***** The Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread *****

3 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Anyone who says anything positive about that performance is deluded. Won a handful of tackles in a game of hundreds. Abysmal. If we had the money the whole squad would go, McKay looked and played terrible, not interested. Midfield terrible. I thinl we won 4 of 5  mid air battles and every header we did lose went to them apart from 1 or 2. 

Another depressing start to the week tomorrow. We were pulled apart and made to look a bad squad, which we pretty much are. 

Not being able to challenge in the air in the midfield is deplorable. Second to every second ball. There was no fight. 

4 minutes ago, Banshee said:

Exactly. Sit back and counter them, but it was never going to work with Miller, Waghorn and Garner up top. We started the game 2 steps back. We needed pace to perform the plan well and from the first minute we were behind

Yes. We dont really have a choice, though. If we took the game to them properly, then that would open us up and we would have been humped. The plan/tactics were our only chance of success today, but the reality is that we have a poor team. A bit of quality up front, though, and we would have had two goals today.

3 minutes ago, WWTC said:

I dont want to jump on the bandwagon but he cant avoid criticism purely because hes a fan; Hallidays "trackin" for the first goal is fuckin shockin, he's strolling back. The buzz word for weeks has been aggression and we showed zero today. Garner fuckin bricked it. 

Again, it brings me back to the manager being fucked coz of the players at his disposal. But as a Rangers managers his job is to pick the best team, formation and tactics to give us the best chance of winning. I'm not convinced he did that today.

This. Halliday was at fault for the first goal... the boy had so much time its unbelievable. We seem to make a lot more mistakes when Andy is playing.

8 minutes ago, Cobham said:

Really? I thought it was as clear a penalty as you'll see. We'd should have come out for the ball but Tav dived right in, poor tackle!

7 minutes ago, WWTC said:

It was one of the most stone wall penalties your ever likely to see, but he had to make a tackle coz we were badly exposed on the break

I'm leaning towards it being a penalty myself but I thought Sky's replays were awful. With the poor angles they kept showing I genuinely cannot say with 100% certainty whether it was Griffiths who touched the ball or Tav. Tav's reaction maybe says he felt the touch was him.

1 minute ago, WWTC said:

But as a Rangers managers his job is to pick the best team, formation and tactics to give us the best chance of winning. I'm not convinced he did that today.

He failed on team selection but chose to contain initially and not a bad tactic considering they were always going with a midfield 5 and he perhaps hoped for a breakaway and 1-0. The rest is history and he should choose his best 5 or 6 from the 1st team squad then introduce his best 4 from the reserves and tell the obvious poor performers to find a new club.

He will know what to do I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I'm leaning towards it being a penalty myself but I thought Sky's replays were awful. With the poor angles they kept showing I genuinely cannot say with 100% certainty whether it was Griffiths who touched the ball or Tav. Tav's reaction maybe says he felt the touch was him.

It was a pen all day, everyday.

3 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

Thumb was there first I'm sure but Tav should not have been covering left back!

21 minutes ago, M0NTY said:

Anyone who says anything positive about that performance is deluded. Won a handful of tackles in a game of hundreds. Abysmal. If we had the money the whole squad would go, McKay looked and played terrible, not interested. Midfield terrible. I thinl we won 4 of 5  mid air battles and every header we did lose went to them apart from 1 or 2. 

Another depressing start to the week tomorrow. We were pulled apart and made to look a bad squad, which we pretty much are. 

If there is .It is mere crumbs .Most of them and that includes players on periphery are gutless ,useless and need punted . 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

If there is .It is mere crumbs .Most of them and that includes players on periphery are gutless ,useless and need punted . 

I would love for a good 5 or 6 men to  come in, most of our squad are lightweight boys. Im starting to think were in the shit more and more every week. 

Many years is that now without a meaningful trophy? Sorry to say it but without serious investment we are destined to remain mediocre on a par with your St Johnstones and Hearts of this world. And it won't be that long before Savco overtake us on the trophy count because they have no serious opposition. The only opposition they had were eliminated five or six years ago. King isn't going to invest anything like serious cash and we are hamstrung by court cases and Ashley. Can't find anything positive to take i'm afraid.

1 hour ago, born a blue nose said:

I hope the players go home and have a long hard think about what they just done today. I hope they realise that they just bowed down and let our oldest enemy absolutely walk all over us. 

There are a few players that should be hanging there head in shame. Garner was fucking invisible and waghorn your finishing is up there with the worst I have ever seen. Scunnered 

Good moniker for this current squad:  The Heiddooners.