Halliday

King Jela

2 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

He was shite against Maribor, because he didn’t cost us a goal people doing mental gymnastics to pretend he played well but today was a different story he looked far more comfortable and put in a great shift, probably his best since Warburton’s first half of the season in the Championship.

Iv either had too much to drink or I really had no idea what you were trying to say.

Positive about Halliday I hope 

2 minutes ago, Ger_onimo said:

Not the most gifted, clearly, but I think he’s a player who, if given clear instructions about the job he has to do, he’ll carry them out to the letter. He wasn’t getting that in previous seasons but will definitely be getting it from SG.

Sums it up nicely. As a reliable squad player with better players around him, he looks just fine to me. No superstar but capable of filling a gap.

Just now, King Jela said:

Agreed but I thought those 2 had good games as well. Arfield is looking like Mr Consistent so far and Ejaria done very well today, I thought. 

I slated Arfield... but he was alright overall.

Ejaria was giving it away too often as was Arfield... do it against Taigs and we lose a goal

18 minutes ago, Ryju84 said:

I slated Arfield... but he was alright overall.

Ejaria was giving it away too often as was Arfield... do it against Taigs and we lose a goal

Thought Arfield had a cracking game and covered so much ground. As for Ejaria, can’t help but think he is being the victim of the Liverpool loan approach - play him or get fined. That said, he is a skilful player, young, not suited to the defensive side of the game but when McCrorie came on and Ejaria went forward, so what he was capable of. 

2 minutes ago, LookingForEric said:

Thought Arfield had a cracking game and covered so much ground. As for Ejaria, can’t help but think he is being the victim of the Liverpool loan approach - play him or get fined. That said, he is a skilful player, young, not suited to the defensive side of the game but when McCrorie came on and Ejaria went forward, so what he was capable of. 

Someone made a comment previously about Ejaria being a striker.

With Morelos off I wonder how we could have been with Ejaria up front and a midfielder replacing him

You'd probably think he kept it simple and just didn't make any mistakes. But he made a couple of decisive passes and some great runs. 

Genuinely a very pleasing performance, in a non patronising way. 

So far the CMs have been superb this Season. Which on one hand is surprising, but in the other not so much.