Rat Nevin

stevemac

28 minutes ago, tannerall said:

I'd like to drop the "Old Firm" tag as well. We do not, and never really did, have anything in common with them, and the sooner they cease to have a control on Scottish football the better. 

This - along with any notion that we are, somehow, in cahoots with them.

The reality is deprecation of the "old firm" brand hurts both clubs.

It's all or nothing though isn't it. In the mid late 2000's there was the "old firm" commercial partnership which probably both got financial benefit from. But we're at the opposite end of the spectrum now where both apparently want to distance themselves from it.... Albeit Rangers official communication still refers to the "old firm".

Can't help but feel if there was a lot of money to be made from it liewell would still be heavily touting the old firm brand. As it is he can afford to take the slight financial hit on abandoning it for the extra kudos he receives from his support as a result. 

9 hours ago, stevemac said:

Listening to radio 2 this morning (colleagues choice no mine) and they were on about the football results. Had that rat Nevin on (yet nobody of a Rangers background alongside or giving any input) and the first thing he says is "well it's not actually called the old firm anymore, there's a lot of bitterness there but it's a long story" what an absolute wank of a guy. 

TBHgetting all worked up is feeding them, not giving a fuck and knowing we are the same club annoys them more as they are so desperate to be right.

9 hours ago, stevemac said:

Apologies was a genuine typo, auto correct mugging me off. 

Normally I wouldn't give a shite but I was thinking is there any need to make sly digs? Unnecessary really. Got what he wanted I suppose mind.

That much of a typo that you wrote it twice? Once in the subject and once in the post?

As for Nevin’s comments.........well who the fuck is he anyway? Played for Chelsea when they were a poor side and goes on about it as if he was winning Champions League medals at his time there.

58 minutes ago, Bjorklund said:

That much of a typo that you wrote it twice? Once in the subject and once in the post?

As for Nevin’s comments.........well who the fuck is he anyway? Played for Chelsea when they were a poor side and goes on about it as if he was winning Champions League medals at his time there.

aye, it was late and auto correct fucked me, next time ill proof read...

10 hours ago, TMB said:

Their behaviour completely contradicts their 'new club' rhetoric.  An individual ticket for Sundays game was about £50 and the stadium sold out despite the vastly decreased away allocation.  After their win you would've thought they had won the Champions League as the players did a full lap of honour and were, yet again, trying to antagonise the away fans.  But straight afterwards all involved with celtic are adamant it's not an Old Firm derby, it's just a regular league game, against a recently promoted club, and they don't care. 

Aye, their actions belie their words.

When we were on top I don't remember giving the tramps a 2nd thought. My main concern was doing something in Europe.

They clearly have an inferiority complex & don't know how to behave like champions.