*** The Official FC UFA vs Rangers FC Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

I'm a bit undecided on Halliday. Absolutely rank last season more often than not but looking a lot better now.

He might turn shit again but I'm giving him a chance at the moment.

My worry is that he's due a really crap game at some point and the fear is it will be in one of the big games where he'll end up costing us.  I would rather avoid playing him in general but especially in big games.  Although Gerrard seems to trust him and I'm happy to cede to his better knowledge of what is required.

21 minutes ago, soulboy said:

just read UFA have only won 2 of their last 10 games here's hoping it's 2 from 11

Posted earlier that they have only won 3 out of 15 games this season including friendlies, drawn 5 and lost 7.

Yes they have got to this stage but they are in no way a team we should be afraid of. Get about them in the opening minutes, get a goal, silence their crowd and leave them needing 3 to progress.

8 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Posted earlier that they have only won 3 out of 15 games this season including friendlies, drawn 5 and lost 7.

Yes they have got to this stage but they are in no way a team we should be afraid of. Get about them in the opening minutes, get a goal, silence their crowd and leave them needing 3 to progress.

one goal for us would do the job can't see them getting 3

2 hours ago, shaka said:

My worry is that he's due a really crap game at some point and the fear is it will be in one of the big games where he'll end up costing us.  I would rather avoid playing him in general but especially in big games.  Although Gerrard seems to trust him and I'm happy to cede to his better knowledge of what is required.

wouldn't surprise me in the least if he gets picked on Sunday and has a good game. He's shown he's got it in him against the scum.

As to Gerard knowing better than we do. Lets bloody hope so mate. ?

Incredibly nervous for this and our past two performances haven't instilled any hope in me. Absolutely massive game for us and we need to switch it back on. I have a horrible gut feeling that we're not going to do what is required but I'll keep the faith.

7 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Incredibly nervous for this and our past two performances haven't instilled any hope in me. Absolutely massive game for us and we need to switch it back on. I have a horrible gut feeling that we're not going to do what is required but I'll keep the faith.

I have the same feeling, not because I don't think we are good enough, just because of how much getting to Europa League group stages would mean - to me anyway!

3 hours ago, soulboy said:

just read UFA have only won 2 of their last 10 games here's hoping it's 2 from 11

I hope so too but I wouldn't read too much into the stats . SG said they rested 5 or 6 players for their league game for the first leg . Wouldn't surprise me if they've done that a few times . 

15 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

I know what you mean . I don't think they're as good as Maribor were , but then again , we don't have a 2 goal cushion this time . I think we are going to have to score over there to get through . 

They usually concede in every game they play and have not set the footballing world on fire with their qualifiers to date.  The occasion is more nerve shredding than our actual opponents. 1 goal will kill the tie and with them having to come out and attack us which isn't their strength then I think we can.  Heres hoping.

Archived