Next manager : who is NOT a gamble?

Colin Traive

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Walter / John Greig and I'd even ask Souness.

No I do not want any of them as manager but can you think of a better interview panel?   Our board has proven to be a joke MW/PC and Murty were all royal clusterfucks.  So why not think outside the box and have an advisory panel select the next manager.  Do not leave it to clowns like Robertson 

Walter stuck mccoist on us so fuck that.

I look at it from what strengths our manager needs rather than the big name i.e. FDB.

Look at the scum they don't like it in around them, we need a manager who can get that mentality in to our team, even over the short term to stop them winning the league next season - fuck the patterns and pitch geography, get someone in who can instil some good protestant work ethic.

I like the Nigel Pearson sort (Warnock is another).

No shit taken from the press.

No shit taken from the ex players (trolls).

Must be able to deal with our board.

Must be strong to deal with our DOF.

Must know a good strong technically able player.

Must be able to assemble a squad that will kick they cunts off the park - fuck the silly patterns.

Must be able to build the fear factor back in at Ibrox.

Must get rid of Russell fucking Martin immediately.

13 minutes ago, Guardian said:

How about SAF if he brought 100 million in investment with him? 

Surprised you'd have to ask? sounds like a no-brainer to me but it doesn't seem like close to being a viable option.

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

No I do not want any of them as manager but can you think of a better interview panel?   Our board has proven to be a joke MW/PC and Murty were all royal clusterfucks.  So why not think outside the box and have an advisory panel select the next manager.  Do not leave it to clowns like Robertson 

It wouldn't happen but imagine it was souness.  The fear would be strong with them; the panic that history could repeat twice.   Anyways in the real world I do agree that there needs to be some better way of identifying an appropriate manager or candidates, and some kind of panel to assist determining the best option would surely be no bad thing.  One things certain, Robertson is utterly clueless and should not be left alone to appoint who the next manager will be

Kai, you are as staunch as they come but I have probably been around even longer than you but we differ..... I want the Ajax guy to be out next manager,  I believe Docherty has a future and I also think Jordan Rossiter has a future in football. Its okay to differ, because in the end, we want the same thing. WATP

It’s a strange question as ultimately we need to gamble. Appointing someone like Clarke could make us strong contenders but not quite get us over the line. Whilst someone like MPH could win us the league in 2 years as he is able to implement massive improvements and get us better players through his name. Hopefully however is making the decision is competent and has all the facts. I don’t know if you could call it a similar situation but they gambled to stop us getting 10 in a row with Jansen.

I'd love Sean Dyche but realistically it would have to be FDB...I know nothing of the Belgian guy so i can't comment but de Boer i feel would command respect and would entice otherwise no chancers to Ibrox.

We must do what the beggars did after we saw off Delia in the semi...Aim high and spend wisely.. The nucleus of the side is there with McCrorie,John,Tav,Dorrans,Murphy,Cummings,Candieas and Morellos?...

I've watched that shite a few times this season and they're average at best and i feel with a proper football manager and some quality signings we'd win the title next season.

7 hours ago, Ayrblue1 said:

Neil warnock for me I reckon he would thrive on the pressure up here

I dont get all this Neil Warnock fanfare. He'll jump ship at the 1st sign of pressure. 

In 1999, Warnock joined boyhood club Sheffield United. However, he resigned in 2007 after the club were relegated.

He took over at Crystal Palace (2007–2010). When the club went into administration, he left (after stating he didn't have the stomach for the fight) to join QPR, but was sacked with the club in a precarious position.

Joined Leeds United. After being sacked by Leeds following a poor run of form, he was without a club for almost fifteen months until returning to Crystal Palace. In December 2014, he was sacked by Crystal Palace after a poor start to the season, which saw the club in the relegation zone.

After a month as caretaker at QPR,Warnock returned to Rotherham United in Feb 2016. Just avoided relegation and the season closed with Warnock stating he wanted one last season managing in the Championship and Rotherham hoping to secure his services for 2016–17.

On 5 October 2016, Warnock was appointed first team manager of Cardiff City.

15 minutes ago, Gaffbear said:

I'd love Sean Dyche but realistically it would have to be FDB...I know nothing of the Belgian guy so i can't comment but de Boer i feel would command respect and would entice otherwise no chancers to Ibrox.

We must do what the beggars did after we saw off Delia in the semi...Aim high and spend wisely.. The nucleus of the side is there with McCrorie,John,Tav,Dorrans,Murphy,Cummings,Candieas and Morellos?...

I've watched that shite a few times this season and they're average at best and i feel with a proper football manager and some quality signings we'd win the title next season.

He commanded respect at Crystal Palace :lol:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-4873006/Where-went-wrong-Frank-Boer-Crystal-Palace.html

Some of the opinions on here must be joke opinions surely? FDB would be another disaster.

6 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Didn't Walter tell someone jokingly to fuck off when asked who he fancied for the job after pointing out his previous record for doing so didn't turn out so well.

Us discussing the risk factor, to me, is irrelevant. I have zero confidence in this board to pick the right person, even if there was an outstanding candidate. They're going to carry on with the half arsed new way of playing when what we need is to become a hard bastard of a team that doesn't know when it's beat.

1 hour ago, To Be A Ranger said:

I dont get all this Neil Warnock fanfare. He'll jump ship at the 1st sign of pressure. 

In 1999, Warnock joined boyhood club Sheffield United. However, he resigned in 2007 after the club were relegated.

He took over at Crystal Palace (2007–2010). When the club went into administration, he left (after stating he didn't have the stomach for the fight) to join QPR, but was sacked with the club in a precarious position.

Joined Leeds United. After being sacked by Leeds following a poor run of form, he was without a club for almost fifteen months until returning to Crystal Palace. In December 2014, he was sacked by Crystal Palace after a poor start to the season, which saw the club in the relegation zone.

After a month as caretaker at QPR,Warnock returned to Rotherham United in Feb 2016. Just avoided relegation and the season closed with Warnock stating he wanted one last season managing in the Championship and Rotherham hoping to secure his services for 2016–17.

On 5 October 2016, Warnock was appointed first team manager of Cardiff City.

I don't get why you don't get what a get, ye get me?

5 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Risk vs Reward, in descending order for both:

Potter - could be amazing 

FdB

Clarke - safest hands

Clarke is a gamble too. 

If we are looking at all past records he is a one season wonder with his previous clubs before getting the sack the next season. Plus he has won nothing or at least come close(Brenda EPL), we need someone who knows who to win.