Beggars Allocation Cut

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Captain Hilts said:

Imagine 4 stands full of bears going bananas though and that tiny wee corner or tarriers in despair. 

I guess i’ll need to wait and see and hopefully witness it this season. Part of me thinks we’re more for it due to the recent horrific experiences we’ve had at home against them. To be fair it’s more the shite their players get away with at our ground that annoys me more. 

27 minutes ago, gkb10127 said:

You know we get a cut from that tv deal don't you? So if it fucks the deal it fucks us too 

It will hurt others a lot more than it will us.  It’s worth losing a bit of money in the tv deal to get some leverage in how Scottish football is run.  Who knows, might force Liewell to get out his kip early again

I love the Bheastly Biased Corporation's reporting on this story. The way they put the tarriers statement first reeks of desperation, trying to make out as if they struck first :lol: 

Rangers and celtic to reduce away fans allocation at derby matches

Rangers and celtic plan to significantly reduce the number of visiting supporters at next season's derby matches.

The Glasgow rivals both cite increased demand for season tickets.

celtic fans normally receive both tiers of Ibrox's Broomloan Stand in a reciprocal arrangement that sees about 7,000 travelling fans attend derbies.

But all visiting teams are now set to receive less than 1,000 tickets for games against Rangers.

celtic issued a swift response, indicating that they will follow suit.

A statement on the Scottish champions' website read: "An unprecedented double treble and historic season for the club has led to a phenomenal level of demand from supporters to be part of celtic.

"We are happy to reciprocate in terms of ticket allocation, something which will give us the opportunity to meet this huge demand to visit celtic Park."

Rangers say they are responding to demand after receiving an "enormous" number of requests from supporters wishing to buy season tickets on top of more than 40,000 renewals.

A statement said: "Our supporters will always come first and as many of them as practically possible must be accommodated. That is why the club has decided on an overall increase in the total number of season tickets available to our supporters to what will be a historical record.

"An unfortunate consequence of putting our supporters first is that this increased demand negatively impacts on the number of tickets which will be allocated to visiting teams.

"This means all visiting fans will now be situated in the corner between the Broomloan and Sandy Jardine Stands."

5 hours ago, GOAT said:

Nothings been forced at all.  We give them more tickets, they do the same to us.  It’s always been the agreement.  It helps the bears go and follow their team and back them in that cesspit.  Now they’ve fucked it.

90% of fans agree with the board on this one 

5 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Suppose another good thing is Griffiths will get a sore face if he tries to tie a scarf on the Broomloan full of bears.

If they come and beat us with only 900 of them there , you think their antics have been bad before wait till you see it that day 

8 minutes ago, writingranger said:

I though the point was that the away allocation has been cut in order to meet demand for season tickets? So where's the real controversy?

Because we're H** basturts and we're supposed to do what we're told.

6 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

If they come and beat us with only 900 of them there , you think their antics have been bad before wait till you see it that day 

The issue that now needs addressed is how their players are alllowed to behave. When you look back at big games we’ve one at the piggery the officials, stewards and police are pushing our players towards the tunnel. I agree though that they will be 10 x worse if it happens now. 

Archived