Steve Clarke

Copland bear

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

I have already said i think Clarke is a better manager than McInnes, but he hasn't managed to beat McInnes with the 2 games ending up 3-1 for Aberdeen, so he does not make him look like a mug.

It's very simplistic to expect Aberdeen to beat Kilmarnock because they have a bigger budget, if that was the case then how do you explain our horrific home form this season?

I think its because we have an average manager.  We know the players can up their game,  so whats the missing link? - a good manager that keeps the team being the best sum of its parts achivable.  I think Murty's main failing is keeping faith with players he rates,  regardless of their form.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Blue Avenger said:

I simply asked in response to another poster who listed four names and I asked whom he thought in ranking order was the best.

In another I simply asked who is the best manager in Scotland.

Now if you cant get either, then I do have some sympathy and hope you recover soon.

Going by some of your posts I've read I'm sure you are smart enough to realise my post was a tongue in cheek reply and a cheap attempt at sarcasm

5 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Then why should we be considering him? Just to play second fiddle to the scum?

He has shown he can get the best possible value out of a squad of players in a very short space of time.  Doesn't that warrant consideration?

3 minutes ago, jamess said:

I think its because we have an average manager.  We know the players can up their game,  so whats the missing link? - a good manager that keeps the team being the best sum of its parts achivable.  I think Murty's main failing is keeping faith with players he rates,  regardless of their form.

Hard to argue with that, but in saying that, up until the recent transfer window he had very limited options to change it.

Since the window the players in possession had a few decent results/performances so it's hard to justify dropping them, tomorrow it will be interesting to see how he lines the team up after that shite on Saturday.

14 minutes ago, jamess said:

Pretty much every manager suffers from that ffs.

Just look at the tranny shagger and his team of invincibles. How those wheels have fell off.

Then closer to home with Walter, who was one of the worst for it, but he was fortunate first time around in that no ne could  near us, such was the gap. Second time around many fans were not so happy. That list would be a very long one, but because Murty is a rookie and not the top manager we deserve, shite is just thrown more in hope that some will stick and he gets bagged.

The only problem is, we cannot get the best manager in Scotland for many different reasons, so we accept second best, as long he is better than Murty without giving him the chance and somehow that's supposed to be ok for this institution?

It's that fucking bad, that we are calling to appoint not even the second best taig manager in the land and I doubt we will ever win anything with that as our new standard.

Fickle as fuck!

Don’t understand why people think he’s better than what we currently have. He was abysmal down south failing miserably  

Also  his family are all huge cel!7ic fans as is he (went to StAndrews in Saltcoats) his first love are that lot and the last place i bet he wants to be is Ibrox  

plus we have a manager we should at least try and get behind no?

25 minutes ago, jamess said:

He has shown he can get the best possible value out of a squad of players in a very short space of time.  Doesn't that warrant consideration?

So did Warburton. Means absolutely nothing over the long haul.

Now you tell me if we are now into employing taigs as managers, then why we are not going for the best taig manager who does have serious motivational skills, win at all cost mentality and has all the managerial medals to prove it?

Now putting taigs managerial abilities to one side, do you think for one moment that your atypical West of Scotland or oirish taig could actually ever get an affinity with our club and ALL that we are? I doubt our song sheet will fill him full of love and adoration for us, far less when we meet the scum or the spoon burners.

As for Clarke, the not even the second best taig manager in Scotland, he is a fully paid up member of the taig scum fc to the core club and you think he is worthy of consideration? Being so scum fc orientated, why do you think scum fc didn't go for him if you think he is that good, because he would have been got for a fraction of the price of Brenda, but WE are supposed to consider him?

The only time he will ever be at Ibrox is in the oppo's dug out.

45 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

Now you tell me if we are now into employing taigs as managers, then why we are not going for the best taig manager who does have serious motivational skills, win at all cost mentality and has all the managerial medals to prove it?

Now putting taigs managerial abilities to one side, do you think for one moment that your atypical West of Scotland or oirish taig could actually ever get an affinity with our club and ALL that we are? I doubt our song sheet will fill him full of love and adoration for us, far less when we meet the scum or the spoon burners.

As for Clarke, the not even the second best taig manager in Scotland, he is a fully paid up member of the taig scum fc to the core club and you think he is worthy of consideration? Being so scum fc orientated, why do you think scum fc didn't go for him if you think he is that good, because he would have been got for a fraction of the price of Brenda, but WE are supposed to consider him?

Don't agree Warburton did,  apart from at the very start.  Them teams saw how we played,  and he wouldn't adapt.

Think your loosing it a bit with the debate.  I for one have never said he should be manager,  but I would be annoyed if he wasn't fully considered .

As mentioned, he hates us, he's a Tim and wouldn't consider it. It won't happen. I'm fairly sure the board are looking at replacements for the summer but until then I still back Murty. Saturday was a piss poor result and performance with an individual mistake costing us a point. Let's see how we get on for the rest of the season with the whole squad still to get fully fit before losing the rag! 

2 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

Hes a decent enough manager, nothing special. Hates Rangers by all accounts, as does his family and friends. 

Why on earth would we consider a guy like this? 

there are folk on here who'd have Clarke as manager and 'Lenny' as his assistant. 

