Murty threw Halliday under the bus yesterday

GOAT

5 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

He was, yea.

Thought so. Wouldn’t have been nearly as humiliating if they hadn’t got the second, would have seemed like more of a tactical change than a punishment for Halliday. I don’t really care but I think Murty was actually trying to change the game rather than “throw anyone under the bus” (can we all stop saying that now ffs).

Was I the only one screaming at Halliday to run faster off the pitch? I couldn't wait to see the back of him, he was up there as one of the poorest performers. 

Murty was correct not waiting to half time, the good of the team comes before players egos. 

Murty was wrong in starting him in the first place.

Andy Halliday gets a big pay cheque to wear the Rangers shirt. He was picked to play and failed to deliver. He was then replaced. What is the problem. You could argue that Murty had given him a massive opportunity and that it was Halliday that threw Murty “under a bus” by his failure on the pitch, Halliday’s subsequent behaviour was an absolute disgrace in which he further dishonoured the Shirt that he has been given the privilege to wear.

12 minutes ago, MasterD said:

Wonder if the reaction to the sub would be the same if it was someone like Martin that got subbed off on 40mins :hmmm:

Surely it would have been, surely we don’t have people on here taking sides with him cause’ he grew up in the Copland ?

1 hour ago, rfc_watp said:

Was I the only one screaming at Halliday to run faster off the pitch? I couldn't wait to see the back of him, he was up there as one of the poorest performers. 

Murty was correct not waiting to half time, the good of the team comes before players egos. 

Murty was wrong in starting him in the first place.

Totally agree, shouldn't have been on the park in the first place but Andy could have at least tried to put a tackle in or cut out a pass, or at the very least faced up to that monkey Brown when he was screaming in his face, that summed his day when he backed off with his head down, Murty didn't let Andy down substitution him 10 mins before half time Andy let us and himself down way before that. Then again going up the tunnel. 

7 hours ago, GOAT said:

Halliday is not Rangers class and never will be.  Let’s get that out the way.  But for murty to a. Play him yesterday and then b. sub him with only a few minutes of the half left was disgraceful.  Completely tossed him under the bus, why not wait til half time instead of embarrassing the guy like that. Thought it was a fucking scummy move by murty to embarrass the guy after he put him in the situation in the first place.

Thought the same - whole team were rank rotten, for the sake of 4 or 5 minutes Murty could have made the change at half time in the dressing room instead of humiliating Halliday especially in front of them  

1 hour ago, Lord Lockin said:

Thought the same - whole team were rank rotten, for the sake of 4 or 5 minutes Murty could have made the change at half time in the dressing room instead of humiliating Halliday especially in front of them  

Or had we scored just before half time it would've been a master stroke to score at the best possible time of the game. 

And for what? To make Halliday feel like less of a prick for being subbed before half time? His petulant outburst was embarrassing and insulting to the management team, why should he be shown respect when he clearly doesn't offer any himself?

9 hours ago, GOAT said:

Halliday is not Rangers class and never will be.  Let’s get that out the way.  But for murty to a. Play him yesterday and then b. sub him with only a few minutes of the half left was disgraceful.  Completely tossed him under the bus, why not wait til half time instead of embarrassing the guy like that. Thought it was a fucking scummy move by murty to embarrass the guy after he put him in the situation in the first place.

How many times have people here moaned about murty not making changes and here you are moaning because he made the change.he may well have thrown him under the bus but he could have thrown the lot under the bus and got more our of the nothing that was on there

I posted at the time that the substitution was probably a desperate last throw of the dice expecting Windass to somehow pull us back a goal before half time,before a potential second half drubbing, and why he should have waited till half time, consolidated the team with two experienced players (Miller and Alves) to hold the game for the first 10-15 minutes of the second half and then perhaps build on it for a goal. That was the common sense obvious professional move, damage limitation either way and the chance to build.

Am now thinking that there was already a major rift in  the team and dressing room before the game, and Murty either lost out or was swayed in to making an unwanted decision either by Halliday, or for Halliday before the game,  and that Murty made the crazy change in a pique of anger at being stitched up and so far off the pace by the fortieth minute.

No matter what the reason, that one totally unprofessional substitute decision should have seen him resign or be demoted very quickly, it set a train in motion that became a total clusterfuck.

I'm still surprised too that Miller was not used at any stage, more to that to maybe ? Who knows.

Murty threw Windass under the same bus, possibly the strangest decision he could have made. You don't throw on a potentially ineffective often brainless unpredictable player like Windass in to a big game like that on the 40th minute with madness all around, just cause you are frustrated or out of ideas. 

27 minutes ago, orangecountry said:

Or had we scored just before half time it would've been a master stroke to score at the best possible time of the game. 

And for what? To make Halliday feel like less of a prick for being subbed before half time? His petulant outburst was embarrassing and insulting to the management team, why should he be shown respect when he clearly doesn't offer any himself?

Eh did we score - no - so no master stroke just bad management

Cunts are saying Halliday shouldn’t have been treated like that, like what? Murty can sub him anytime he likes. If anything is was Halliday opening his big mouth. Also, he deserved to be subbed. He’s fucking pish and that’s a fact. Too many cunts way  their blue tints on cos he’s one of our own. 

20 minutes ago, Bossorange said:

Cunts are saying Halliday shouldn’t have been treated like that, like what? Murty can sub him anytime he likes. If anything is was Halliday opening his big mouth. Also, he deserved to be subbed. He’s fucking pish and that’s a fact. Too many cunts way  their blue tints on cos he’s one of our own. 

I'm one of those c***s, what happened to him yesterday was a disgrace - we all know he's not good enough to play for Rangers and your saying he's pish, well he's in good company in that team and did he deserved to be subbed,  in my opinion not before Martin who was at fault at both the first and second goals - and I'm not one of the he's one of us brigade