Murty threw Halliday under the bus yesterday

GOAT

5 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

He also threw mccrorie and Dorrans under as well by playing them when the were clearly out of match practice.

First game back in months and Dorrans is on for 90 mins a few weeks ago...clearly knackered after 60 but Murty leaves him on. Guy is so out of his depth

2 minutes ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

The sub should of been made possibly before the first goal as a blind man could see we were not up for it but certainly changes should of been made after the goal. A better manager would of seen we were struggling and made the changes required to compete. 

I personally don’t care about any of the players feelings they are here to do a job and I hope that they are all feeling rotten today and hope that for the next while they are constantly on hard running at training and have early starts as we need to change these premadonnas attitudes.

Pedro tried that approach of hard training i dont think it went down well with some of the squad

Halliday being humiliated?? The weakling showed more aggression shouting at the bench than he did on the pitch. 

What about all of us being humiliated? 

Halliday is a weak willed, cowardly, disgrace of a footballer. 

He has all the chat and can't back it up. 

Any of the eleven could've been taken off at any point and they wouldn't have been able to complain. Halliday being enbrrassed at being hooked before the half is the least of our troubles.

16 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Halliday is not Rangers class and never will be.  Let’s get that out the way.  But for murty to a. Play him yesterday and then b. sub him with only a few minutes of the half left was disgraceful.  Completely tossed him under the bus, why not wait til half time instead of embarrassing the guy like that. Thought it was a fucking scummy move by murty to embarrass the guy after he put him in the situation in the first place.

I don't disagree, but I would say he done it in naivety. In panic, a rabbit caught in the headlights. Must also say Halliday would have very willingly started.  He should never have been subbed at that point, but to be subbed for Windass ŵhen we needed men, only added insult to injury.

I would also say, whilst I'm one of Haliday's biggest critics, he wasn't the worst of it. The whole fucking team was being over run. I was hoping he would dig in, but he was simply outclassed as were the rest. 

Biggest shambles I've witnessed in a long time' but he would have have more on his side if he hadn't let rip with the outburst in the stand. 

Halliday is not Rangers class and never will be.  Let’s get that out the way.  But for murty to a. Play him yesterday and then b. sub him with only a few minutes of the half left was disgraceful.  Completely tossed him under the bus, why not wait til half time instead of embarrassing the guy like that. Thought it was a fucking scummy move by murty to embarrass the guy after he put him in the situation in the first place.

I don't disagree, but I would say he done it in naivety. In panic, a rabbit caught in the headlights. Must also say Halliday would have very willingly started.  He should never have been subbed at that point, but to be subbed for Windass ŵhen we needed men, only added insult to injury.

I would also say, whilst I'm one of Haliday's biggest critics, he wasn't the worst of it. The whole fucking team was being over run. I was hoping he would dig in, but he was simply outclassed as were the rest. 

Biggest shambles I've witnessed in a long time' but he would have have more on his side if he hadn't let rip with the outburst in the stand. 

12 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Yep he is pish .Should have never been playing .

As you say though .The very least he could do was wait until half time 

Considering he never makes subs.It was a considered  move to humiliate him 

And for me ..That was very poor by Murty 

People talking about Murty doing it at the right time & that it was better to do it then than wait til half time, it was literally like 3 minutes before half time.

It made no impact on the first half making that change minutes before half time. In fact if he waits until half time, everyones in the dressing room, he can get his reasoning why he was making the change across & save face for everyone instead of creating that cluster fuck that had no benefit to anybody, least of all the team.

But hey, it’s Halliday, get torn in!! 

24 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

he shouldnt have been on the park in the first place, but frankly i could not give one fuck for hallidays feelings. He is lucky he got that long. 

Are we suppose to put the poor wee feelings of Andy Halliday before the entire club?  What a bizarre thread this is.

Halliday is a professional footballer. Professional being the main word so yeah you might be frustrated but that's not a way to behave when the manager makes a change which is ultimately up to him.

You can't try and defend Halliday for his actions yesterday.

2 minutes ago, TMB said:

Are we suppose to put the poor wee feelings of Andy Halliday before the entire club?  What a bizarre thread this is.

Aye because making a sub minutes before half time was good for the club!! Considering it was also the wrong sub to make, maybe holding off & having time to think/discuss it might have actually benefited the entire club! 

I agree and said as much in the match thread.

For all the difference it would've made waiting until half time, but at least we would have avoided the public embarrassment of the handbags on the telly.

Didn't think Halliday was any worse than the rest of the midfield, and as mentioned, Murty would've never tried that with Miller.

To add insult to injury it was an empty shirt that was chucked on as his replacement.

Didn't watch the game as I was with my son's team.  Recorded it to watch later but deleted it without watching...

But as soon as I saw the team I guessed the outcome and I was proved right.   We needed a strong spine and yesterday Murty failed.  

Alves should have been in for McCrorie at CB.  Needed the experience there.

McCrorie should have been in front of the back four instead of Halliday.  Holt should have been beside him instead of Docherty.  Neither Halliday or Docherty have the aggression or composure required to play the game we needed to play yesterday.  Docherty has time on his side to grow but Halliday is just not cut out to play for Rangers as a holding midfielder...and probably not good enough to play at all.

Miller should have started ahead ahead of Dorrans. Miller invariably turns up against them, never hides and leads from the front.  Dorrans is mostly a wasted jersey and gets away with a hell of a lot because he's a bluenose.  

We needed a strong spine and that had to be put in place by the manager.  It wasn't and the outcome was oh so predictable.

9 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Even worse was him thinking windlass was the answer to our midfield. Is murty even the right man to train our youth teams,fuckin clueless.

I met windass da in a pub before the game yesterday.  Apparently Josh was “raging” with murty that he wasn’t starting. :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Dickie said:

Even worse was him thinking windlass was the answer to our midfield. Is murty even the right man to train our youth teams,fuckin clueless.

It's now clear he should be nowehere near the younger players. Can you imagine what we'l have coming through with this wet blanket taking part in their development. The guy is a clueless gimp.

Murty gave Halliday a Rangers lifeline. He didn't take it. Neither did his teammates. Something had to change. We couldn't wait until half time. The reality is though that you could have taken any one of them off. Also, and I could be wrong where we not trying or thinking about making the sub before they got the second? Regardless Halliday was shite. Murty was shite. Everyone was shite.

1 hour ago, cushynumber said:

he shouldnt have been on the park in the first place, but frankly i could not give one fuck for hallidays feelings. He is lucky he got that long. 

I remember Ricksen getting hauled off by wee Dick after 20 minutes against celtic and not behaving like halliday.

Look how he turned out as well. 

Not one player including the subs got pass marks yesterday and that for a team like Rangers against our bitter rivals (tarrier scum) is a fucking disgrace. I have had it with lot of the spineless bastards. That's me done until next season I can't take any more.

1 hour ago, GlasgowRangers1983 said:

The sub should of been made possibly before the first goal as a blind man could see we were not up for it but certainly changes should of been made after the goal. A better manager would of seen we were struggling and made the changes required to compete. 

I personally don’t care about any of the players feelings they are here to do a job and I hope that they are all feeling rotten today and hope that for the next while they are constantly on hard running at training and have early starts as we need to change these premadonnas attitudes.

HAVE! HAVE NOT OF! FUCKING RETARDS! NO BETTER THAN FUCKING TAIGS!