Peter Lovenkrands - Rangers need to win games NOW - you don't get time

K.A.I

Difficult to argue with him here. 

Maybe I'm reading too much into the comments but wonder if he's being brave considering he's got a coaching role with the club, speaking out like that.

Copy and paste as to not give the Scottish Media the hits.

NOW OR NEVER 

Rangers legend Peter Lovenkrands says Pedro Caixinha’s men won’t get time and need to start winning games NOW

The Gers youth coach says that the Ibrox side can't afford to drop points at home to teams like Hearts and Hibs

By Chris Doyle

23rd August 2017, 8:41 pm

Updated: 23rd August 2017, 8:43 pm

Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)

Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)

NOW

COMMENT

RANGERS legend Peter Lovenkrands says Pedro Caixinha’s side need to start winning games NOW.

The former winger believes the Gers players won’t get the time they want to turn things around – because of the club they play for.

KC SPORTS PIX, CONTRIBUTOR NO 534426.22 KILMARDINNY GROVE BEARSDEN G61 3NY

Peter Lovenkrands says Rangers need to start winning now

The Dane, who made over 100 appearances for the Gers, spoke to Tom Miller on the Official Rangers Podcast.

He said: “Time, no I don’t think so. We didn’t have time when I was playing.

“You just need to go out there and make sure you perform.

“We didn’t really have the chance to say give me time, give me time.

“You need to get on with it, get the points and win the games.

“If you play for Glasgow Rangers that’s the pressure you’re going to play with every time.”

EPA

Lovenkrands spent six years at the club and was a fan favourite at Ibrox

Lovenkrands, who now works in the Rangers academy, says that the 0-0 stalemate against Hearts at the weekend was not acceptable for the club.

He added: “For me, another home game and another two points dropped probably. At Ibrox, that’s not good enough.

“At home, we need to win games. These results are not good enough.

“We are Glasgow Rangers, we cannot afford to lose these games at home. We need to think we can go out there an win every game.”

Lovenkrands thinks the problems lie up front for the Gers and that there is still something missing for the Ibrox side.

He said: “The chances we had weren’t clear cut chances, not enough chances with the amount of possession we had.

NEWS GROUP NEWSPAPERS LTD

Lovenkrands tackles Celtic’s Shunsuke Nakamura in one of his many Old Firm clashes

“We couldn’t really break them down. We were lacking that last substitution to go for it.

“Rangers did as much as they could. For me, there is still something missing up front.”

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree with him, but pissed off he's considered to be a legend. What do you have to be to be a legend now? Just sign for us and be a bit popular? All it does is undermine the real legend status of players like Brian Laudrup etc.

Now I loved Lovenkrands, and sometimes think the fans forget what he actually did for us - but that just makes him a good player for us - not a legend.

1 hour ago, K.A.I said:

Difficult to argue with him here. 

Maybe I'm reading too much into the comments but wonder if he's being brave considering he's got a coaching role with the club, speaking out like that.

Copy and paste as to not give the Scottish Media the hits.

It is hard to disagree with what Peter Lovenkrands has to say, we do need something up front.

My suggestion would be....

• A pairing that can work together like Miller and Boyd did. I'd buy a pair that already work together consistently. 
  • A Davis type captain and a McGregor type goal keeper. The captain should be giving more instruction during the game and also the goal keeper.  That hole on the left side, which is appearing every game needs to be closed down

Christmas feels about right for Pedro to get the winning consistency for himself and his team. My dropped points cap is 10.

You just know its going to be another 90 mins of turmoil, Ross County will be fired up and ready for a real physical battle. Don't know who the ref is yet but I bet he will be busy. Remember one game against them last season where about 7 of the  starting 11 were on a yellow but surprisingly enough no reds were shown.

21 minutes ago, OhW said:

No team will sell a successful strike partnership on the cheap. In fact, I can't think of any examples of a team selling their best striker partnership to another team in one go, does anyone know if it's ever happened?

My thoughts were clubs going down the tube may need to sell their best pairings to survive. We did.

Our board might need to bite the bullet and match the ST money that has bought these new players, so Rangers have a better chance at competing against CFC or at least close the gap to less than 10 points.

Guest Lloyd72
45 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

It is hard to disagree with what Peter Lovenkrands has to say, we do need something up front.

My suggestion would be....

• A pairing that can work together like Miller and Boyd did. I'd buy a pair that already work together consistently. 
  • A Davis type captain and a McGregor type goal keeper. The captain should be giving more instruction during the game and also the goal keeper.  That hole on the left side, which is appearing every game needs to be closed down

Christmas feels about right for Pedro to get the winning consistency for himself and his team. My dropped points cap is 10.

What type of captain is that, one that fucks off and leaves?

Guest Lloyd72
5 minutes ago, Sweetheart said:

What Davis did was unforgivable, what made it worse, was that he was a good captain that could read the game and command it well. 

Worst captain in our history for what he did

Peter Lovenkrands repeating what Barry Ferguson, Kris Boyd and plenty other ex players with a podium to speak from have been saying for months if not seasons.

Where are all the wee fan groups that were  screaming out about previous boards nowadays? they too embarrassed to admit they just replaced like for like in the boardroom albeit instead of trying to take income out of us they've just decided not to put any in? or are they too busy trying to get rangers fans in the shite for online jokes?

Lets be clear - the board haven't "saved us". They've slided in and just sat their tivcking us over with soft loans they'll reclaim and spending fans money, didn't the easedales do that?

The easedales/Green sold off retail rights - This board haven't sold a fucking thing to generate income and took us off the stock market