Worrying Stat for Brenda from today

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'd sacrifice a player to man mark Brown. I don't think he's great, but his passing stats etc and his style show that he dictates their pace, aggression, directness etc. He is their vital cog, its not coincidence they struggle anytime he's out. I'd honestly say to Holt or Barjonas to ignore the game other than to be a max of 1 yard from his side.

Do this and I'm pretty certain it's a level playing field.

Bang right.  He gets so much free space that he has bundles of time on the ball to pass backwards or sideways. The question is do we have a player disciplined enough to man mark him for the full game? Also would they be willing to take a tackle and not over react as that’s what browns best skill is.

ive said it many times but when Rodgers reverted to 4-4-2 back in March as Armstrong got injured, brown got pushed further into midfield and never had any influence from 70 min onwards. And that was only up against hyndman

7 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'd sacrifice a player to man mark Brown. I don't think he's great, but his passing stats etc and his style show that he dictates their pace, aggression, directness etc. He is their vital cog, its not coincidence they struggle anytime he's out. I'd honestly say to Holt or Barjonas to ignore the game other than to be a max of 1 yard from his side.

Against us he has dictated and commanded the last 4 OF games - and rattle him and we rattle the team - I agree he needs man marked. Jack could do this but needs to keep the head as Brown is also a slimy fuck that gets away with a lot more than he should. 

9 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Against us he has dictated and commanded the last 4 OF games - and rattle him and we rattle the team - I agree he needs man marked. Jack could do this but needs to keep the head as Brown is also a slimy fuck that gets away with a lot more than he should. 

The last player we had that could do that type of job on Brown was Kevin Thomson and with us at his peak he is miles ahead of Jack. If we do get money from somewhere we need to spend good money on this type of player - I just don’t think Jack is that great the more I see of him. He’s ok but not as amazing as some think.

26 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

I don't just mean tackle and rattle him.

The majority of their play comes from keeper / defence through him. He has passing stats high 90% dictating pace and direction of their play until typically he sees a forward pass.

Having a player shadow his every move would prevent all this and I don't think they've anyone else who would step in.

For me it's about having a player so close he's not a viable pass as much as having someone who can match up physically with him. Holt could be that terrier, Barjonas seems to have a good engine and physicality...

But need to win today first and foremost...

8 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Pena, though his performance was criticised, done a great job of neutralising Brown first half of the Old Firm.

Just now, Creampuff said:

Pena, though his performance was criticised, done a great job of neutralising Brown first half of the Old Firm.

For me he still got on the ball too much and controlled the pace of the game. There must have been 6 or 7 times he / they had the luxury of playing it between our lines in that first half alone. Everything still went through him.

I'd want someone to effectively write off any involvement in contributing to the game other than man marking him from start to finish. That's not a role for Pena.

4 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I don't just mean tackle and rattle him.

The majority of their play comes from keeper / defence through him. He has passing stats high 90% dictating pace and direction of their play until typically he sees a forward pass.

Having a player shadow his every move would prevent all this and I don't think they've anyone else who would step in.

For me it's about having a player so close he's not a viable pass as much as having someone who can match up physically with him. Holt could be that terrier, Barjonas seems to have a good engine and physicality...

But need to win today first and foremost...

What I meant by rattle not clatter,  him - was put him of his game, prevent him dictating - I agree 100% with you ( go figure) - especially about today 

13 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I'm not sure about that one . The players that hurt us the most are their wide players . Yes Brown get's it too easy but I wouldn't think wasting a man on him would make a blind bit of difference .

One was a penalty to be fair.  When Simonuvic is out they are much weaker at the back.  Bitton is no centre back.  I think Gordon is their weak spot, he's told to pass the ball from the back and when you press all the players and him back there he ends up lumping it to the opposition.

2 hours ago, B1872 said:

No he pumped his fake pussy apparently! ??

IMG_5644.JPG

23 minutes ago, MrMckee said:

What is this actual story of Rodgers and the tranny? Did it really happen? 

Dont know how you feel about it Mr M???...but!!!!...i'm taking Chelseys version as the truth and that he slammed his D up it's arse.
A family of role models.
He shags trannys.
His son was involved on a sexual assault on a young girl by a gang and he thought it was banter.
The tranny shaggers brother is involved with the ira and carries coffins of terrorists. :UK: