Danny wilson

jjbscotty12

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Inigo said:

Woefully inconsistent. Tends to look good when not under much pressure. Not a particularly good centre back. 

Disagree, tends to do better against better opposition when he is fully switched on, against lesser teams he thinks he is better than he is and it leads to giving away goals, the Ross County game being an example.

He can look great one minute but gift a goal the next, don't think he is ever going to be good enough i'm afraid.

I think the fact we haven't, and he can sign a pre contract elsewhere from next week, suggests we won't be looking to renew.

Whether or not he's good enough, both Bates and Alves are also out of contract too and I'd hope to see them go before I would DW. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cardoso end his time with us and head somewhere less violent on the pitch. So potentially we could be left with none of our 4 centre halves (assuming RM stays in his midfield role).

On this basis, if the other 3 CHs are going, I would keep DW at least for another year for some form of continuity in central defence.

12 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

I think the fact we haven't, and he can sign a pre contract elsewhere from next week, suggests we won't be looking to renew.

Whether or not he's good enough, both Bates and Alves are also out of contract too and I'd hope to see them go before I would DW. I wouldn't be surprised to see Cardoso end his time with us and head somewhere less violent on the pitch. So potentially we could be left with none of our 4 centre halves (assuming RM stays in his midfield role).

On this basis, if the other 3 CHs are going, I would keep DW at least for another year for some form of continuity in central defence.

Alves signed a 2 year contract with us so he'll be here next season as well.  

I think the only senior players out of contract this summer are: Wilson, Kranjcar, and Miller.  

24 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

Alves signed a 2 year contract with us so he'll be here next season as well.  

I think the only senior players out of contract this summer are: Wilson, Kranjcar, and Miller.  

So he is. Thought I'd read he was 1 year.

Don't think he has another year to offer us what we need, I'll bundle him into the get rid category. ?