Another couple of signings to come?

17 minutes ago, TheGovanIniesta said:

The board planned to spend a significant fee on Cooper though, that needs to be re-invested elsewhere on quality, they're having us on if they don't, considering the loans and frees we have brought in we aren't asking much at all and never do, take Goldson away and we have spent little, even less if Windass or Morelos were to go.

3 more would do but I'd be looking at spending the Cooper money on a CB and CM and doing everything we can to get Solanke or Defoe.

King promised a lot more than he has delivered so it's only right we take him for his word regardless, if this season goes wrong it will absolutely ruin the clubs finances, it's up to him to show that he doesn't want that to happen and as a result set us back a decade.

With the cooper deal dead I would expect the 3m to go into other players.

If windass or morelos goes and money isn't reinvested there would be up roar. 

Solanke or Defoe would be good capture. 

Who would you go for the CB and CM? 

11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

With the cooper deal dead I would expect the 3m to go into other players.

If windass or morelos goes and money isn't reinvested there would be up roar. 

Solanke or Defoe would be good capture. 

Who would you go for the CB and CM? 

Absolutely no clue due to how obscure our market of player is now but Morelos shows you can go and spend a small amount on someone far better than a BPL2 loan and Arfield shows you can bring in frees to instantly improve the squad, so hopefully that level of signing instead of Ejaria, Kent types who have barely featured.

We definitely need 3 more players and as everyone is saying we need a proper striker,creative midfielder and c.b.

if we don’t get these 3 and of a certain high quality it will be a long season.

if we do though I will be more optimistic for the season.

i would also expect more than 2 if windass,Morelos goes so wouldn’t take kings words as gospel.

The problem with Defoe and Solanke is that Defoe could go to the US or middle East and make a packet more than we can offer, Solanke prob feels that if a striker at Liverpool picks up an injury he could find himself on the bench regularly with run outs from it.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Fantastic and probably another couple of players who can’t get a game at the club they’re currently at.

Here waghorns up for grabs 

That it will be him then ,someone else from English lower division 

On loans mind 

Yet again we've been "managed" 

With the board under pressure, King somehow got Gerrard which got most folk off their back for another years ST money. 

I said at the time Gerrard was great but only half the solution. The other half is cash, which I feared would not be forthcoming. 

The big question for me is what was Gerrard told. If he wasnt told he'd be building a team of loanees then sooner or later he will be off in a blaze of PR disaster. 

Meantime King has repeatedly promised backing but never been held to it. That works for a while but the storm that he rode in on will turn against him eventually. 

This is a vital season, ten in a row for them is unthinkable yet it gets closer and we go into this season with a team of loaners, which would be ok if they were pedigree players but instead they are of questionable quality. Gerrard may turn out to be a managerial genius and I hope he does, but he's fighting with his hands tied behind his back. 

Not winning this title will be seen as the turning point. It will make them all the more determined to throw everything at the next ones. They are a bit complacent now but we can't let them gain momentum. 

I'm not convinced the board have the ambition or the means to back Gerrard properly and don't know where we go from here if it goes wrong. The Erskine Bridge most likely. 

Who knows tho, we just might discover some gems among the dross and beat the odds. 

I'm still not happy at kings manipulation tho. He talked big and hasn't delivered. He lies to our face, chucks out a few WATP soundbytes and amazingly a lot of bears fall for it. 

Well, we're stuck with it now, so I guess we hope for the best and carry on supporting the best team in the world. We always do. 

1 minute ago, Blueshoff said:

I thought you could sell when the window was closed but not buy?

You can sell at any time mate but the player will only move during the window.

Like China's is open till September or October so as the buying clubs window is open then they can take the player.

But if we bid for someone in September and the deal is done then he would join up on Jan 1st

2 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

You can sell at any time mate but the player will only move during the window.

Like China's is open till September or October so as the buying clubs window is open then they can take the player.

But if we bid for someone in September and the deal is done then he would join up on Jan 1st

Cheers for clarifying ?

12 hours ago, laudrupno1 said:

What date does the transfer window shut? Heard it was earlier this year.

Scottish football 31 Aug. 

English football 9 Aug.

Hopefully we could pick up a few (no dross) good surplus players from a few English clubs during those 3 weeks.