Miller

Dan Deacon

29 minutes ago, Caldoboydo said:

Kenny is holding us back upfront now. EL Buffalo & big Herrera need more gametime together. Or he needs to just play Buffalo upfront alone, the lunatic will chase down everything. Flood the midfield with 5 cunts dorrans in attacking mid role. Specially against the better teams i.e the spoon burners, sheep & the scum.  

I think Pedro's intention pre-season was a main strike force of Morelos and Herrera with Miller used more sparingly. Unfortunately Herrera has not been as fit as we would have liked and has also taken a while to settle. Going forward though, I think Herrera and Morelos will be our front two. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DrLaudrup said:

I think Pedro's intention pre-season was a main strike force of Morelos and Herrera with Miller used more sparingly. Unfortunately Herrera has not been as fit as we would have liked and has also taken a while to settle. Going forward though, I think Herrera and Morelos will be our front two. 

I think that formation will fuck us against the scum. Always liked walters 4-5-1 formation. 

1 minute ago, Caldoboydo said:

I think that formation will fuck us against the scum. Always liked walters 4-5-1 formation. 

Agree i'd be tempted to play 5 across the middle against them. Part of the problem for me is that we have no idea what our best 11 is, at least in the midfield and forward areas - I think our back 4 is as good as it will get currently.

Guys like Krancjar and Miller will be on the bench more as season goes on - only reason they've started for me is that we've nobody else fit or available. Will Walker come in? What role will Pena play? Will Windass manage to stay fit and continue to improve? How does he accommodate Jack/Rossiter and Dorrans - and should Dorrans play further forward etc? The scum don't have these issues with a relatively settled side - we still haven't learned how to use our squad and set up effectively this season. 

4 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I still think Kenny could do a job for the last 20 minutes if we needed a goal, but at 37 he should not be starting games IMO.

I hope Pedro starts to think that as well.

As I said on another thread, he already is, but Kenny is an elder statesman, whom I also think carries weight in the dressing room, in a positive way and Pedro gives him his place, if only to prove it isn't there anymore and then retire him to the bench.

Likewise with NK, whom I think is lifting a heavy wedge, so a big investment not to be cast aside lightly. Pedro will need to prove to the board he has no longer got it and it's off to the bench for him as well.

My biggest worry is LB and RB where we remain exposed. No time for sentiment, as the current incumbents are not doing it. They are not good enough. Tav being worst of the two in never having it, whilst Wallace did and has lost it. The scum in particular will punish us down both flanks.

They both deserve credit for their contribution in our journey, but that's where it ends.

13 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

As I said on another thread, he already is, but Kenny is an elder statesman, whom I also think carries weight in the dressing room, in a positive way and Pedro gives him his place, if only to prove it isn't there anymore and then retire him to the bench.

Likewise with NK, whom I think is lifting a heavy wedge, so a big investment not to be cast aside lightly. Pedro will need to prove to the board he has no longer got it and it's off to the bench for him as well.

My biggest worry is LB and RB where we remain exposed. No time for sentiment, as the current incumbents are not doing it. They are not good enough. Tav being worst of the two in never having it, whilst Wallace did and has lost it. The scum in particular will punish us down both flanks.

They both deserve credit for their contribution in our journey, but that's where it ends.

I understand your point about KM and Pedro will have respect for what he has done for the club, it just seems to me that the time is now for putting him in the bench. NK is really passed his best and I would struggle to find a place for him on the bench, but take on board your point on showing that. A bit too risky for my liking.

The full backs are a concern defending and yet they both set up a goal each today. I will be surprised if we get one in that can take one of these positions, but hope am wrong.

We will know by bedtime Thursday.

He should be on the bloody bench and not starting, firstly is is old and has not got the stamina any more, secondly he wanders all over the place and lastly he just blames every other cunt when something isn't going our way.

i would rather him coming on the last 20-30 than starting.

Pedro spoke in his post match interview about forwards scoring, confidence it brings, and specifically mentioned Herrera.

Interesting if you look at that in the context of Miller failing to score again.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Morelos and herrera start next match.

My worry is this pushes Morelos too wide. He's been great across the front line including centrally. Doing the work of 2 forwards I'd say.

I'd actually prefer to see Morelos and Hardie up front. Think the movement would be best with this option and could really play to both their strengths.

22 minutes ago, jbm26896 said:

Not his best game , but some criticism is over the top

What did he do that had a positive impact on the game? What did he do that had any impact on the game?

He partly closed down a player causing him to pass back to the keeper. Fortunately a goal came from that but it's not an assist.

I remember him win a header. And fuck up a great break with a poor pass.

Tbh I'm struggling with his involvement after that 

He is a Rangers no 9 and played up front. Both other forwards got on score sheet.

This meagre return is similar to most of his performances this season. And that's why the criticism is justified.

And whilst I don't want players happy at being subbed, we don't need that petulance he showed which suggests he thinks he's better than he is, or more important to the team than he is.

4 minutes ago, Smile said:

Finished his contract should not have been renewed.

The only one which should gave been debatable was Hill. Even that one I think it was the right decision, especially given the 2 replacements Pedro had lined up.

Miller is finished as a 1st team first pick, and I doubt has the mentality to accept puting the team first and being a regular sub. I think he thinks he's better than he is and would go elsewhere before he'd accept being at best 3rd choice forward.

5 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

What did he do that had a positive impact on the game? What did he do that had any impact on the game?

He partly closed down a player causing him to pass back to the keeper. Fortunately a goal came from that but it's not an assist.

I remember him win a header. And fuck up a great break with a poor pass.

Tbh I'm struggling with his involvement after that 

He is a Rangers no 9 and played up front. Both other forwards got on score sheet.

This meagre return is similar of most of his performances this season. And that's why the criticism is justified.

And whilst I don't want players happy at being subbed, we don't need that petulance he showed which suggests he thinks he's better than he is, or more important to the team than he is.

Good post.

I don't think anyone can deny that he's bailed us out more than a few times but we need to move forward and whilst he can play a part in that it should only be as a supporting role i.e. Impact sub.

The reaction to being subbed really did seem petulant rather than frustration at his own performance, which is why I was saying in another post that I get the feeling he believes he's bigger than the club.