Three Managers seven Captains

Smile

as far as i'm concerned our last captains were Weir +  Ferguson.

i hate how the armband is just thrown about these days. every cunt and his dug has had a shot ffs. i backed Wallace but never really felt like he did much with it. need a really big personality to handle that job, take games by the scruff of the neck, and no be  scared to give your team mates a mouthful. 

3 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

How is who the captain is down to the board? :lol:

managers aye but captains wtf?

it's no. i think he's just pissed that our manager + captain was a title to earn and be proud of. not many people got that honour. now it seems to be given to any old guy that walks in.

17 minutes ago, billym27 said:

it's no. i think he's just pissed that our manager + captain was a title to earn and be proud of. not many people got that honour. now it seems to be given to any old guy that walks in.

Aye a know but that’s the managers that pick the captains plus our captain had been put injured for 7 months so obviously we needed a captain since then. 

I get the point about managers but it is them who pick the captains not a board

My view is Wallace got it for not jacking it like that judas prick Naisy. He isn't a leader though.... thats one thing we totally lack in that team, along with skill or any fucking passion or desire

50 minutes ago, Sasa'onlyPLGsuccess'Papac said:

The captain thing is irrelevant.

Was about to disagree then had second thoughts...you might be right however what isn’t irrelevant is having leaders on the park, typically the captain? - Our 2-3 defeat to them a great example, when they equalised, heads went down, they felt defeated and the lack of belief was visible.  We needed at least one person to galvanise however we had Tav standing shaking his head, hands on hips looking sorry for himself whilst the rest all of a sudden found the grass very interesting.  So does the person/those people need to be a nominated captain? perhaps not but we seriously lack leadership on the pitch. 

7 minutes ago, markem said:

Was about to disagree then had second thoughts...you might be right however what isn’t irrelevant is having leaders on the park, typically the captain? - Our 2-3 defeat to them a great example, when they equalised, heads went down, they felt defeated and the lack of belief was visible.  We needed at least one person to galvanise however we had Tav standing shaking his head, hands on hips looking sorry for himself whilst the rest all of a sudden found the grass very interesting.  So does the person/those people need to be a nominated captain? perhaps not but we seriously lack leadership on the pitch. 

I think a strong captain is a good thing just meant that having 7 was irrelevant and only mentioned cos of our results.

Tavernier was our 7th but was never an issue when we were doing well at the turn of the year.

i think the captaincy is meaninless anyway 

but if our support had any bottle abd werent made up of gullible sheep then the manager situation would have spelled the end for this board

but we'll just take another spoon feeding of shite and allow them to appoint another youth coach

If we're winning games then the captaincy isn't such a big deal. If however we are under pressure and losing goals and games then I think the captain can play a huge part in galvanizing the team and support.

A captain should be of the highest standard, never back down to any man, never step back and never surrender. If lesser players see their captain meet these high standards then they too can gain confidence from that. The lesser the player the more he needs a real and proper captain.