Steve Clarke

Copland bear

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

To put his performance in context, how many Killie players, apart from Mulumbu, would get in our team? They started the season as a joke retirement home for ex-bluenoses and are now fucking hard to beat. Imagine what he could do with our squad? I wanted him when Warburton got punted and I hoped again when Pedro got fired too. He is the best candidate by the length of Paisley Road West

He's better than the kids coach who has led us from one embarrassment to the next.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

He's better than the kids coach who has led us from one embarrassment to the next.

These are the kind of things and comments I never wanted to see regarding Murty. 

And yet the board have allowed it with their incompetence.

Disgraceful 

1 minute ago, Colin Traive said:

To put his performance in context, how many Killie players, apart from Mulumbu, would get in our team? They started the season as a joke retirement home for ex-bluenoses and are now fucking hard to beat. Imagine what he could do with our squad? I wanted him when Warburton got punted and I hoped again when Pedro got fired too. He is the best candidate by the length of Paisley Road West

The spoon burners came up from the championship and are sitting fourth and can challenge for second, whereas Killy at best might make the cut. Killy pumped the scum, but only last week were dismantled by the sheep. Makes a lot os sense, The season is far from over.

So, who is the better manager and one that is also a proven winner of many trophies, whilst the other has won fuck all? Not hard to work out what is staring you in the face.

A flawed knee jerking premise from many I'm afraid.

20 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

These are the kind of things and comments I never wanted to see regarding Murty. 

And yet the board have allowed it with their incompetence.

Disgraceful 

This exactly

Murty is being used by the board to buy them time, he is the fall guy. A good guy being chucked under the bus.

The first thing I read about Clarke was he was going to see it through with killie(he was there for the long haul) this was to thank killie for taking a chance on him and getting him back into management, I think those comments would attribute to him distancing himself from our job when he was asked the question.

There is no point in rocking the boat just now , it would show us in a better light if we made an approach at the end of the season, go in now and I reckon he would knock it back, if we attempt to do business in the summer then you are starting with a blank canvas, Clarke is proving he knows our game well enough, he knows it well enough to get a killie team who have been relegation material for as long and weary into a genuine top 6 side....all of this has been achieved in under 5 months, forget the politics about whether he is a tim or not the reality is he is proving to be the best candidate for the job so it's a yes from me.

His stock is rising. 

Always thought he was a good coup for Kilmarnock but never thought he was what we needed but I think he’s the best manager in Scotland at the moment now. 

Dont think he’d come to us though - he made that clear the other month at their AGM I think it was.

2 hours ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

If anybody believes Steve Clarke is going to sort our problems out then they are sadly deluded.

As a respected poster well up to speed in all things Rangers past and present, who would be your choice for our next manager.

8 hours ago, Copland bear said:

Time King got his finger out and got his guy before we lose out to some cunt else.   Been a success no matter where he has been, this he's ex celtic pish ? Buy into that one and he will be at the beggerdome when Brendan moves on as I have never associated him with them as I have never known him to play for them and always remembered him at Chelsea.

So time we got our fucking act togeather and got some cunt in who is up for the job.

If we managed to ge Steve Clarke and sell Morelos for £10m , and we back him with say £15 to £20m he will win us the league next year and put us back on the bloody map   

He should have been appointed when Pedro was sacked instead we go after a very average manager in McInnes for him to knock us back,   That's how bad things have got when that useless cunt knocks us back.  

https://www.tourettes-action.org.uk/

7 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

His old manager Fitzpatrick said years back that he was a die hard bheast fan who was gutted at being wanted by bheasts but no agreement could be made. This was before he went to Chelsea.

Yep, he’s one of those cowardly expats who doesn’t admit to being a Rangers or celtic fan once out of Scotland. 

9 hours ago, Reformation Bear said:

Seems to me the Rangers ship has sailed on going after Clarke.  The DOF and King and whoever else are the decision makers at Ibrox had a long time after sacking Pedro to think about making an approach for Steve Clarke.     The nose and the tail of it is they decided to stick with the experiment of going with an untried, untested, cheap option rookie instead.  Electing to take a big gamble on the immediate and foreseeable football future of Rangers in hoping that Murty turns out to be the real deal as a suitable Rangers manager at least for this season, and maybe yet for a whole lot longer.

Having made that throw of the dice I just do not see the board being even remotely prepared to change their minds.   There would be too much loss of pride for them.  Too much loss of face.  Too much like an admission of failure and of making (yet another) poor managerial decision.   No, imo, they will ride this out at least for this season and see what their roll of the dice produces.   If its no European football for next season and no SC win then my guess is they will just shrug their corporate shoulders, mark it down to a learning experience and keep going with Murty for another season.   After all, after the shambles of a long protracted recruitment to replace Pedro what manager of any sort of quality in his right mind is going to take any approach from the Rangers DOF / board seriously?

Murty is in a no-lose situation.  He has time to learn, time to make mistakes and supposedly learn from them, time to experiment with his team selections, time to get some managerial experience under his belt.   All at the expense of the Support having to endure whatever happens on the pitch and just having to take the results whatever they may be. That is what the board has committed the Club to experience and endure.   But having set their managerial compass there is no way I can see that a board will now suddenly change managerial direction.    We are stuck with having to see how this plays out - at least until the end of the season and very probably beyond.   

Your posts are dynamite sometimes Reformation Bear. Always seems to be a good read ?

8 hours ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

His old manager Fitzpatrick said years back that he was a die hard bheast fan who was gutted at being wanted by bheasts but no agreement could be made. This was before he went to Chelsea.

How sad is it that id still actually want this guy before I'd keep Murty. And I would as it would undoubtedly benefit the club.

Worst post I've seen you post.