***** The Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread *****

3 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Some should never play again.  That includes Waghorn, Halliday and Garner. Thought defence was good and not a pk either. Go with Dodoo from here as well.  Honestly Waghorn just is an awful finisher.

Tav didn't connect with the ball mate. 8 finger foreheed nicked it away from him, stonewaller imo

1 minute ago, geneva_ger said:

Ok wrong starting line up but 4-4-2 was designed to contain and fucked up when your 4 can't track back with their runners going to the long ball. Suicidal.

Changed to a 4-2-3-1 and it was working until we again fail to track runners and Tav is unlucky.

The big BUT is that we didn't have any heart.

I agree. It was quite clear what he was trying to do but our players make too many mistakes and that cost us today. Our tactics might not have been easy on the eye, but I honestly dont think there was much wrong with it. We made two bad mistakes for the goals and should have scored two goals. If things went our way, then we would have taken something from the game today.

8 minutes ago, WWTC said:

We need someone who can atleast tackle, and win a ball. Not only is our midfield tiny, theyre all lightweight aswell. Until we're able to dominate midfield we've no chance, and the manager must see that.

i have been saying that for at least a year when you see how we were bullied at tynecastle twice and again today  our whole team is too lightweight celtic look far stronger physically all over the park                                                       u

I hope the players go home and have a long hard think about what they just done today. I hope they realise that they just bowed down and let our oldest enemy absolutely walk all over us. 

There are a few players that should be hanging there head in shame. Garner was fucking invisible and waghorn your finishing is up there with the worst I have ever seen. Scunnered 

6 minutes ago, Rangers No Other said:

Lego got slaughtered after last years semi final and written off as finished 

Horrible bastard went away in the summer and got himself fit and come back and bossed most games this season

If Holt and Halliday had an equal amount of desire it wouldn't be such a stroll in the park for the cunt 

Beyond me how poor the midfield was today, they created nothing, Holt never played a single forward pass

Yes mate .We will have the same head stuck in the sand bears saying he has never played well inOFgame 

It's why they used their clout with Sfa to be there today .Hate him or not

Not one midfielder laid a kick on him.It took Kenny Miller to kick the mutant bastard 

4 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

Ok point missers (there's too many quoted me to reply to them all) 

i concede - Pedro is totally blameless and there's not more to being a manager than signing players. 

We are in for a brilliant time when he brings in his own players 

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Banshee said:

You can't genuinely believe that? We were never in this game. Tactically we were abysmal today.

Miller and Waghorn should have scored. They got two goals that were a result of two mistakes. One being the midfield failing to track a player and the other a penalty. Our tactics were clearly to sit back, and it was working, but our players make too many mistakes. 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

I hope the players go home and have a long hard think about what they just done today. I hope they realise that they just bowed down and let our oldest enemy absolutely walk all over us. 

There are a few players that should be hanging there head in shame. Garner was fucking invisible and waghorn your finishing is up there with the worst I have ever seen. Scunnered 

100% I would not let either play again for us 

Just now, billscott said:

i have been saying that for at least a year when you see how we were bullied at tynecastle twice and again today  our whole team is too lightweight celtic look far stronger physically all over the park                                                       u

We've been praising jason holts new-found "aggression". That kinda sums it up for me. 

8 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

Some should never play again.  That includes Waghorn, Halliday and Garner. Thought defence was good and not a pk either. Go with Dodoo from here as well.  Honestly Waghorn just is an awful finisher.

Really? I thought it was as clear a penalty as you'll see. We'd should have come out for the ball but Tav dived right in, poor tackle!

9 minutes ago, Boybluesy said:

It was one of the most stone wall penalties your ever likely to see, but he had to make a tackle coz we were badly exposed on the break

Anyone who says anything positive about that performance is deluded. Won a handful of tackles in a game of hundreds. Abysmal. If we had the money the whole squad would go, McKay looked and played terrible, not interested. Midfield terrible. I thinl we won 4 of 5  mid air battles and every header we did lose went to them apart from 1 or 2. 

Another depressing start to the week tomorrow. We were pulled apart and made to look a bad squad, which we pretty much are. 

2 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Miller and Waghorn should have scored. They got two goals that were a result of two mistakes. One being the midfield failing to track a player and the other a penalty. Our tactics were clearly to sit back, and it was working, but our players make too many mistakes. 

Exactly. Sit back and counter them, but it was never going to work with Miller, Waghorn and Garner up top. We started the game 2 steps back. We needed pace to perform the plan well and from the first minute we were behind

When all said and done this season has been a dead loss and apart from two or three at most from this squad all the rest can do one.

The scum are on course for their treble and another shot at their pot of gold in the CL.

Whilst we wait if there is to be any investment and two pending court actions that could cost us dearly. Without significant investment and a clear out, we are in for more of the same. This scum team are miles away from being  what they were, but we are miles away from them in the here and now.

I do not expect the investment needed and repeat!

I dont want to jump on the bandwagon but he cant avoid criticism purely because hes a fan; Hallidays "trackin" for the first goal is fuckin shockin, he's strolling back. The buzz word for weeks has been aggression and we showed zero today. Garner fuckin bricked it. 

Again, it brings me back to the manager being fucked coz of the players at his disposal. But as a Rangers managers his job is to pick the best team, formation and tactics to give us the best chance of winning. I'm not convinced he did that today.