Fallout between the board and DOF

KingKirk

2 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

But surely a DOF reccomends players and doesn’t force them upon you saying you’ll be signing them 

massive key difference in your wee ill-thought out sarcastic speech there 

I take it this list was approved by the board, so when the DoF gets his jotters can he take the board with him. 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

I take it this list was approved by the board, so when the DoF gets his jotters can he take the board with him. 

According to the talk the board are not happy with the list 

that said are they only unhappy that the list drove away their managerial target because you can bet these cowardly fuckpig bastards wouldn’t have a problem with the list otherwise 

I don't think we should have a DoF and I wouldn't mind if Mark Allen left the club (even though it does show us to be a circus again) but.....

I noticed Klopp saying that his scouting team had to convince him to buy Salah.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5186633/Liverpool-boss-Jurgen-Klopp-nearly-didnt-sign-Mo-Salah.html

Would love to see this list, if there even was one, we know there wasn't a managerial list so I doubt there was one here. 

Im no fan of Allen, purely because I've no idea what he brings to the table. But I've liked a few of his interviews. 

Questions need asked of the board, what is Allens remit, I'm assuming the players he's targeting are purely in relation to the budget given by the board. So it's no wonder it's a shit heap 

Just now, K.A.I said:

According to the talk the board are not happy with the list 

that said are they only unhappy that the list drove away their managerial target because you can bet these cowardly fuckpig bastards wouldn’t have a problem with the list otherwise 

That sound like a rough idea for a Carry On film. 

So they see the list happy enough, McInnes sees the list not happy, then suddenly the board aren’t happy. ??

Just when you think it couldn’t get anymore outrageous. 

I guarantee there is no prescriptive list. The list a DOF puts together are recommendations. It's possible a manager doesn't like the level of player we can afford but there's no way anyone will be told 'here are the players we are signing'.

As Sweetheart said though, a DOF should also have a list of managers in the database. If the board don't like the suggestions I'd say that's the boards issue. If you decide on a structure give the people implementing it the trust and power to get in with it. 

We remind me if West Ham. Owners with too much of an opinion 

5 minutes ago, K.A.I said:

But surely a DOF reccomends players and doesn’t force them upon you saying you’ll be signing them 

massive key difference in your wee ill-thought out sarcastic speech there 

See that’s the bit that is made up K.A.I, because we never got the opportunity to wave any list in front of McIness because I believe both club statements ie: that we were refused permission to speak. 

What I clearly have a bee in my bunnet about is that there’s now folks making shit up that puts anything and anyone at our club in a bad light. 

Folks wanting mciness so bad that they would talk shite about our club is simply embarrassing. 

I’ll stop now. I’ve laboured my point way too much. Carry on. 

1 minute ago, trueblueal said:

I guarantee there is no prescriptive list. The list a DOF puts together are recommendations. It's possible a manager doesn't like the level of player we can afford but there's no way anyone will be told 'here are the players we are signing'.

As Sweetheart said though, a DOF should also have a list of managers in the database. If the board don't like the suggestions I'd say that's the boards issue. If you decide on a structure give the people implementing it the trust and power to get in with it. 

We remind me if West Ham. Owners with too much of an opinion 

Too many people with opinions/a say on matters they know fuck all about. 

I wonder if Parks let their salesmen go into the service dept and tell their mechanics how to do their job

7 minutes ago, gj923 said:

What I meant is that clearly the board will have given him spending plans or the types of players they want so if he has delivered on this whose fault is it?

It's hard to say who's to blame.  it could be the man at the top for employing the man in the middle, the man in the middle for employing the man at the bottom, or the man at the bottom scouting them....... but the buck ultimately stops with the board has they do the hiring and firing.:confused:

48 minutes ago, KWBear said:

All day long 

pretty sure the day he was appointed I gave it 18 months before he would quietly slope off with minimal fuss, having achieved absolutely nil during his time here 

an odd appointment, with all evidence pointing to “fuckwit”. Worked at Man City so therefore must be good. Then goes and appoints donkeys like brown to his scouting team? Ok mate 

I’ll bet the keys to my house that this cunt isn’t employed at Rangers in 2019. Oot the door never to be seen in football ever again, in any fucking capacity 

yet more shite from this board of cunts 

I wouldn't be blaming Allen, the board actively sought him, and no doubt King &/or minumurray pushed Allen to appoint a former great player but a real choobe of a man, being John Brown. 

