Morelos

3 hours ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

What a fucking terrible thread, short sightedness at it best. We have been crying out for a striker that can score 20 a season for the past 5 years and you want to start a thread about him missing the open goal. What’s the solution then inspector gadget? So you would of been happy with a 3-3 draw that would of been enough for you? Young lad that missed an easy goal yes I agree but if you think the lad is shite and needs to be sold them thank fuck your not the manager.

Team performance and as someone else pointed our to me earlier the tactics were not good enough to win today’s match. As for the standard slaughter the players thread think this one is a very narrow minded ? 

The crowd used to boo Ally in his first season or so as he missed so many - he got there and I am sure Morelos will as well 

2 hours ago, westenclosure2008 said:

It was a howler of a miss that should have got us at least a draw but he starts ahead of Cummings for me every time. He leads the line well and works the channels. When Cummings played up top himself the ball didn’t stick and would come straight back at us. We should thought have went two up top when they went down to ten.

The situation kind of mirrors what happened at celtic with Griffiths and Dembele.  Dembele was said to be the more complete forward but Griffiths was the more natural goal scorer.  Their fans wanted two up front but the manager wouldn't change the 4-2-3-1 system (that we've now adopted).  Over time Griffiths worked back in to the team and Dembele can't wait to leave for a bigger payday.  I do think over time Cummings can prove himself to be the better striker I just hope he stays with us for next season.  A lack of first-team opportunities is why he left Notts in the first place and Murty is showing very little faith in the lad.  

3 hours ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

What a fucking terrible thread, short sightedness at it best. We have been crying out for a striker that can score 20 a season for the past 5 years and you want to start a thread about him missing the open goal. What’s the solution then inspector gadget? So you would of been happy with a 3-3 draw that would of been enough for you? Young lad that missed an easy goal yes I agree but if you think the lad is shite and needs to be sold them thank fuck your not the manager.

Team performance and as someone else pointed our to me earlier the tactics were not good enough to win today’s match. As for the standard slaughter the players thread think this one is a very narrow minded ? 

I say to people who say he’s shite to go to Columbia at 21 and try and make a career. The lad has the heart of a lion who has missed sone crucial chances in a few games but I actually blame Murty for this because that boy has player more than a full season of football without much of a break due to his spell in Finland. Morelos should’ve been dropped a few weeks ago and got Cummings beddded in but as Murty refuses to change then Morelos wouldn’t get that break he needs it’s almost like he can miss what he wants and play as poorly as he wants (Falkirk) but he will always play no matter what, he should be dropped and then be champin at the bit to get on. I know he should be tappin the open goals in and there’s no excuse for him missing but he needs that competition to keep him on fire. 

Useless cunt missed a sitter from 2 yards, I don’t give a fuck what continent he is from, get him to Fuck the kiddy on prima Donna. The last 2 old firm games he has missed absolute sitters but yet cunts are afraid to call him out on his SHITE finishing 

anything over £5m and we have won a watch 

fuck off to the lower EPL pal, earn a pretty penny and marry some Columbian skank

9 minutes ago, bluewhitevanman said:

I say to people who say he’s shite to go to Columbia at 21 and try and make a career. The lad has the heart of a lion who has missed sone crucial chances in a few games but I actually blame Murty for this because that boy has player more than a full season of football without much of a break due to his spell in Finland. Morelos should’ve been dropped a few weeks ago and got Cummings beddded in but as Murty refuses to change then Morelos wouldn’t get that break he needs it’s almost like he can miss what he wants and play as poorly as he wants (Falkirk) but he will always play no matter what, he should be dropped and then be champin at the bit to get on. I know he should be tappin the open goals in and there’s no excuse for him missing but he needs that competition to keep him on fire. 

He missed and open goal fae a yard mate, fuck off 

I alway get the impression that Morelos is hit and hope kinda guy, if he would just learn to get his head up and look where he’s hitting the ball he might just end up being a great player, the sitter he missed at the end sort of proves my point

1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

Sorry I hate saying this but he is finished for me I want him sold ASAP he has cost us too many games I agree his all round game is decent but ultimately strikers are judged on Goals and big games he has cost us time and time again today was the final straw for me ! Get Cummings in for a run now let’s see if he can step up to the plate !

Agreed, love his work rate and commitment but for a striker that’s not enough. Last two old firm games we could have won if he had been able to score the most simple of chances. If we can get any sort of decent money in the summer we need to sell him. Cummings must get a run of games now to give him a chance to show what he can do.

1 hour ago, Bluepeter9 said:The crowd used to boo Ally in his first season or so as he missed so many - he got there and I am sure Morelos will as well 

The saving grace for Ally was that, even in the initial years when he struggled, he could always find the net against that mob. I rate Morelos and think he will come good against them.  However he needs to get of the mark soon  (dont need another Kris Boyd in that respect).

6 hours ago, james_85 said:

Just watched it back. Fuck knows why he doesn't tap it in with his left. The 1 on 1 he was never scoring, too much time to think about it. That's both old firm games he has let us down when it counts

There was another, when a cross came in from the left, about to the penalty spot.

Instead of swivelling & smacking it goalwards with his left, he took it with his right & turned AWAY from goal, before losing the chance.

1 hour ago, Bristol loyal said:

Cummings must get a run of games now to give him a chance to show what he can do.

If Cummings doesn't get a run of games can you really see him staying here beyond the summer?  The boy is hungry for first-team football and to feature in big games and we're not interested.  Morelos just signed a new contract and seems first pick in a one striker formation so I wouldn't be surprised if Cummings moves elsewhere in the summer.  Murty needs to show faith in Cummings and give him some game time or bringing him here has been a waste of time.

19 minutes ago, THE_MIGHTY_BEARS said:

If Cummings doesn't get a run of games can you really see him staying here beyond the summer?  The boy is hungry for first-team football and to feature in big games and we're not interested.  Morelos just signed a new contract and seems first pick in a one striker formation so I wouldn't be surprised if Cummings moves elsewhere in the summer.  Murty needs to show faith in Cummings and give him some game time or bringing him here has been a waste of time.

No I don’t, and that worries me because I think he’s got talent and our loss will be someone else’s gain.

1 hour ago, Ibroxholm said:

The saving grace for Ally was that, even in the initial years when he struggled, he could always find the net against that mob. I rate Morelos and think he will come good against them.  However he needs to get of the mark soon  (dont need another Kris Boyd in that respect).

.. sometime all it takes is one goal ( sometime not - Tori Andre flow scored againstbthem on his debut) 

morelos will be fine ( imho) 

7 hours ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

I think it’s fair to have the view that Cummings should have started. 

Morelos will be sold in the summer because we need the money - anyone thinking that will be more than a few million is kidding themselves on.

The mythical bids and new contract headlines essentially meant we had the wrong player starting the game today.

I agree that it is not fair that Morelos is being hounded and not the manager.

Not to mention he got caught offside AGAIN at 1-0 when he got played through, someone needs to sit down and explain the offside rule to him. He lacks composure in big games and his finishing is poor and gets caught offside constantly (it was worse at the start of the season but still evident), not the traits you want in a striker.