scottyc06

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

40 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

The problem with Hamden is the lack of access - I'd prefer they sorted that but I always thought there should only be one national stadium - OF finals might be an issue as well 

The problems with Hampden are shite views and too small a capacity. 

For me both are unsuitable. Murrayfield pitch area is massive and we all know how bad hampden is at keeping in the atmosphere - least intimidating stadium around! Plus the fucking stupid running track!

is it not about time a fit for purpose national stadium was built and owned by the SFA? How much £100s of millions lottery funding and tax payers money did the English get to build Wembley ?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

Fuck that. Murrayfield isn't capable of holding Old Firm games (segregation on entry to Stadium) so can't see plod allowing it to happen. 

It's not impossible but much more difficult. Can't see it happening at all but there was talk of redevelopment at murrayfield. Access isn't great and I'd doubt residents would want the hassle but Hampden is shite for that too. 

If the atmosphere is good tomorrow with it half-full then by all means, if not stick with Hampden. Allocation is enough of a problem just now with no mark clubs with delusions of grandeur without adding another 17,000 seats to be filled.

2 hours ago, Dickie1963 said:

Thatcher pulled the plug on a proper National Stadium at Hampden and that was that. What we got a number of years later was what we have. 

Thatcher? As in our 2nd greatest Prime Minister? She took a specific interest in it did she?

1 hour ago, Hutton2008 said:

For me both are unsuitable. Murrayfield pitch area is massive and we all know how bad hampden is at keeping in the atmosphere - least intimidating stadium around! Plus the fucking stupid running track!

is it not about time a fit for purpose national stadium was built and owned by the SFA? How much £100s of millions lottery funding and tax payers money did the English get to build Wembley ?

Unfortunately rather a lot of the tax money in Scotland is used on paying all your benifits. All you folk have heroin, irn bru and pies to pay for a you sure aren't going to pay for them yourself.