** Ross County v Rangers Match Thread **

Bad Robot

Just now, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Cummings had the sense to go the direct route and have a go as soon as he was on the ball, paid off big time as the penalty not long after proved!

Can’t quite get over that penalty decision. Walker on commentary once more proving how lack of a brain he has in his head claiming the first one was a penalty but even he seemed a bit bemused by the one that was given.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

We needed to change formation.    Windass should have been subbed about 10 minutes into the second half.  

I'd play Cummings and Morelos up top together. However, criticising Murty so harshly when the 2 subs he brought on directly led to the winning goal is overly harsh.

22 minutes ago, Theulstervolunteer said:

I thought goss looked fucked about 10/15mins before he went off .... must be the reason surely because windass was dreadful.

Never noticed that tbh.

Managers do keep players on who are out of sorts for reasons we will never know. Maybe it's keeping Windass in the shop window to move him on, or for just his pace, who knows.

TBH, I don't think we ever got out of first gear. You can see the quality in Murphy and he worked back well. Just getting used to a new midfield set up and it will all click.

I always dreaded County, them being physical bastards, but no fear of anyone now tbh with the new set up and signings.

Not wishing to tempt fate, but I doubt we will drop many points at all. The squad is now pretty solid. My biggest hope that others take points off the scum and we do them at Ibrox, as it's now well within our capability. Can't fucking wait.

Why is it when we come out for a second half of any game we just seem to go through the motions? It was 65 to 35 per cent possession in favour of Ross county that's embarrassing ., there a pub team who had 6 men out.we should have been out of sight in the first half.its as if we don't realise teams will come out fired up at the start of the second half,baffling

5 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Why is it when we come out for a second half of any game we just seem to go through the motions? It was 65 to 35 per cent possession in favour of Ross county that's embarrassing .

Dot think they had 65% possession for the 2nd half, your just making that up

54 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

I'd play Cummings and Morelos up top together. However, criticising Murty so harshly when the 2 subs he brought on directly led to the winning goal is overly harsh.

I would also play Morelos with Cummings, to me that would be the obvious selection.  My criticism of Murty is based on his inability to see the need to change formation much earlier.  When he does make a change it is often like for like and very late.  He must be the only person who didn't think Windass was a non-playing passenger today.

1 hour ago, dougal72 said:

Happy with that, although bottom County never really get pumped by teams. We have title winning away form,  it's just a shame our home form has been so poor.

True.

Scum,sheep,spoonburners all beat them by a single goal too

We need  to stop moaning about winning 

11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

I would also play Morelos with Cummings, to me that would be the obvious selection.  My criticism of Murty is based on his inability to see the need to change formation much earlier.  When he does make a change it is often like for like and very late.  He must be the only person who didn't think Windass was a non-playing passenger today.

I said that during the game! So frustrating.

45 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Why is it when we come out for a second half of any game we just seem to go through the motions? It was 65 to 35 per cent possession in favour of Ross county that's embarrassing ., there a pub team who had 6 men out.we should have been out of sight in the first half.its as if we don't realise teams will come out fired up at the start of the second half,baffling

Well said. Yes we got the win but that was a lazy, almost unacceptable performance today. We have to be better, could have easily dropped more points today.

It's 3 points at the end of the day and that is all that matters.

I remember a lot of performances home and away like this under Walter as well as waiting very late for substitutions. 

It is impossible to play the perfect match for 90 minutes. Did people really expect Ross County to come out and be just as bad as they were in the first and us just as good?

I'd also argue in the second half that we still created better chances compared to RC despite our overall performance being more conservative. We had to make a few blocks from shots outside the box and had to make a few clearances but very rarely in this league away from home do you go the full 90 without having to defend at some point. I can't think of many saves Foderingham actully had to make like he did against Aberdeen.

The potential penalty against Bates wasn't a deliberate handball (his arm was by his side) and the penalty they got was not a penalty.

Absolute lunatics on here at times ! We controlled the 1st half and should have been out of sight as ross county were so poor, 2nd half they started to get a foot hold in the game and come back into it, yes Murty should have changed it up sooner but we still got the 3 points. 

How many games has Murty actually had as manager ? He is still a very young guy and a novice in managers terms, hes still learning and hopefully he learns from some mistakes but by fuck we won today when we have dropped silly points like this all season, enjoy the result and enjoy your Sunday because I know I certainly am.

4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

We were a man down with Windass today and was lucky to come out for the second half.

Goss was top drawer and he get's sub'd.

Aye, makes a lot of sense.

Not.

We're ALWAYS a man down with Windass imho. I know some people think "there's a player in there." Nae bother.

31 minutes ago, ronniescu said:

We're ALWAYS a man down with Windass imho. I know some people think "there's a player in there." Nae bother.

2 or 3 times he was sent clear into their box but because he wont use his left foot he invariably cut back to try and get the ball on to his right losing momentum and great chances. The squad quality has improved and he needs dropped unless he starts providing some end product.

5 hours ago, Bad Robot said:

Had a feeling Goss could be the motm but was getting subbed anyway to give GD game time which I thought was wrong 

I think it made sense as Goss is short term loan with no option to buy. Docherty on the other hand has just signed for 4.5 years. And needs some game time. Also Goss was starting to tire i.m.o.

I’ll take smash and grab results all day long if it gets us 55. This wasn’t a smash and grab though. We outplayed them for the majority of the game and nullified a lot of their threats early on. The improvements in our team and the style of play is very encouraging.

Candeias has been impressing me quite a lot lately.

Wit a fucking day. Best away day I’ve ever been to, that’s me ticked every stadium in the league off.

Trying to convince ma maw n da that the bus has just trapped in Glasgow n a went straight home from the city centre and didn’t end up in the pub :lol: 

4 minutes ago, WGOH said:

Wit a fucking day. Best away day I’ve ever been to, that’s me ticked every stadium in the league off.

Trying to convince ma maw n da that the bus has just trapped in Glasgow n a went straight home from the city centre and didn’t end up in the pub :lol: 

Going hame to a spanking

2 hours ago, WGOH said:

Jason Cummings baby

Archived