Scottish Football

24 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Hopefully they do fuck all, go bust and end up a dumping field.

Too many short memories 

To be honest I'm just thinking of ourselves with hoping they do better, I'd rather we didn't get dragged down to playing loads of qualifiers cause the rest of Scottish football is shite in Europe.

25 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Hopefully they do fuck all, go bust and end up a dumping field.

Too many short memories 

This! Fuck Hearts

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

As much as it pains me to say it Naismith has been a very good manager for them since he's properly settled in as permanent.

Honestly thought it was a mistake when he got the job in stark contrast to Barry Robson who seemed a dead cert to kick on.

I thought around the start of October that they'd both be out of a job by January. Naismith has done a good job after a tricky start.

14 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

As much as it pains me to say it Naismith has been a very good manager for them since he's properly settled in as permanent.

Honestly thought it was a mistake when he got the job in stark contrast to Barry Robson who seemed a dead cert to kick on.

Helped a lot with a make the difference player in Shankland.

Shankland has been the difference between 5th or 6th and being relatively comfortably 3rd.

18 minutes ago, Badger said:

Helped a lot with a make the difference player in Shankland.

Shankland has been the difference between 5th or 6th and being relatively comfortably 3rd.

Think they're recruiting well enough that they'll not get the same quality as Shankland but still be comfortably 3rd next year again. I think they'd still be 3rd without Shankland this season.

31 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Think they're recruiting well enough that they'll not get the same quality as Shankland but still be comfortably 3rd next year again. I think they'd still be 3rd without Shankland this season.

Debatable. Based on Xg they are massively over performing. 16 points better off than expected. Shankland will be a major part of that.

4 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Debatable. Based on Xg they are massively over performing. 16 points better off than expected. Shankland will be a major part of that.

It's not like if you take Shankland out of the team that everything disappears though, someone else is in his place albeit probably not as good they'd still be getting goals/assists. They're 11 points ahead of 4th place, I don't think they lose 12 points without Shankland.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

It's not like if you take Shankland out of the team that everything disappears though, someone else is in his place albeit probably not as good they'd still be getting goals/assists. They're 11 points ahead of 4th place, I don't think they lose 12 points without Shankland.

He's scored more than half of their goals. It would be very close for third without him.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

He's scored more than half of their goals. It would be very close for third without him.

Are we talking about him being injured and nobody else being in or sold and replaced?

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Are we talking about him being injured and nobody else being in or sold and replaced?

The former obviously matters more but being able to replace him doesn't guarantee anything.

Fair play to Spittal. Could have gave up after leaving us, went down to Queens Park with the likes of Andy Robertson, followed him to UTD and has worked his way up (albeit not at the same level as Andy Robertson). Good move for him.

55 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

The former obviously matters more but being able to replace him doesn't guarantee anything.

Of course it doesn't I just don't think they'd be 12 points worse with a replacement.

Defending and finishing is woeful. We've actually got the best players in a couple of decades and can't help thinking a better management team could do better but you can't magic up good strikers

3 minutes ago, bam74 said:

No surprise the Netherlands scored 4 goals against a back line consisting of Porteous, Hendry and Tierney. Decent against the pish but absolutely nowhere near the level the Scottish press would have you believe.

Was at 1-0 until Souttar came on…

4 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Souttar had a nightmare when he came on.. Gunn is shite. I see people saying 4-0 flattered the Dutch, but they could have had about 4 more after the 4th. Scotland had their chances as well, but when they brought a bit of quality on it was boys against men.

Souttar has some incredible PR for the number of mistakes he makes.