***** The Official Taigs v Rangers Match Thread *****

1 minute ago, RFCRobertson said:

Oh yeah, handled it better than Senderos. 

Boy put good pressure on their players and didn't give them room in the box to get shots off. 

Positional sense is fantastic, wee bit raw but stands up well and doesn't dive in. I thought his passing was better than it has been - had a better game than Beerman today.

Caixinha has to take some blame today.

I appreciate that this is Warburton's squad, but that first-half was worse than the first 45 of the 5-1 game. Our midfield was blatantly told to sit deep and our failure to push out allowed them to press us.

Individually, where do you start? Waghorn, Garner, Miller, Holt, Hyndman, Wilson, Halliday; let us down, big time.

Yet again, we allowed Brown to swagger around and look dominant.

Pish.

EDIT It was a stone wall penalty. Tav had to make the tackle because we were shredded on the counter; something I believe we set-out to do ourselves.

All due respect, but Kenny complaining in his interview that they didn't show up for the first half (yet again)? Nae shit, Sherlock. Has been going on for how long now? Shouldn't need a rocket scientist to figure out what's missing, ffs.

15 minutes ago, Bristoe1872 said:

Many years is that now without a meaningful trophy? Sorry to say it but without serious investment we are destined to remain mediocre on a par with your St Johnstones and Hearts of this world. And it won't be that long before Savco overtake us on the trophy count because they have no serious opposition. The only opposition they had were eliminated five or six years ago. King isn't going to invest anything like serious cash and we are hamstrung by court cases and Ashley. Can't find anything positive to take i'm afraid.

Can't disagree with any of this but there is always a way back if we are determined enough to make it happen. The question is though are we? Are we going to even try?

Even if the investment you speak of has to come from ourselves in the form of loans or whatever. I don't know,  but it's pretty clear it's not going to come from the current regime in charge of our club.

We've known for a while the immediate future looks pretty bleak, maybe it's just that painful viewing today that's brought it into focus. 

The gap was there for all to see today and if things go their way in the summer in the form of another C L qualification then that's only going to widen considerably.

It's a sobering thought having to suck this up for years to come but we have to look at the facts. They've tied Brenda down till the end of the decade. They've got saleable assets in the event they fail to qualify and they have solid network in place to identify and aquire new players. In short, they are sorted with a clear plan going forward.

The last thing I want is to big them up because reading  this back it's starting to come across as a fkn taig love in.   Believe me it chokes me even taping this out, but we really need to be pragmatic here and decide is this a future we can tolerate for Rangers while we sit on our hands and do fuck all.

4 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I dont think the 2 young lads done much wrong. They stuck to their task. Its the older heads that were a let down

Couldn't agree more I think I singled bates out because I was worried about him before the match 

As much as we were piss poor today ..the young lads are showing well.That bodes well for next season.

.Waggy as much as I like him he needs to be dropped imediately as does Halliday just not good enough on this stage.

Joey for me still has a chance to impress no service nothing for him to work with at all today.

If some of the players want to stay here they better get the finger out now.

Some need to gtf some still can play a part..

As for Ahndy Wankers cocksocket commentary was as bad as BT's utter biased cunt when one of the mhanks nearly got booked said he was lucky as he would have missed the final .......fuckin 60 mins in..

Today was a depressing sight..but  as some have said that was them at their best we were shite but with a wee bit of luck could have taken something from that even if it was'nt deserved.

WATP

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

Really? We had the chances to at least draw today. Average players let him down..

The story of the season, bad strikers/players can't finish so why play all three of them and an inadequate midfield that can't provide chances, he got the team selection wrong and its not the first time. He let himself down by playing average players, well he has seen enough already and should have played a more cautious game. He is just here and has to deal with these players, come summer and no money he will still have the majority of this squad and more average players coming in, whats he going to do then?.

Only dreamers and fanboys quote possible wins on chances, in the real world its teams that take their chances win, today was a total embarrassment the latest in a long line of them including the manager.

3 minutes ago, Borders Loyal said:

As much as we were piss poor today ..the young lads are showing well.That bodes well for next season.

.Waggy as much as I like him he needs to be dropped imediately as does Halliday just not good enough on this stage.

Joey for me still has a chance to impress no service nothing for him to work with at all today.

As for Ahndy Wankers cocksocket commentary was as bad as BT's utter biased cunt when one of the mhanks nearly got booked said he was lucky as he would have missed the final .......fuckin 60 mins in..

Today was a depressing sight..but  as some have said that was them at their best we were shite but with a wee bit of luck could have taken something from that even if it was'nt deserved.

WATP

:hiboys:

Easily beat. No team ethic- folks wanting to hammer the manager fair enough but these faults were here since day 1 months before PC came.   Bates and beer man did ok nothing more but bates in possession is fucking honking man- the guy has 2 left feet!

no pluses at all for me. Just finally saw how big the gap is between us.  Celtic weren't even brilliant going forward but they were a lot better than us as we're a level below shite.

49 minutes ago, Borders Loyal said:

and what did you not like

Bates and Beerman looking good

andy Wanker being a dick

or the fact we were shite and that was them at their best.

but thanks for the input

They were miles from their best. They didn't get out of 2nd gear.

We were 3 yards off every one of their players, didn't win any second balls. Whole team were not at it today. Its sad Pedro thought that was the team to play today. Maybe thinking that he has to show hes the man and not Murty.

Team selection was wanting, Garner is shite and we all know that. Halliday is also shite.

I remember looking at 62 minutes in and Holt got a mention. From MOTM last week to this.

Disgusted and 250 dirham fine to pay.

What I want to know is why did we not press Celtic like we did in the last game. The amount of time they had on the ball, especially in the first half was criminal. 

We needed to stretch their defence as I don't think they are all that at the back but we only started trying this late into the second half. 

Waghorn is abysmal, Garner done the square route of fuck all. Dodoo should be starting from now on. Wes done well. 

All in, a horrible performance. 

1 hour ago, Borders Loyal said:

WATP

Can I be in your fantasy?