*** The Official FC UFA vs Rangers FC Match Thread ***

RFCRobertson

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

I am feeling that this week will bring us back down to earth and while I hope I'm wrong, we could well be heading for a reality check.

This feeling has been bothering me too. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha just seen it on google headlines. Ufa manager would like to sign alfredo morelos, James tavernier and connor goldson if his team beat Rangers tomorrow. Fucking plum must think they are owned by ambramovich. Am confident to go through. 1-1.

We've had such bad luck with injuries already. We're already suffering from a lack of depth. If we can get through tomorrow then a defeat at Parkhead is forgivable, big picture wise. Could hardly imagine Halliday being any where near us by this point but he could be an important player. Maybe fulfill his destiny. 

1 hour ago, CoopsLaud said:

Haha just seen it on google headlines. Ufa manager would like to sign alfredo morelos, James tavernier and connor goldson if his team beat Rangers tomorrow. Fucking plum must think they are owned by ambramovich. Am confident to go through. 1-1.

I just hope the players don't become unsettled by that chat :unsure:

They shouldn't pose any real threat if we keep our shape and play with confidence. We'll doubtless create several chances first half and we just need to put one away.

However if time ticks by and they somehow manage to score first then we would be relying on Tav to shout no surrender intae these cunts and he's not really that man.

1 minute ago, MisterC said:

Yes, but its just a gut feeling I have about it all. Just my pessimistic nature :lol:

Fair enough I've been there myself but I think these players have a bit of character about them,maybe I'm the opposite of yourself and just kidding myself on but I think we'll get through tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, StaunchLondonGer said:

They shouldn't pose any real threat if we keep our shape and play with confidence. We'll doubtless create several chances first half and we just need to put one away.

However if time ticks by and they somehow manage to score first then we would be relying on Tav to shout no surrender intae these cunts and he's not really that man.

Agreed with this.  They didn't do much at Ibrox because they played to their defensive strength.  If they play like that tomorrow they they are going to struggle to score.  Going forward they aren't that strong and I'd still trust our team with the experience they have to deal with that.

IMO it boils down to whether we score or not which I'd like to think we will sooner rather than later.

2 minutes ago, kanjo said:

Agreed with this.  They didn't do much at Ibrox because they played to their defensive strength.  If they play like that tomorrow they they are going to struggle to score.  Going forward they aren't that strong and I'd still trust our team with the experience they have to deal with that.

IMO it boils down to whether we score or not which I'd like to think we will sooner rather than later.

yup, agreed. it's either gonna be super comfortable or proper squeaky sphincter time

8 minutes ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Fair enough I've been there myself but I think these players have a bit of character about them,maybe I'm the opposite of yourself and just kidding myself on but I think we'll get through tomorrow. 

Ladbrokes make us 1/5 to qualify . I.m not betting at those odds but just to indicate the market.

23 minutes ago, writingranger said:

The Calvanist in me reckons we've had it too good and it's going to come tumbling down around us. The realist reckons we will score and go through 1-1

I think we will qualify but i do dread the thought of losing 1-0 taking us into extra time . So i really want us to score at least once which Should see us through.

2 hours ago, MisterC said:

I just hope the players don't become unsettled by that chat :unsure:

Lol to be fair I don't think he was being serious. I'm sure the context is that they have signed/are signing players from the teams they've already put out, some journalist has asked who they will be signing from us and their manager has jokingly said he likes Tav, Morelos and Goldson but the deadline is too close. A nothing story made into something it's not.

4 hours ago, MisterC said:

I am feeling that this week will bring us back down to earth and while I hope I'm wrong, we could well be heading for a reality check.

That’s my fears. I think we saw a glimpse of it on Sunday against Motherwell. The first game we’ve been put under real pressure and I don’t think we coped particularly well. On paper Aberdeen was a tough opening fixture but they look like they’ll be poor this season and a win against St Mirren looks like a given for most teams in the league.

I’m in awe of anyone that has gone over there, absolute legendary fans and just hope the players deliver and you all get home safely.

Here’s hoping if we get through we get some nice away games in easy to access and beautiful locations :thumbsup:

Archived