Gerrard wants us to play Klopp's way

45 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I imagine he’ll try certain ways but change it in order to fucking win and that’s what we all want

We don't know what to expect from him as he's never managed a team before.  He might have a favoured system and stick with it many managers are like this.  

Just now, TMB said:

We don't know what to expect from him as he's never managed a team before.  He might have a favoured system and stick with it many managers are like this.  

He literally said he doesn’t care about philosophies all he wants to do is win

17 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Sorry maybe I’m just being old fashioned but where is the direct quote saying he wants to play like Klopp?

Every fan in the world loves watching that supposedly = “I’m going to make Rangers play this way”?

The only thing he wants to emulate are his honesty and truth based on the quotes above.

I detest these clickbait headlines where the report suggests nothing at all of the content.

One for example said windass was leaving because he thanked Kenny miller.....failing to realise its miller that’s leaving therefore nothing in it whatsoever (i know windass is likely to leave but the message didn’t mean that)

He doesn't say it. Sensational headline shocker.

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

This. Scottish Football doesn't allow it either, players will get scythed just like Rossiter yesterday.

While the perpetrators get let off with warnings or yellow cards.

Any Rangers player who dares to question the ref will of course receive a straight red for dissent, eve If he's lying on a stretcher with his leg broken in three places.

32 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Sorry maybe I’m just being old fashioned but where is the direct quote saying he wants to play like Klopp?

Every fan in the world loves watching that supposedly = “I’m going to make Rangers play this way”?

The only thing he wants to emulate are his honesty and truth based on the quotes above.

I detest these clickbait headlines where the report suggests nothing at all of the content.

One for example said windass was leaving because he thanked Kenny miller.....failing to realise its miller that’s leaving therefore nothing in it whatsoever (i know windass is likely to leave but the message didn’t mean that)

Headline simply doesn't match the quotes.

To do the Klopp way, first we need to up the fitness levels, second teach the players how to pass to their own players and third how to score goals at pace. This present bunch will not be able to achieve that.

3 minutes ago, OhW said:

Where does he say he wants us to play Klopp’s style?

It doesn’t, that was my point earlier.

Every fan loves to watch a team play the way Klopp sets his team up but he also said previously he wants to win at Rangers no matter how we get the win.

Points first and worry about style when we start winning titles again.

27 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Every fan loves to watch a team play the way Klopp sets his team up but he also said previously he wants to win at Rangers no matter how we get the win.

No team in the world plays without a “style”. You can’t just go and tell your team to do whatever but just win because they’d lose every time. 

36 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Is that the actual headline or did the OP make it up?

2 hours ago, j1mgg said:

Will be another disaster like Warburton, we don't have the players to play silky football.

Klopp style and Warburton style are completely different in terms of how they play on and off the ball. Klopp style is based on pressing high and hard running and aiming to score as many goals as possible. It's not about ball retention like Warburton who focused on possession more and biding time for the goals to come. 

It's basically a style of using a fucking sledgehammer to knock down the door and using as much force as possible in the quickest time possible until you physically get fucked. 

“He’s been absolutely massive for the club. You don’t want someone to pretend or bat back any question. He answers every single question with honesty and truth.

“It’s one of his values that I hope to take.”

I think that's a dig at Brenton with all the fluff he'd always come out with managing them.

33 minutes ago, RDFM said:

No team in the world plays without a “style”. You can’t just go and tell your team to do whatever but just win because they’d lose every time. 

I mean style as in football that is pleasing to watch I didn’t mean style as in approach,

Gerrard wants to win so I’m guessing it’s all going to be about organisation, fitness, teamwork and determination rather than pitch geography, transitions, tippy tappy on the edge of the area.

2 hours ago, soulboy said:

For all warburton a possession based football we didn't have the 3 or 4 players with quality who could open up teams once they sussed us out. If we can get players who can do that then who knows

He signed the likes of Rossiter and Krankjaer to make a difference and they were never fit. Barton was the other big gamble that was a disaster.

3 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I mean style as in football that is pleasing to watch I didn’t mean style as in approach,

Gerrard wants to win so I’m guessing it’s all going to be about organisation, fitness, teamwork and determination rather than pitch geography, transitions, tippy tappy on the edge of the area.

It’ll be whatever he thinks will be most successful, whether that be tippy tappy or pressing or long balls or whatever. It’ll be his style. 

4 minutes ago, Heshootshescores said:

Its a very high pressing game based with the idea that theres less to be done to get into the opponents box once possession is won. 

The winter break will help as well with high pressing. It's difficult to sustain in England.