Superb Result

Just now, JukeBoxJohn said:

It's a great result. Performance needs fine-tuned in certain aspects IMO but any away win in Europe is not to be sniffed at.

Considering some of the results we've had in Europe that was a real bonus tonight.

We have miles to go but we look to be heading in the right direction.

First and foremost we need to be difficult to beat and fight as a team. In a short spell the manager seems to be getting that bit right.

Any other improvements can come later but right now we need to be winners, and winning will breed confidence. Even if we were to become the finished article I still expect away euro days to be challenging where grit and determination is required more than fancy play. I agreed with a post elsewhere tonight where the poster mentioned there was not the usual fear in this game when we were under pressure. Even with the fullbacks being lost a few times the defence seemed to cope well enough. Both CB's and Keeper are forging a decent relationship already.

There's optimism in the air.

2 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

First and foremost we need to be difficult to beat and fight as a team. In a short spell the manager seems to be getting that bit right.

Any other improvements can come later but right now we need to be winners, and winning will breed confidence. Even if we were to become the finished article I still expect away euro days to be challenging where grit and determination is required more than fancy play. I agreed with a post elsewhere tonight where the poster mentioned there was not the usual fear in this game when we were under pressure. Even with the fullbacks being lost a few times the defence seemed to cope well enough. Both CB's and Keeper are forging a decent relationship already.

A far more organized unit imo.

My neighbour asked me what had me so excited last night..?

Don't think he is a football fan...Massive cheer for the goal and standing applauding the effort at full time woke up his 5month old son..but he accepted my explanation.

What really pissed me off last night was as the time was counting down and we were struggling with possession in the latter stages, we were still having McGregor punt the ball up the park...

What happened next? Most of the time the other team picked up the ball in a few seconds and started another attack. Seems nuts to me.

There were plenty of times when we could have passed to our defenders and just kept the ball and calmed the game down, but we didn't.

Weird.

27 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Great result, performance was flawed and won’t be good enough against better teams. 

Totally. We have loads we can improve upon without a doubt, I though ball retention was poor at times but that kind of result has been a long time coming.

15 hours ago, WCPRANGERS1 said:

Firstly I'll get the negatives out the way. We could've held up play better and invited pressure on at times, however we just won away from home in Croatia against a side who beat PSV home and away.

Coulibally was superb, defensively we were solid and Goldson lead the line brilliantly. Morelos was superb and our goal was worked brilliantly.

We defended well as a team and defended like a Water Smith side.

There will always be bits we can improve on but we showed a maturity tonight I've not seen for such a long time.

You forgot to add that this team don't really know each other yet, they're new, the Manager is new and it's the start of the season.

50 minutes ago, big blue Fin said:

Certainly puts us in a good position for the return leg but we'll need to be be more clinical up front.

I can't comment on the game thou as the the stream I was watching got shut down after ten minutes.

buy it from RTV ya wrong yin ?

39 minutes ago, Jack The Flipper said:

What really pissed me off last night was as the time was counting down and we were struggling with possession in the latter stages, we were still having McGregor punt the ball up the park...

What happened next? Most of the time the other team picked up the ball in a few seconds and started another attack. Seems nuts to me.

There were plenty of times when we could have passed to our defenders and just kept the ball and calmed the game down, but we didn't.

Weird.

Yes noticed that also that we never played it out once on the deck from the keeper in 2nd half. 

I’m sure we mixed it up I’m the 1st half 

18 hours ago, To Be A Ranger said:

You need to change your profile pic mate - naebdee could tolerate reading a sensible post, while looking at that ?