Morelos

tannerall

Great through ball to Murphy but that miss was horrific.

Also went with his head at one point to square up to one of them who made an absolute meal out of it but he’s really gotta cut that pish out! After being warned about it to get involved in squaring up to one of them was fucking stupid! 

He’s going to be targeted constantly & rightly or wrongly is going to have to learn to deal with it & not react! 

4 minutes ago, Amac9 said:

He needs to wind his neck in at times. They were clearly trying to wind him up and he was biting.

If I was captain I'd be slapping him round the head and telling him to wise the fuck up.

I said the same thing on the match thread mate. He needs to reign it in and control his temper.

Thought he did great tonight.  Love how he fights his corner and refuses to be pushed around.  Like Colin Stein all those years ago, think the wee man has to be fired up to get the best out of him. Hopefully, he’ll learn to curb it slightly but suspect we will also be living a bit on the edge with him.

He's perceived as the primary threat to any opposition. He's improving under SG with every game.

I actually don't mind his little tantrums, if he sees red for banjoing lego next month I'd be quite happy tbh. 

1 minute ago, Drum said:

He's perceived as the primary threat to any opposition. He's improving under SG with every game.

I actually don't mind his little tantrums, if he sees red for banjoing lego next month I'd be quite happy tbh. 

Yeah if it’s the 89th minute and we are Two up but I’d rather we didn’t ruin our chances of winning just to snap the great mongo.

As soon as any opposition players is in his face one of ours needs to be on it straight away. 

The more experienced players have to get between him and the players winding him up.

The first time when he squared up out on the wing no one came to step in. The second time in the box Arfield was straight over there getting him away from it. 

He's got a lot to learn, but I fucking love the guy. 

There has been a serious lack of fight in our team over the past 6 years, Morelos is the complete opposite of all of that. 

Last season I didn't see a "moany wee bastard", I saw a striker that wasn't happy getting one or two chances a game. 

40 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Took a pounding off their defenders, and at one time was being pushed around by 5 of them at a time, looks like he's being targeted, but kept his composure extremely well, plus the wee cheeky bit of sticking the tongue out toward the end shows he's gaining confidence every game. 

Thought he had another great performance too, popped up everywhere in their half, held it and passed it well, and especially good was the vision for that through ball he played and we should have scored from.

Kris Boyd was quoted in today’s Times saying he was an easy target to wind up and the Killie defence will be doing just that on Sunday. Said the ref was going to send him off in a behind closed doors game last year, didn’t know about that one - anyone any idea where/when that was?

38 minutes ago, scottyc06 said:

Great through ball to Murphy but that miss was horrific.

Also went with his head at one point to square up to one of them who made an absolute meal out of it but he’s really gotta cut that pish out! After being warned about it to get involved in squaring up to one of them was fucking stupid! 

He’s going to be targeted constantly & rightly or wrongly is going to have to learn to deal with it & not react! 

It isn't stupid mate. It's seeing red and acting irrationally. It's about learning to control your emotions. He was fouled on the half way line 2 minutes after the incident in their penalty box and calmly sat on the turf. We can all be hot-heads at times and act out of character and it isn't stupidity.

5 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Now being a target for defenders trying to wind him up can work both ways. Yes, he could get himself into trouble, but it could also see defenders getting booked/sent off for any off the ball stuff (Europe, obviously.....not at SPL refereeing standards).

He's probably too honest. If he's being roughed about off the ball then he needs to go down. I'm not a fan of it but it would give a much better outcome than reacting like he's playing up the Pitz.