Windass.

tannerall

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is never a winger in a million years. l would play him just behind the main striker picking up knock downs and lose balls and making late runs into the box, he has the energy but not to sure about the brain, l think we would get the best out of him there, definitely worth l try as he is wasted out on the wing.

9 minutes ago, dougie76 said:

He is never a winger in a million years. l would play him just behind the main striker picking up knock downs and lose balls and making late runs into the box, he has the energy but not to sure about the brain, l think we would get the best out of him there, definitely worth l try as he is wasted out on the wing.

Thought he played well when more centrally at times last night. His finish for the offside goal was superb. Seems to have added that to his game. Really needs to add consistency  

I've slated the guy in the past but he put in a shift last night. He wasn't brilliant but that's one of the better performances he's had for us.

I can't believe a Windass pena front pairing worked last night... What's going on in the world. 

1 hour ago, dougie76 said:

Tried that and he was shite!

Even sutton said he didnt have the intelligence for that role, his short passing and vision is poor. 

Cant remeber many times thinking what a pass from windass 

Is there a surgery where we could put Nikos brain in his body.

I cannot believe some of the comments I've just read. "There's a player in there", "tries hard", "glimpses of a BRILLIANT footballer", no less. Thankfully the majority of us can see he's a useless waste of a jersey. He's not an "enigma", he's a fkn embarrasment.

20 minutes ago, FlashHarryForrester said:

Tried that and he was shite!

Even sutton said he didnt have the intelligence for that role, his short passing and vision is poor. 

Cant remeber many times thinking what a pass from windass 

Is there a surgery where we could put Nikos brain in his body.

That's me convinced :lol:

36 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

I cannot believe some of the comments I've just read. "There's a player in there", "tries hard", "glimpses of a BRILLIANT footballer", no less. Thankfully the majority of us can see he's a useless waste of a jersey. He's not an "enigma", he's a fkn embarrasment.

I don't doubt that he tries and I'll support him when he's on the park but it saddens me that he is the number 11 of the famous Glasgow Rangers.

Thought  he was ok last night, the thing about him he knows the fans hate him,you can tell his body language when he scores( the hearts away goal),and when he gets subbed,never claps ,thinks he's better than what he is. Can't see any team taking him off us,terrible attitude

There’s been points this season where I’ve genuinely despised him.

But last night was his first game for Rangers where he played in a position he was familiar with and he gave their defenders a terrible time, constantly dragging them out of position etc. 

He could be part of a front as a  CAM or CF. Like I said in the match thread he’d be a great player if he just understood what to do with the ball and when. 

There was at least 3 times in the first half where he was breaking with it and didn’t know whether to take them on or just stop. He stopped everytime and waited on help. He needs to cut that out. 

Tbh he looked like he was playing in front of his new manager last night showing him that’s the position he wants to play

I thought when we 1st signed him there was a player in him but he’s not really done anything.

what does the lad do well? Runs into the corner and puts across substandard crosses or even better puts it in the stands. When he’s not doing that he’s slowing the play down out wide and not beating men.

Not what we need going forward on his best day unfortunately.

9 hours ago, Band of Brothers said:

Whole fucking team is inconsistent name me a stand out? We need more than 1 and that was no dig at your comment but we need just something to click and if we play the same on Sunday I will be happy :cheers:

No problem mate, he like many of our players certainly devide all our opinions, if he can prove me wrong then I will be happy to say I got it wrong. :cheers:

He played really well last night, doesn't have the intelligence to make the right decisions but he tried hard. 

His pace and strength is actually something we've really lacked up top, Morelos is a great wee player but Josh has a bit more raw pace about him which helps when stretching tired defences. Morelos and Windass up top with Pena playing behind them in a diamond 4-4-2 or a 3-4-1-2 could work really well if we keep McCrorie at DM

He can run fast in a straight line when he has space ahead of him and he seems able to finish if he doesn't have time to think but his first touch is worse than Millers, he can't pass or cross and his decision making is woeful.

Last night was one of his better games but he continually hit 5 yard passes straight into the man in front of him or behind the intended recipient. Frustrating as fuck.

59 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

There was at least 3 times in the first half where he was breaking with it and didn’t know whether to take them on or just stop. He stopped everytime and waited on help. He needs to cut that out. 

Apart from loving himself & the shitebaggery, that's what does my head in.