Most memorable Rangers game, and why?

beararse

2 hours ago, Loyaleastend said:

Rangers V the scum when Cooper beat about 4 men and scored a belter of a magical goal,  an obscure Dryburgh cup game, memorable mostly  for that Goal  , and of course the vermin beeling.

Sandy scored a peach in that game too,for me my favorites are Fiorentina in semi, helicopter Sunday,Dynamo Kiev(still loudest I remember) and Ilves Tampere which while not being a big match in scheme of things it's the game that epitomizes Davie Cooper for me,he was unplayable that night

Underrated game was winning the league at Tannadice. 

We thought we had blown it a week earlier, Dundee United were our bogey team at the time. We hadn't won the league in three years and the events of the season before and losing the Uefa Cup final and the league within a week were still fresh in the memories. 

We were brilliant that day. Our third goal was something else. 

I think that was the most satisfying result of the last 10 years for me. 

Rangers vs Parna. It was one of my first games as a kid and the noise that night is something I doubt I'll ever forget. 

In terms of a match that had a different feeling to it, Fiorentina away. All the family watching it together. It was my Grandad's last season before he passed away in that summer, the look on the old man's face will live with me forever 

8 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Leeds United Home for the atmosphere, and away for the two goals and our second in the away leg is my favourite goal of all time. 

im not surprised that one of your favourite games was one with no Rangers fans in attendance

Tannadice 9iar obviously

Rangers vs Dynamo Kiev the atmosphere was literally electric, never felt anything like it since...ever.

Wish I was at Helicopter Sunday that would have been mental, the pub was a riot.

Manchester was an experience but disappointed we were never really at the races.

Away to Bayern Munich up until Mols got injured. I genuinely thought we were in the top 10 teams in Europe at that time and it was just amazing to watch us outperform a genuinely great team away from home.

UEFA semi also up there but that was more terrifying/heart attack territory so I didn't enjoy it until the last kick.

Rangers vs celtic, Autumn 77.  Having lost the double to them in 76-77 season, this was game that re-established our dominance  over them leading to a treble winning season.  Believe it was also Davie Cooper, Gordon Smith and Bobby Russell’s first OF game.    Played terrific that day and completely dominated them throughout but unbelievably we were two down at halftime, the two goals scored in virtually their only attacks during the first half.  Heads didn’t go down though and came back to score three in the second half for a brilliant 3-2 win.  

Unfortunately, due to a TV cameraman strike at the time,  I don’t believe there is any footage of the game.  However, it will long in the memory of those that were there.

1973 Scottish Cup Final. a million reasons which I've posted before.

First old firm game for me, had been going to games since I was 5 or 6, but not allowed to a Gers cellic game till then.

Was me and my dad, one of my fondest family memories,was just as great a game for him, he hated cellic with more passion than me then and had suffered the bad times. 

First sight on getting to Hampden was the Royal Princess's big fuckoff Wessex helicopter landing at lesser Hampden. Amazing how synonymous helicopters have become with our greatest games since.

The crowd was rammed in,126,000. Biggest crowd I've been in.

Big Tam's winning goal.

Walking back to Ibrox with other Gers fans and getting there just in time to see the team bus arrive back with the team and the cup.

That game broke cellic's domination at the time and led to the great Jock Wallace led treble winning teams.

Will never forget the most poignant either,was shortly after the disaster, against East Fife, still remember vividly the staircase had been closed and  fenced off with timber and there was one wee plaque on the wall East Fife had brought and pinned on.

Most memorable one provided by the opposition was Johan Cruyff's Ajax.

And most memorable from an opposition player were Davie Cooper's for Clydebank  in his first game at Ibrox, and Kempes with Valencia.