Our board are fucking useless, in fact I'd keep Allen and get all the others to fuck.

11 hours ago, K.A.I said:

The DOF is a fucking clown to be fair ... he's been here since August and appointed John Brown as a scout, gave us Nemane on loan and presented a list of sub-standard shite for January and drove McInnes' away with it.

I said ages ago on here that one day soon you'll just see a wee dimly-worded statement on the club website saying we thank Mark Allen for his efforts and wish him all the best in his new position regional manager of Richer Sounds or something like that. 

A damp squib from the start. We didn't need a DOF at the time and now everyone including the board (if this is true) are finally realising it - only problem now with the board realising it, it's set us back 6-months and probably cost us about 500k in wages so far and a wee pay-off. Fucking idiots.

I agree with every word of this. I was scathing when he was appointed and nothing I've seen or heard since has changed my view.     I have an interest in Manchester City and was astounded when we appointed him. There is absolutely NO fucking way any credible manager would listen to a word Mark Allen says. He isn't even a genuine football man and no way should a manger risk his reputation on recommendations from an amateur.

Sums up this boards tenure. 

Get a DOF and try the fancy bit, sack him after 5 months with a nice wee pay off. 

All this nonsense is handing these cunts the league on a silver platter. We’ll go 12 games and a third of the season without a manager ffs and it’ll all be ok cause big bad Mark Allen was the problem in getting McInnes the first time. Instead of holding their fucking hands up and admitting the last 2 years have been a riot

Too many people "in the know about blah blah blah" and talking utter keek. Nobody knows what's going on behind closed doors but for what it's worth I'd rather be managerless than settle for a nobody like mcinnes.  You'd have thought the fenians got pumped 4-0 at the weekend and their supportive minions at the BBC decided to put out another negative Rangers story to deflect attention or is that just too obvious????

20 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

See that’s the bit that is made up K.A.I, because we never got the opportunity to wave any list in front of McIness because I believe both club statements ie: that we were refused permission to speak. 

What I clearly have a bee in my bunnet about is that there’s now folks making shit up that puts anything and anyone at our club in a bad light. 

Folks wanting mciness so bad that they would talk shite about our club is simply embarrassing. 

I’ll stop now. I’ve laboured my point way too much. Carry on. 

So every statement that a club makes is always 100% true, and nothing else ever happens unless a statement is released about it. Aye right you are :lol:

Is there any proof of any list existing ? Is there any proof of McInnes seeing any list if we didn't get to speak to him ?  Or did we speak to him ?  The facts are we don't know, however it's quite entertaining reading some of the shite that folk make up. 

53 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

The same go for the twat that decided McInnes is the answer. 

The same McInnes who is 2 points behind the taigs this season? Despite his team downing tools for a double header against us and rebuilding their squad for buttons in summer? 

Christ, i'd have taken him

If there was a list, it will have been compiled within a set of constraints, most likely transfer fee and/or wages restricted.

So if McInnes didn't like it, it won't be MA's fault, it will be because that is all the club can afford. If McInnes had other targets in mind that were within budget, I'm sure the scouts/ DoF would look at them.

I just don't buy this shit story he was a given an absolute list of signings with no opportunity for influence.

Just now, theiconicman said:

If there was a list, it will have been compiled within a set of constraints, most likely transfer fee and/or wages restricted.

So if McInnes didn't like it, it won't be MA's fault, it will be because that is all the club can afford. If McInnes had other targets in mind that were within budget, I'm sure the scouts/ DoF would look at them.

I just don't buy this shit story he was a given an absolute list of signings with no opportunity for influence.

Based on? Maybe the players he was suggesting were a terrible standard?

1 minute ago, Gustav said:

Based on? Maybe the players he was suggesting were a terrible standard?

Even if that were true (you're suggesting our entire knowledge base from DoF, Scouts and Contacts runs to nothing), we're to believe McInnes couldn't have suggested his own targets? Aberdeen isn't known for its massive scouting pool either...

The story is bollocks. McInnes didn't like something, but it wasn't a list of player targets.