers experience, still lives here, respected. 

Mentioned Numan earlier in the week , could /would it be a possibility that Numan could do both jobs ? Would we be happy if that's the way it turns out to be ? 

1 hour ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

Foreign manager we had never heard of until linked with us - check

Originally interviewed as an assistant - check (allegedly)

Achieved next to nothing in the game other than 1 league title with an unfancied side - check

And now apparently we'll be appointing an assistant for him instead of letting him choose his own.

Are we absolutely sure this isn't Ronnie Deila?

The board are sounding out John Collins for the assistant manager job as we speak.

4 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Pedro Caixinha prefers to have a local coach alongside him at the clubs he goes to. It was said before he came. 

Obviously its a big problem when he wants to do it here though? Lets aw scream and shout. 

People thrive on negativity

You are right. I can't see a scenario where the club says 'Pedro meet Barry he's your new assistant'. The manager will take recommendations, meet them and OK it. 

31 minutes ago, Ryan_1 said:

Fucking hell this club is a joke.

We are the circus club that QPR and Leeds have been for the last decade.

Expect this to continue for the foreseeable aswell.

You talk like one of them ya fucking mess, get a hold of yourself 

3 minutes ago, PRW. said:

Pedro Caixinha prefers to have a local coach alongside him at the clubs he goes to. It was said before he came. 

Obviously its a big problem when he wants to do it here though? Lets aw scream and shout. 

It was known from the start it was happening now because its happening its a joke :lol:

Just read this article .....

Exclusive: Pedro Caixinha came to Scotland to learn how to be a coach – and ended up teaching US about football

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/15135214.Exclusive__Pedro_Caixinha_came_to_Scotland_to_learn_how_to_be_a_coach_____and_ended_up_teaching_US_about_football/

He sounds like a Portuguese version of Jock Wallace, Firm, Fair and nobody takes him for a Fool. Maybe sand dune training will be back on the menu :happy:

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Sand dune training :lol:

Our players are all jumped up poofs. They train like they're about to play a game in the fucking Antarctic, with their thermals, hats, gloves and bloody scarves. 

The sight of a sand dune in training would have these no marks die of dehydration. 

I think they're in for a  very big surprise then. 

Quote from that article

“The Portuguese are also quite cool and Pedro was certainly very calm and collected. But when they get to the pitch there is this switch which goes off. They are determined that when their team goes out there they are going to deliver, they going to be the best. They are determined to get the very best out of their players.

“They are very focused in making sure what they are asking of their players is realistic and is carried out effectively. They know their team is going to get the message."

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I genuinely hope he is the nut job he's being made out to be.

Nothing would make me happier than for the team to start performing and there to be a fear of failure put back into the dressing room. 

This is what I'm hoping for as well, he better not come over here and be boring as fuck :lol:

Hates losing, hates all other teams, hates all other managers and is a dick to the media.

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I genuinely hope he is the nut job he's being made out to be.

Nothing would make me happier than for the team to start performing and there to be a fear of failure put back into the dressing room. 

Would love for sutton to try and get mouthy with him :lol:

52 minutes ago, PRW. said:

I have no problem with that but why not pick his own assistant?

8 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The list of potential assistants in the Record:

Jig

Barry F

Steve Aitken

Lovenkrands

Alex Rae

:lol:

Alex Rae wouldn't be the worst. I'm not sure Jig is the worldly wise devotee of total football we need. He's probably introduce 'arse ball' back to training. 

The others seem like lazy links apart from Aitken. His inclusion has me scratching my head. Where has that link come from?

He'll have the Scottish football establishment, their hangers-on in the 'media', plus the backward-looking 'traditionalists' all against him from day one.  They don't like outsiders arriving here and showing the place up for the backwater that it is. 

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I have no problem with that but why not pick his own assistant?

We are assuming he isn't. Logically wouldn't we recommend some people to him of he doesn't know the local scene and then he chooses after he meets them?

I can't see us just forcing him to take a stranger as his assistant without any prior discussion 

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Mendes must get on a list of potential assistants surely

Because he is Portuguese? Does he have any knowledge of Scottish football? He's been away a while. What has he done since retirement? Genuine question has he coached, been an assistant or remained in the game in any capacity?

Edit: he's an agent now. MNM Sports Management. A good contact to have perhaps but doesn't scream assistant manager to me