Barry Ferguson Career Gross Income

44 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Imagine earning nearly between £25-40k a week for the best part of your days in football and still filing for bankruptcy.

Howling.

Mind you I could be sipping piss from a Gola shoe and still not sell my soul to take coin to write for the Daily Record.

And why did he go bankrupt . Been taking advise from his many taig friends probably and shat himself

Ms personality Margaret will have it all stashed in her super wag account :lol:

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I was watching Barry earlier and I know he was Declared bankrupt a while back, and I know that doesn't mean for these guys that they are pauperised as it would be for you and me. But what would be interesting to know would be since 1998 when he broke into the Rangers team, what roughly would have been his career earnings before tax. Just looking for a ballpark figure. Including wages, sponsorship etc.

Had to give that a like mate, asking about wages with a count of 1967 isn't a good look

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

I was watching Barry earlier and I know he was Declared bankrupt a while back, and I know that doesn't mean for these guys that they are pauperised as it would be for you and me. But what would be interesting to know would be since 1998 when he broke into the Rangers team, what roughly would have been his career earnings before tax. Just looking for a ballpark figure. Including wages, sponsorship etc.

That would equate to his earnings AFTER tax as he never  paid any :dance:   Certainly in the tens of millions with all his assets no doubt in family member names, really wish I had his financial worries

7 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Well there must be something similar that you’re able to do because I’m aware of a family that did it

3 minutes ago, Billythebear77 said:

He transferred all his assets to his wife did he no? 

If he did it within 5 years (I think) of the bankruptcy he wouldn’t have got away with it.

1 hour ago, Smile said:

Ferguson invested a lot of money in Dubai I'm sure he will still have a few quid tucked away.

My thoughts exactly. He also had a large property portfolio. I'm guessing that assets were signed over (or hidden in some complex company structure) and bankruptcy was a strategic move.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Bankrupt my baws, the assets would have been transferred long before that point. He is still in the same mansion.

He may be in a Mansion but for all we know he could be living off toast and beans in there.

Alternatively, he probably wipes his arse with £50 notes.

5 minutes ago, FSM said:

My thoughts exactly. He also had a large property portfolio. I'm guessing that assets were signed over (or hidden in some complex company structure) and bankruptcy was a strategic move.

I think Barry will be ahead of the curve financially.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I know that he was in £30k plus down south and expected a wage cut when negotiating his last contract due to age and got a wage rise.

Bankrupt my baws, the assets would have been transferred long before that point. He is still in the same mansion.

This. Same with Sutton. If you think he's broke, mate, think again ??

4 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

He may be in a Mansion but for all we know he could be living off toast and beans in there.

A close friend of mine, a former player, is best mates with Barry. I know he def isn’t on the Tesco Value goods.

As stated above the bankruptcy will have been planned and he will have still gave all assets but in another name. 

5 minutes ago, Walter-of-Smith said:

I'd go for the latter. Last i heard Barry was the scottish Robbie Fowler. He owns all kinds of property. Like someone else has posted all his assets will be in his Dad's name or something then when hd's declared solvent he will transfer all his assets back.

It's what they do 

2 hours ago, The Godfather said:

Imagine earning nearly between £25-40k a week for the best part of your days in football and still filing for bankruptcy.

Howling.

Mind you I could be sipping piss from a Gola shoe and still not sell my soul to take coin to write for the Daily Record.

Your Gola shoes would look nice with a Hummel strip. 

2 hours ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Should post this on kerryfail they’ll all know the answer, few of them will have his gross earnings and tax returns tattooed on their arses no doubt.