Where Will We Finish in the 2018/9 Season?

2018/9 Season  

318 members have voted

1. 1. What position do you think we will finish in?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/07/18 at 07:43

32 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Any cunt who chose 2nd or below is either too young to remember who we really are or have turned pessimists in their old age. We are fucking Rangers for fuck sake, any less than 1st is no use to us.

Have you been hiding under a duvet for the last five years.

5 minutes ago, 10pshortof17pound said:

Have you been hiding under a duvet for the last five years.

Rangers have been no use to us the past five years. Vote 1st and demand 1st regardless of what we have currently. Accepting finishing 2nd or less as a Rangers supporter is fucking atrocious behaviour.

5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Rangers have been no use to us the past five years. Vote 1st and demand 1st regardless of what we have currently. Accepting finishing 2nd or less as a Rangers supporter is fucking atrocious behaviour.

No fucker is going to accept it, doesn't mean that you don 't expect it.

5 hours ago, esquire8 said:

I don't think there is one person on this forum that wants to or is keen to accept 2nd place but I think if you are taking emotion out of the decision-most people would say our squad is not good enough for any of us to be confident in this team to win the league. 

The best team (most quality) doesn't always win (so you can never totally rule us out) but they do most of the time

Just to add though: I defo think we will be better than last year and will be more competitive in challenging for the title but we will need a helluva lot of luck.

5 hours ago, esquire8 said:

The poll is asking where you think we will finish though - not where you want to finish 

We will not be finishing first with this team, probably 2nd at best, IMHO we need 2 more strikers who know how to poach and sniff out a goal as well as 1 creative midfielder and

another CH, we do need a captain urgently, there is no-one in this current side who I have confidence to lead from the front.

15 hours ago, Cedrick said:

???class , sorry mate ??, i loved the Gerrard appointment and he’s a clever lad he’ll know himself his managerial career could be on the line in his first job but he couldn’t knock this chance back , just wish the board and mark Allen could come up with the funds and players to help him be a success,

don’t know about yourself or other bears but to me it always seems to be a negative reason we’ve signed a player (apart from McGregor he could probs had his pick of a few clubs on more money) it’s always he was out of favour at Burnley , he couldn’t get a game for Brighton , he’s a free we’ll take a punt on him can’t get a game for Angers we’ll take him on loan  , it’s fucking sole destroying and very rarely works out  , it be nice for once to hear we’ve went signed eg the Angers captain on a 4 year deal etc but again it’s all down to we’ve very little money 

Mate I'm already pessimistic as fuck, don't need you throwing valid points about to smash my illusions!

Hope Gerrard is able to learn on the job quickly, I am just concerned we won't give him the time required to learn so much, given how shite the past two seasons have been, don't know how accepting of learning time we will be

Agreed, unfortunately though with the current state of our finances and Scottish football in general, I can't really see that changing much in the future. It's sad when the best possibility of getting young talent to come up here is through a loan deal.

8 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

Mate I'm already pessimistic as fuck, don't need you throwing valid points about to smash my illusions!

Hope Gerrard is able to learn on the job quickly, I am just concerned we won't give him the time required to learn so much, given how shite the past two seasons have been, don't know how accepting of learning time we will be

Agreed, unfortunately though with the current state of our finances and Scottish football in general, I can't really see that changing much in the future. It's sad when the best possibility of getting young talent to come up here is through a loan deal.

I think Gerrard will be given more time than some think however I think he is yet another managerial mistake as well 

1 minute ago, rabc10000 said:

I think Gerrard will be given more time than some think however I think he is yet another managerial mistake as well 

I hope so but given the sheer shite we have had in the past in regards to managers may leave us as a support a bit short tempered, and I don't really blame us. Here's hoping it's just me being a pessimistic prick

Voted second purely down to the squad we have and watching the couple of games we’ve played.

We desperately need quality in the middle and front to make a proper challenge but I think the money isn’t there for that and would be surprised to see any significant signings made.

It looks as it stands another season where we will not get what the fans deserve and that’s down to King.

37 minutes ago, RJMcGregor said:

Be wanting rid after the first defeat ???

I'm suitably depressed reading the negativity in here. We've played two games, one of which was so early that it was played whilst the World Cup was still running. We haven't conceded a goal and have players on the books we haven't even seen yet. There are aslo still 5 or 6 weeks of the transfer window left.

14 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Any cunt who chose 2nd or below is either too young to remember who we really are or have turned pessimists in their old age. We are fucking Rangers for fuck sake, any less than 1st is no use to us.

8-1.gif.97da1fce5d6b2fee8b1b0d52f19a6420.gif

We will be comfortably second, still believe we have a chance at Christmas but fall short in the new year.

We will win a cup.

We will not make the Europa league group stages but go out in the final qualifier to a good side and run them close.

We will have at least an additional 2 new court cases against us and win them.

8 minutes ago, McWeedy said:

We will be comfortably second, still believe we have a chance at Christmas but fall short in the new year.

We will win a cup.

We will not make the Europa league group stages but go out in the final qualifier to a good side and run them close.

You can predict all that from Australia ?

Too much sun out there m8 but I like your style :lol:

Too many absolute fucking fruit loops seem to be getting their expectations mixed up with our squads capabilities.

You can expect first place all you want although the majority of the players left over from seasons past have shown nothing to make me believe they can deliver that.

Im expecting a strong second place and hopefully push the beadrattlers closer to the wire.

One of the main arguments for having SG as the manager was the calibre of players he would be able to attract. Frankly the transfer window has been a massive let down, i'd argue that on paper last seasons signings gave more cause for optimism. I think it's 50-50 whether Gerrard can challenge them cunts and run a close second, or the wheels fall off and we are back to square one next season with a new manager and squad rebuild required. I voted third in the end because like last season I think our midfield will struggle to dominate games and create chances. 

1 hour ago, McWeedy said:

We will win a cup.

And the winning lottery numbers will be?

12 minutes ago, theclothmonster said:

One of the main arguments for having SG as the manager was the calibre of players he would be able to attract. Frankly the transfer window has been a massive let down, i'd argue that on paper last seasons signings gave more cause for optimism. I think it's 50-50 whether Gerrard can challenge them cunts and run a close second, or the wheels fall off and we are back to square one next season with a new manager and squad rebuild required. I voted third in the end because like last season I think our midfield will struggle to dominate games and create chances. 

I don't know. Alves aside, we still have the best of those that came last season. I don't know what to expect because we beat Aberdeen in 3 of the 4 matches we played against them and the 4th was a draw. What we need is the consistency that comes with beating the others, which Aberdeen do very well. I happen to think celtic have peaked and we have momentum. draw parallels with Souness and we win this league campaign and lose the next one. Gerrard will bring solidity to the core of the team in his signings and training. it will make all the difference.