Rangers Picture Thread

22 hours ago, Don54 said:

We didn't play with a recognized center forward.

Martin, Jackson, Mathieson, Greig, McKinnon, Hynd, Henderson, Penman, Jardine, Johnston, Persson

Substitute Used, D Smith

was this not the game we did,nt get to play in GDR,played on nuetral ground? no visas given out.

56 minutes ago, G.A.T.J. said:

Sandy, Sandy,Sandy in royal blue scoring against some random team.

2rc37kn.jpg

10609502_10204132295139180_326745138306430220_n.jpg

GW1024H1297.jpg

I was at both games in the top two pictures and may have been at the bottom one as well.

The top one is the amazing goal in the Dryborough Cup Final and the middle one was an equally amazing goal and very similar to the Hampden game. He ran from his own half with Bobby Lennox who is in the picture trying like fuck to catch him. That was a Glasgow Cup Final we won 3-1.

5 hours ago, thedarvelmarvel said:

was this not the game we did,nt get to play in GDR,played on nuetral ground? no visas given out.

That was the game against Vojvodina and as I said we played with no recognized forward.

I think you're confusing it with this game, which was a home tie.  

glasgow-vorwaerts61-62.thumb.jpg.e6b0105d2bfdfd5920f8fc5075f791e5.jpg

The East Germans were denied visas to travel to Britain for the return, so the game was moved to the Swedish city of Malmo.

As well the obvious footballing disadvantage, this was something of a financial blow for Rangers. European football then,

as now, was a money spinner and a home tie with a capacity 80,000 crowd could have pulled in £20,000 . Against Vorwärts,

two overseas trips meant the club lost £6,000 from the tie, a fair amount in those days.

17 hours ago, Canabear said:

I was at both games in the top two pictures and may have been at the bottom one as well.

The top one is the amazing goal in the Dryborough Cup Final and the middle one was an equally amazing goal and very similar to the Hampden game. He ran from his own half with Bobby Lennox who is in the picture trying like fuck to catch him. That was a Glasgow Cup Final we won 3-1.

Third photo is the league cup semi final of 13th of December 78 a 3-2 victory. Sandy got our first goal to make it 1-1 from the spot.🙌

1 hour ago, G.A.T.J. said:

Third photo is the league cup semi final of 13th of December 78 a 3-2 victory. Sandy got our first goal to make it 1-1 from the spot.🙌

I was at that game then but what threw me of was the cars round the track as i don't ever remember there being cars round the track at Hampden. That's why when i first saw it i thought it was Ibrox.

On 01/03/2021 at 20:26, Don54 said:

155147447_2824138397915294_6126773257515414745_n.thumb.jpg.df180e9dd69c944a5bc37929a816c21eb.jpg.4b279a9118f5918f80197734379e65b3.jpg

I love these night game pictures.

As a young boy there was always something magical about a night, European, game at Ibrox with the mist hovering about ghost like through the floodlights, which at that time some were along the front of the roof of the  terracing which is  now the  SJ stand.

On 07/03/2021 at 18:30, Canabear said:

I was at that game then but what threw me of was the cars round the track as i don't ever remember there being cars round the track at Hampden. That's why when i first saw it i thought it was Ibrox.

On 07/03/2021 at 18:30, Canabear said:

1978 League cup semi final Winning goal with the cars in the background.

download (3).jpeg