Terry Butcher

King Jela

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His patter is non existent and it's easy to see why he's not a manager anymore on the rare occasions when he's actually speaking about the game that's going on.

'Just a long ball forward from Goss' was hilarious. 50 yard pass right onto a strikers boot but it's just a long ball ae Terry

2 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I will always remember Butcher beating celtic when he was at ICT and handing us the advantage right at the end of the league season.  As he left the field he fist pumped the air.  

He also went mental managing Motherwell on the day of helicopter Sunday.

10 hours ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

I will always remember Butcher beating celtic when he was at ICT and handing us the advantage right at the end of the league season.  As he left the field he fist pumped the air.  

The only things he ever did was being the  manager of Motherwell when they  beat the scum (Sutton included) on the last day of the 2004-05 season which caused the Helicopter to change direction; then as manager of ICT in season 2010-11 when they beat the scum that allowed us to win the league by one point in Walter's last season before retiring.

Apart from that, he has been a bitter cunt towards the team he captained

I actually think he thought he was in with a shout of being our manager instead of Ally and that started the animosity.

3 hours ago, ianferguson said:

Shite, Butcher is the best CH to play for Rangers in the modern era and no amount of his pish patter can change that. 

Gough.

I think there is a strong argument for there being too many from the "modern era" as you call it (30 years ago now) in the Greatest XI. Jock Tiger Shaw, Willie Woodburn, Eric Caldow, David Meiklejohn, Bobby Shearer, Derek Johnstone, George Young. Just a few greats that gave far more to this club than Butcher ever did. Modern era? Amoruso also won more and gave more than Butcher. It's a slap in the face to all these legends that Butcher is in that XI, and it does a disservice to our own great history.

15 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t mind Sutton as a pundit/commentator. 

Not gonna lie, he rarely actually annoys me and I think half the people that moan on about him are just jumping on the bandwagon 

I think he has changed a bit recently.  It used to seem as if he was trolling Rangers fans with stupid comments like Butcher made regarding the penalt last night but I get the impression he's now going out of his way to appear more balanced.  He's still an absolute cock though, just not as much of one as Butcher.

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

At some point he said something was heartbreaking.  Was it when we scored?  Definitely sounded like he was heartbroken, regardless whatever context he said it.

I think he said it was heartbreaking for Tommy Wright that we were winning 4-0 IIRC.

3 hours ago, Spliffy said:

Gough.

I think there is a strong argument for there being too many from the "modern era" as you call it (30 years ago now) in the Greatest XI. Jock Tiger Shaw, Willie Woodburn, Eric Caldow, David Meiklejohn, Bobby Shearer, Derek Johnstone, George Young. Just a few greats that gave far more to this club than Butcher ever did. Modern era? Amoruso also won more and gave more than Butcher. It's a slap in the face to all these legends that Butcher is in that XI, and it does a disservice to our own great history.

If the greatest XI was about about service and attitude you'd have a point m8 and for example Gazza ,the best player to wear our shirt imo, wouldn't be anywhere near it, but our XI is based on ability and imo Butcher is way better than Gough. I was 23 when Butcher signed for Rangers and I'd watched some imposters wear our shirt for a good few years  but when Butcher first arrived he was a collosus who could lead and play great football. His passing ability and touch were amazing and his broken leg cost us ten in a row imo. On the park he was the catalyst for all the top English players who followed him up the road. Gough was a great athlete and leader but not as good a footballer imo.

19 hours ago, Billythebear77 said:

He’s an absolute cunt off a man, an ex player, captain and member off the hall of fame, who goes out of his way to have a dig at us. He said last season he was “neutral” in an old firm game.

absolute cunt 

Should be taken off the Hall of fame board. I watched him play and he was a solid guy. No former captain of Rangers should talk us down. Dyke jumping PRICK. 

19 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I don’t mind Sutton as a pundit/commentator. 

Not gonna lie, he rarely actually annoys me and I think half the people that moan on about him are just jumping on the bandwagon 

He was almost praising us last night.

Ironic as fuck if he was absolutely correct about Pedro, and getting rid of him at that moment was to propel us to League Champions. Still a longshot though, as when Sutton asked Butcher if it was still a one-horse race and he said yes, that it was a battle for the places.