Scotland fans in kilts and stupid hats

scottyc06

15 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Same old lies - jack didn’t get booed - I look great in my kilt - hate the funny hats tho! And we were gunned! That’s life. 

Don’t often agree with u but I put the tv on for the highlights and deliberately turned the tv up to see if I could hear booing and I 100% didn’t (could the mics have been turned down) my bro in law got a free ticket and I asked him if he got booed and said definitely not that he heard. I’m no fan of Scotland or the support anymore but not going to say I heard booing when I never. 

26 minutes ago, Bighouse said:

I Nothing sadder than seeing Scottish bears turn their backs on their own country.

Have a bit of pride FFS. If you let the SNP/SFA cunts take your national team from you it'll be your country next.

The majority of Scotland is Unionist. Don't ever forget it.

Not turning my back on my own country just yet, That day will come if Scotland ever becomes independent, As for The National Team, They can get to fuck, Hope their attendances actually continue to plummet and The S.F.A go fucking bankrupt ??????????

57 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I served in the forces. I can be fucking offended if I like ok. 

Just like you can find it hilarious 

As do some members of my family...do you not think you overreacted though as in no way was it directed at the Taliban fighting our forces,or indeed any country.I could have easily said The Shining Path or The Khmer Rouge for effect ,The Taliban came to mind because I heard it before...simple .If I offended you fair enough no offence was intended.I have been guilty in the past of picking up something wrong on here and being offended we all do it

There is absolutely no way i could stand amongst those group of people who hate my club, our players and us fans as people just because we support Glasgow Rangers. How any Rangers fan can stand with those cunts and cheer on Leigh Grifiths i will never understand. The hatred from the fans and people in position of other clubs and organisations throughout Scotland when we were in trouble actually shocked me. I will never forgive or forget in my lifetime. I will never support them and will do my very best to influence my young family never to support Scotland as a football team. Horrible fans, terrible football team run by a corrupt and disgusting organisation. No thanks. 

14 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I will always stand by and support Scotland for mainly nostalgic reasons. First ever game was a Scotland game at a full house wae my auld boy and he had a tear in his eye seeing my amazememt

Anyway, i get why bears don't want to support our national team and who am i to say whether they are right or wrong? But posts like this are just fucking childish and really dont belong in the bears den. Imagine the uproar if the minority few on hear created a post supporting Scotland on match days?! Can see the bans from here.

Most bears don't care about Scotland which is fine but i dont get wanting Scotland to get hammered. If you are as 'staunch' as you think you are and care only about Rangers then surely you would want our coefficient up which doesnt help when the national team are being raped. 

I think a large part of it is an age thing tbh . 

Like you , I want Scotland to do well , to win , to qualify for tournaments and do well in them . I think nostalgia does play a big part   of it , because when you've been used to a Scotland team , against the odds , overcome teams like Czechoslovak , Spain , France etc in qualifying groups to reach World Cups it's hard to give up on , particularly when Rangers players have more than played a big part of it .

Sadly though , a culmination of things has affected a Rangers fan's support of Scotland . 20 years worth of failure to qualify for a major competition , the Scottish footballing authorities treatment of Rangers , and the rise of nationalism , are legitimate and valid concerns , particularly if you're of a certain age that hasn't sampled the more memorable occasions the national team once had when the majority of Scotland fans were actually fellow Rangers fans .

Like I say , I still want Scotland to do well , albeit from the armchair , but I can understand those that don't . 

30 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

As do some members of my family...do you not think you overreacted though as in no way was it directed at the Taliban fighting our forces,or indeed any country.I could have easily said The Shining Path or The Khmer Rouge for effect ,The Taliban came to mind because I heard it before...simple .If I offended you fair enough no offence was intended.I have been guilty in the past of picking up something wrong on here and being offended we all do it

you do go on a bit there my friend. Some folk liked your post some folk didn't. Move on will you and stop whining

4 hours ago, Ryju84 said:

Going back a few years you used to be able to put club rivalries to the side... like cheering John Collins scoring against Brazil and cursing Tom Boyds og in 98 in the same game.

But, for me, the SFA and the taigs have fucked this. 

The taigs have no class and no dignity. You can guarantee that those booing Rangers players in the Scotland squad were not Ross County supporters or Killie supporters.

You e got a point here I think , though I'd say it's a more recent thing . 

Back in the day there certainly seemed to be a higher class of up bringing . I really can't remember anyone , on either side , talking about their opponents other than with respect as an adversary . I stand to be corrected , but from McNeil and Lennox to McGrain and Dalgleish , I can't recall anything that compares to the words and actions of brown , griffiths and others . 

The former ones will probably be remembered by what they did on the pitch , the latter ones probably as neds with strips on .

2 hours ago, Bighouse said:

I Nothing sadder than seeing Scottish bears turn their backs on their own country.

Have a bit of pride FFS. If you let the SNP/SFA cunts take your national team from you it'll be your country next.

The majority of Scotland is Unionist. Don't ever forget it.

I haven't "turned my back on my country" - it's a football team, not a an army fighting to defend us. 

How is not supporting the Scottish national team about having a lack of pride? Pride in what? The national football team? The Scottish national side has never, and could never, have any sort of effect on my thoughts and feelings toward my nationality. They could somehow win a major tournament and it would mean nothing to me - as it'd be a football team that I haven't supported since 1997 winning. 

I'm Scottish and British, and also aware of my family once being considered Gaelic/celtic Viking. Not supporting a football team or wanting to associate with fannies in tartan skirts doesn't mean I'm not proud of my heritage.