Morelos signs contract extension until 2021

Marky.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very good news, in my mind this was a priority to try and get this done, didnt really think it would judging by the noises coming out so fantastic news the club have got him tied down, the timing and psychology for the player are perfect, the jibs on here about the club being badly run by the clueless will soon have to stop, someone at the club clearly knows what they are doing.

Starting to feel the long journey from despair to genuine hope for our club is nearly done, just go out and beat that shower shite on sunday and it will be complete.

2 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Never get the excitement with players signing new contracts. Only people it's good for is the player himself increasing his wages.

If we were to get £20m bid for him in the summer he'd be gone regardless that he signed a new deal.

It increases the players value ten fold. 

48 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

What odds did you get for that one and with who ?

fancy that myself

Bearing in mind he only has 3 goals against the rest of the  top 6 teams, I’d hope the odds would be very much in your favour!

Just now, HG5 said:

Bearing in mind he only has 3 goals against the rest of the  top 6 teams, I’d hope the odds would be very much in your favour!

Hope so mate 

Been on a good wee run lately with some good little wins with Bet 365 .The best 

Can't say the bet or I'll jinx it but I'm confident this weekend 

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

Hope so mate 

Been on a good wee run lately with some good little wins with Bet 365 .The best 

Can't say the bet or I'll jinx it but I'm confident this weekend 

Well done mate?

Hope you can continue the trend!

You’re right - don’t go jinxing it?

On a shit run myself.

Best way of guaranteeing a win for us would be for me to bet on them,  the way things are going.

But that would taste dirty!

Must say, I’m more optimistic than I’ve been in any of the games since promotion - feeling like the old days again!!!!

He’s rubbish and we need to replace him with Miller or McCoist ASAP!  

Well done Alfredo, let’s now push on and start converting some of the easier chances as well as the difficult ones you score....starting Sunday! 

4 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

There is so much more to his game than just scoring goals.  He is also good with the off-side rule it is just we are often a bit slow in too slow in making the pass.

He's had a couple of real shockers with offsides imo, the first game against Partick and the Tarriers as well.

Good news and sensible business being done. He deserves it and our negotiating position is much stronger when bids come in. In the crazy English market if he keeps improving and we win a title then he is £15m+ next summer. If we are are close second then he is likely £7-£12m depending on how he plays.

All this shite about him missing chances.  McCoist used to miss plenty and he is our best ever striker.  Mo Salah and Harry Kane have missed more clear cut chances than any other players in the EPL this season.  It's just part and partial (© Jason Cummings 2018) of being a player who gets into the right positions again and again.  

3 hours ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

Never get the excitement with players signing new contracts. Only people it's good for is the player himself increasing his wages.

If we were to get £20m bid for him in the summer he'd be gone regardless that he signed a new deal.

You're missing the point.  He would be gone if £20M comes in but the improved and extended contract means when he does go we can get more money and it will more than cover the outlay. 

Even if we bumped his contract up by an extra £20k a week (which I don't believe we will have) then we only need to be able to squeeze out an extra £1M per year he stays here and his value should theoretically increase in that year. And in addition to this we will have a happier and more settled player. Everyone wins, not just the player.

5 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

Good news and sensible business being done. He deserves it and our negotiating position is much stronger when bids come in. In the crazy English market if he keeps improving and we win a title then he is £15m+ next summer. If we are are close second then he is likely £7-£12m depending on how he plays.

All this shite about him missing chances.  McCoist used to miss plenty and he is our best ever striker.  Mo Salah and Harry Kane have missed more clear cut chances than any other players in the EPL this season.  It's just part and partial (© Jason Cummings 2018) of being a player who gets into the right positions again and again.  

I have to do my best not to bite when cunts hit out with that.