Most memorable Rangers game, and why?

beararse

Two for me.

The 73 cup final was a rollercoaster and the crowd was way more than the reported figures. Could not move until a goal was scored and then you had no fucking choice! To win such a great game with a sclaff off Forsyth’s studs made it even sweeter.

And the 78 win over Juventus. They had virtually the Italian national side (Bettega, Tardelli, Gentile, Causio, Cabrini, Zoff and their great sweeper Scirea) and two headers from Doddle and Gordon Smith secured a win. Bought every paper I could find the next morning. The Herald back page said simply “Rangers finest hour”

’Nuff said :UK:

November 1996

1-0 win at their midden thanks to Laudrup. Andy Goram was my hero and he was great that night. Can still picture his penalty save. Gascoigne also missed a penalty before, which made Gorams save all the more vital. Lots of other mad shit happened, Van Vossen, fox on the park. Superb game overall.

1 hour ago, davger said:

An old firm game at parkhead 1996 if memory serves it was a Thursday night for some reason. 

Laudrup scores from a Oneil slip gazza missed a pen as did van hooijdonk ( well he didn’t miss it was saved) and Goram celebrating was class. Most remember  it for van Vossen missing. For me it was  the goal and that penalty save and celebration. We smashed them in every league game that season too to calum 9 in a row.

Was that the smell the glove game?

1 minute ago, Straight-Edge-Loyal said:

Was that the smell the glove game?

I’m not sure mate. I think the smell the glove would have been the 97/98 season after one of the games near the end of the season. We gave them a few sore ones then as well. 

24 minutes ago, davger said:

I’m not sure mate. I think the smell the glove would have been the 97/98 season after one of the games near the end of the season. We gave them a few sore ones then as well. 

Yeah we've been incredibly good against them over the years and will be back in our rightful place soon enough.

My first game was the 1966 Scottish cup final replay when Kia Johanson scored the winning goal, with a crowd of over a 100,000 the atmosphere was electric. However nothing will beat Barcelona 72. 12 of us went by mini bus group from Airdrie and Moodiesburn, left on the Sunday before game and did not get home until the Friday after. Still rate this as one of my life’s best experiences.

The 'Battle of Britain' against Leeds at Ibrox.

As we all know the build up from the English media talked about how Leeds were going to hammer us.

When our now assistant manager scored a cracker after about a minute I was worried they had called it correct but what a performance from then on that typified that team.

Same talk from the media before the return leg and we put the bastards in their place.

If only there had been a Gazza or Laudrup in our team that season.

8 hours ago, Super1872 said:

Rangers v Parma is right up there. One of the best atmospheres I've experienced, and probably the best aside from an old firm game I think, remember going into school the next day still absolutely fucking buzzing. 

This for me, remember going to queue up to get tickets, told my gaffer i would get his just to get out of work.

The noise was unbelievable!

Remember Buffon just sitting against the post looking like he had no idea what was happening.

The Lovenkrands final is another, last minute winner against them, doesn't get much better!

When you start thinking about it there are so many! Man I love the Rangers!

56 minutes ago, davger said:

Was it not after THAT save from Van Hoojdonk at Ibrox? 

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

Was it not after THAT save from Van Hoojdonk at Ibrox? 

I always thought it was after we put them out of the cup in 1998. Goram chucked the glove in there changing room on the way past. 

Too many to list, suppose the game at Ibrox against Marseille always sticks out, I was in CR and when we equalised I was nearly on the pitch! Hugging folk about 10 rows away, brilliant. We were easily one of the best teams in Europe back then and we had a team full of Scottish/ British.