Murty threw Halliday under the bus yesterday

GOAT

1 hour ago, scottyc06 said:

Aye because making a sub minutes before half time was good for the club!! Considering it was also the wrong sub to make, maybe holding off & having time to think/discuss it might have actually benefited the entire club! 

A change needed to be made as Halliday went completely missing and our midfield was being overrun.  I remember Scott Allan being hooked first-half of a game a few months back at Ibrox these things happen and players need to take it on the chin.  The feelings of Andy Halliday should never superseded the good of the football team.Has the manager to sit on his hands afraid to make a change in case poor Andy gets all upset and embarrassed?  :lol:  

32 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

This argument could be legitimate if the substitution worked, instead he brought on Windass :lol:

Multiple options.

Do nothing. The worst option.

Make a sub. Right option.

Sub Halliday. Decent option, the windass point is a fair one. Alternatives for me would have been Martin for Alves due to how poor he was or to bring on Alves for Halliday and push RM into CDM. 

Murty fucked up and it was clear to all it need changed. The only credit he gets is for trying to change it. I don't think any player on the bench would have countered every other player being poor but it's wrong to say it was the wrong decision as the sub didn't work.

And getting the right result or at least making the effort to change things to get it is more important than the feelings of an underperforming player.

38 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

This argument could be legitimate if the substitution worked, instead he brought on Windass :lol:

The success or failure of the man who replaced him is irrelevant.  At the time the substitution was made our midfield was being overrun and Halliday was nowhere to be found - He had to come off. 

6 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Multiple options.

Do nothing. The worst option.

Make a sub. Right option.

Sub Halliday. Decent option, the windass point is a fair one. Alternatives for me would have been Martin for Alves due to how poor he was or to bring on Alves for Halliday and push RM into CDM. 

Murty fucked up and it was clear to all it need changed. The only credit he gets is for trying to change it. I don't think any player on the bench would have countered every other player being poor but it's wrong to say it was the wrong decision as the sub didn't work.

And getting the right result or at least making the effort to change things to get it is more important than the feelings of an underperforming player.

I don't really understand his point at all.  Is the best option to do nothing in case it doesn't work?  Murty rolled the dice, it didn't work, that doesn't mean it was wrong to remove Halliday from the pitch.  Halliday was fucken rotten and had to go.

1 hour ago, don logan said:

It was shite man management by Murty. Would have made absolutely no difference waiting to half time.

Depends how many more times he would have passed to an opponent or fallen over rather than make a tackle. As I said before he should have been hooked far earlier. Alves should have come on then with McCririe going to midfield and we would then have had one midfield player to combat them.

Murty was wrong 3 times

1. AH should never have been playing

2. He should have been taken off after 10 mins, fuck half time.

3. When he did go off it should have been for Alves at CH and Ross to midfield. Getting run all over and he brings on Windass FFS.

Can't get my head round this throwing Halliday under the bus chat.

He made the change as Windass is a goal scoring threat and had he gotten a goal before half time the whole complexion of the game changes. Why wait 5 minutes until half time?

2 minutes ago, OhW said:

I don't even understand how subbing Halliday early is throwing him under the bus. Murty didn't save himself any criticism by subbing Halliday. If I had to use a cliche I would say he put Halliday in the firing line (lions/wolves also accepted).

neither do I. I have no sympathy for hallidays wee temper tantrum. Murty gave him a chance and he failed so was hooked. end of.

The way Halliday was treated will have had even Murtys allies in the dressing room shaking their heads, with 4 minutes to go until they got back into the dressing room he should have seen it out instead of giving that lot even more to celebrate. 

When we went 1 down the alarm bells were ringing for a formation change never mind after 40 mins where he had a personale change and formation.

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

Murty was wrong 3 times

1. AH should never have been playing

2. He should have been taken off after 10 mins, fuck half time.

3. When he did go off it should have been for Alves at CH and Ross to midfield. Getting run all over and he brings on Windass FFS.

Everyone in the stadium could see this, how on earth Murty didn't sums him up as a manager. Halliday shouldn't have been on the park in the first place, a good half hour against Dundee doesn't merit a start against celtic , Holt would have done a better job. Murtys tactics  cost us the game right from the kick off, one of the worst performances against the scum iv ever seen. 

3 hours ago, TMB said:

The success or failure of the man who replaced him is irrelevant.  At the time the substitution was made our midfield was being overrun and Halliday was nowhere to be found - He had to come off. 

So windass was going to stop us being overrun. Be serious.. Halliday was no worse than any other cunt yesterday and mccrorie was by far the worst cunt on the park