4 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Steve Clarke already has a better head to head record against Rodgers down in England and he is now 2 unbeaten against the messiah up here in Scotland, Clarke has proved he is a match tactically against Brenda with lesser players so to speak, to say Rodgers is the best of the so called taig managers is being a bit unfair on Clarke, fine if you don't want him in the Rangers job that is your own personal opinion which you are more than entitled to, I just wouldn't let the overrated Rodgers cloud your judgement that he is a better manager than Clarke, I don't believe Clarke is anything like the rabid taig you claim he Is, his brother Paul who played for Kilmarnock has a season ticket for Rugby park so it isn't so rife in the family as it may be made out.

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Steve Clarke already has a better head to head record against Rodgers down in England and he is now 2 unbeaten against the messiah up here in Scotland, Clarke has proved he is a match tactically against Brenda with lesser players so to speak, to say Rodgers is the best of the so called taig managers is being a bit unfair on Clarke, fine if you don't want him in the Rangers job that is your own personal opinion which you are more than entitled to, I just wouldn't let the overrated Rodgers cloud your judgement that he is a better manager than Clarke, I don't believe Clarke is anything like the rabid taig you claim he Is, his brother Paul who played for Kilmarnock has a season ticket for Rugby park so it isn't so rife in the family as it may be made out.

Emm, I did not say Brenda is the best taig manager. Read again.

The tranny shagger may sit at the top of the league because he has the best team and took over a team who had actually just secured another title. Sure he is no idiot, but he is not all that and I'm seeing  the signs he isn't what it says on the label and would bore the best of them to fucking death. He does get some cred for his work at Swansea and a bit for getting the Liverpool gig in the beginning.

There is a much more rabid one who just took a team up from the Championship when others failed and now sits fourth and closing in on a very limited budget. Compared to the other two rabids, he has a chest full of medals both as a player and a manager. He obviously has motivational skills and doesn't do prisoners.

Then lastly we have the other rabid at killy with a managerial cv that reads, must do better. Won fuck all.

That ra loving scum ginger bastard maybe an absolute raving lunatic, but he has a cv that puts the other two to shame. In football results and titles are everything, or would you even disagree with that? Between those three, the lemmon wins hands down, or would you even di

Now, we are Rangers. We are THE footballing institution in the land, so why the fuck would we even consider the third best managerial taig in the land, far less the best one, or are you still going to persist that Mr won fuck all Clarke is the best, contrary to the evidence before you, far less that none of them should even be considered for very obvious reasons?

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

there are folk on here who'd have Clarke as manager and 'Lenny' as his assistant. 

Sectarian cuckolds.. Enjoy the humiliation. To be fair to SC hes quite open about his dislike for Rangers and wouldnt take the job. Unlike some of the freeloaders who are more than happy to sign up then down tools. 

Not talking about MOH obviously who's ability to perform is seriously curtailed by being a terrible footballer. 

2 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

Emm, I did not say Brenda is the best taig manager. Read again.

The tranny shagger may sit at the top of the league because he has the best team and took over a team who had actually just secured another title. Sure he is no idiot, but he is not all that and I'm seeing  the signs he isn't what it says on the label and would bore the best of them to fucking death. He does get some cred for his work at Swansea and a bit for getting the Liverpool gig in the beginning.

There is a much more rabid one who just took a team up from the Championship when others failed and now sits fourth and closing in on a very limited budget. Compared to the other two rabids, he has a chest full of medals both as a player and a manager. He obviously has motivational skills and doesn't do prisoners.

Then lastly we have the other rabid at killy with a managerial cv that reads, must do better. Won fuck all.

That ra loving scum ginger bastard maybe an absolute raving lunatic, but he has a cv that puts the other two to shame. In football results and titles are everything, or would you even disagree with that? Between those three, the lemmon wins hands down, or would you even di

Now, we are Rangers. We are THE footballing institution in the land, so why the fuck would we even consider the third best managerial taig in the land, far less the best one, or are you still going to persist that Mr won fuck all Clarke is the best, contrary to the evidence before you, far less that none of them should even be considered for very obvious reasons?

Looks like its the lemon then:confused:

2 hours ago, Heshootshescores said:

Sectarian cuckolds.. Enjoy the humiliation. To be fair to SC hes quite open about his dislike for Rangers and wouldnt take the job. Unlike some of the freeloaders who are more than happy to sign up then down tools. 

Not talking about MOH obviously who's ability to perform is seriously curtailed by being a terrible footballer. 

You got any examples of him openly disliking us?

Just now, sassaaaa said:

Amazed this shite is still going on in here , the guys a rabid taig bastard who would never take the job even if they were stupid enough to offer him it.

We have enough taigs stealing cash from us now , we don't need any more..........

Again, any examples of this?

Not saying he's not but everything I've seen in the media all claims he's a Kilmarnock fan.

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Again, any examples of this?

Not saying he's not but everything I've seen in the media all claims he's a Kilmarnock fan.

Aye and Fitzpatrick was a St Mirren fan. The taig has even said he doesn't want the job. Who do you think the tims will go for when Brenda walks ?

Fuckin unbelievable "fans" of ours want this or any other taig in charge of our team thats trying to stop the team they support win 10.

6 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Aye and Fitzpatrick was a St Mirren fan. The taig has even said he doesn't want the job. Who do you think the tims will go for when Brenda walks ?

Fuckin unbelievable "fans" of ours want this or any other taig in charge of our team thats trying to stop the team they support win 10.

So no examples then nah? 

What's who they will go for got to do with our next manager? I assume you mean Clarke so that makes him one of them? 

It's easy to say you don't want a job which hasn't been offered to you. He's at a Kilmarnock press conference he's hardly going to express interest in a job which he's not even been mentioned for.

Do I want one of them in charge of us? no. Yet to see some solid proof that he is one of them though.