Scotland fans in kilts and stupid hats

scottyc06

2 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

Is the worst thing about last nights game (Regardless whether you support Scotland or not) not the pitiful attendance figure?

We were playing the 3rd best team in the world and still couldn't sell out the ground ? 

Yes it could be argued that many Rangers fans don't go because of the team composition or the way we have been treated, which is fair but where the fuck else is the rest of the Scotland fans?

Saving their money fir the friendly at parkhead this weekend.

47 minutes ago, James Rolle said:

I agree with everything you say except ‘most bears don’t care about Scotland’. I think it’s a significant minority - even if some won’t admit it. On this forum it’s seems true that most don’t care, but many on here think it’s a competition to prove how staunch they are. And I love that when it comes to showing the passion, loyalty and ‘no surrender’ attitude of being a Ranger’s fan but I hate being ‘informed’ that to be a true Rangers fan I should be a of a certain political mindset. I’m not SNP and never have been, but i don’t see anything wrong with being a Rangers fan and an SNP supporting, crazy kilted, see u jimmy bunneted Tartan Army fan, or anything else if they so desire. 

I support our national team, I don’t want to see them pumped. I still dream of qualifying for the World Cup again and doing well. I was a wee boy when Gemmil scored against Holland in 78 and that feeling for me is up there with the famous big Euro wins Rangers have had. Yes, times have changed and politics are different but I just don’t get why anyone would allow that to change the way they feel about the beautiful game. Sad. 

Bullshit.

1 hour ago, James Rolle said:

I agree with everything you say except ‘most bears don’t care about Scotland’. I think it’s a significant minority - even if some won’t admit it. On this forum it’s seems true that most don’t care, but many on here think it’s a competition to prove how staunch they are. And I love that when it comes to showing the passion, loyalty and ‘no surrender’ attitude of being a Ranger’s fan but I hate being ‘informed’ that to be a true Rangers fan I should be a of a certain political mindset. I’m not SNP and never have been, but i don’t see anything wrong with being a Rangers fan and an SNP supporting, crazy kilted, see u jimmy bunneted Tartan Army fan, or anything else if they so desire. 

I support our national team, I don’t want to see them pumped. I still dream of qualifying for the World Cup again and doing well. I was a wee boy when Gemmil scored against Holland in 78 and that feeling for me is up there with the famous big Euro wins Rangers have had. Yes, times have changed and politics are different but I just don’t get why anyone would allow that to change the way they feel about the beautiful game. Sad. 

So why aren't more Rangers fans attending Scotland games then? If the element of our support who couldn't give a squirt of piss about the Scotland team is the minority, why aren't attendances for Scotland games better? Why the "we hate Rangers more than you!" stuff in the match with the Republic of Ireland, or the booing of Wallace and Jack? 

The anti-Rangers element is not a minority within the Scotland support, and it's not coincidental that there isn't the same support for the Scottish national team from Rangers fans as in decades past. 

See really, I’ve usually always backed the national team (via my couch), and defend folks right to support them (on RM), but now I genuinely just can’t stomach watching cunts like Brown and Griffiths in particular and hoping they win. 

I couldn’t care less anyone more. 

It is pretty cringy seeing all the ‘who’s the staunchest’ threads popping up every international break. And now the kilt can’t be worn if you’re a Rangers fan :lol:

Wear one to stag doos all the time and it works a treat. 

44 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Get a grip furfuxsake. 

I have family serving in the armed forces for god sake ...that was some jump that idiot made,talk about going out of your way to be offended.Look here is somebody who would like to see dark satanic forces beat my football team .he must be serious,Jesus wept. It was a go at who is the staunchest quip. 

15 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

See really, I’ve usually always backed the national team (via my couch), and defend folks right to support them (on RM), but now I genuinely just can’t stomach watching cunts like Brown and Griffiths in particular and hoping they win. 

I couldn’t care less anyone more. 

It is pretty cringy seeing all the ‘who’s the staunchest’ threads popping up every international break. And now the kilt can’t be worn if you’re a Rangers fan :lol:

Wear one to stag doos all the time and it works a treat. 

Going back a few years you used to be able to put club rivalries to the side... like cheering John Collins scoring against Brazil and cursing Tom Boyds og in 98 in the same game.

But, for me, the SFA and the taigs have fucked this. 

The taigs have no class and no dignity. You can guarantee that those booing Rangers players in the Scotland squad were not Ross County supporters or Killie supporters.

2 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Are you 12?

No but why are you so offended at a ludricous comparison between a death cult and  eleven men playing football.It was a quip in a thread were people were stating how much they hate the Scottish national side.Do you actually think for one moment that I would prefer to see a Taliban victory more than a football side winning...what age are you 6?Btw I won't take the credit for the line I heard it aimed at Glentoran a few years ago ,it got a laugh seems there is a tougher crowd to please in here.

4 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

Is the worst thing about last nights game (Regardless whether you support Scotland or not) not the pitiful attendance figure?

We were playing the 3rd best team in the world and still couldn't sell out the ground ? 

Yes it could be argued that many Rangers fans don't go because of the team composition or the way we have been treated, which is fair but where the fuck else is the rest of the Scotland fans?

That’s what happens when their adult tickets cost £35 and they’re fucking rotten

4 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

The rest of the Scotland fans are on the net obsessing about The Rangers

2 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

They are basically the SNP works team now which is sad to see.I remember as a lad growing up close to Windsor Park the Scotland game was the one everybody looked forward to because of the Scottish fans who would fill the bars and end up on someone's couch after being invited back into the homes of new found friends.I was at the friendly a few years ago at Hampden against Scotland the bile directed at Northern Ireland fans by the Tartan Army was something else.The anger amongst us was palpable at what was being sang at our support ...we actually got a friendlier welcome in Dublin,yes there was banter but nothing like Hampden.It will not be forgot.

Not been to a Scotland game in years mate and genuinely never knew that but it does not surprise me one bit given how even more divided this shithole has become under The SNP, Not going to apologise on behalf of other people who imo are clearly nothing but fucking scum but can assure you bud They Do Not Speak For Me ??????????

2 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Bullshit.

Aye its bullshit 

Most Bears i know either actively dislike the national team or are completely indifferent, those who actively support scotland are the minority and usually get laughed at. And my town is full of handwringers and yes voters so id imagine that across Scotland the number of Bears who actively support Scotland are in the minority 

13 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Not been to a Scotland game in years mate and genuinely never knew that but it does not surprise me one bit given how even more divided this shithole has become under The SNP, Not going to apologise on behalf of other people who imo are clearly nothing but fucking scum but can assure you bud They Do Not Speak For Me ??????????

It was that bad during our anthem that our then head of the IFA made a complaint to the SFA

19 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/metro.co.uk/2008/08/22/northern-ireland-chief-blasts-scottish-tartan-army-411448/amp/

2 hours ago, bluedylan said:

No but why are you so offended at a ludricous comparison between a death cult and  eleven men playing football.It was a quip in a thread were people were stating how much they hate the Scottish national side.Do you actually think for one moment that I would prefer to see a Taliban victory more than a football side winning...what age are you 6?Btw I won't take the credit for the line I heard it aimed at Glentoran a few years ago ,it got a laugh seems there is a tougher crowd to please in here.

I wouldn' be fucking explaining myself. It was a joke and fucking funny. The twisted giving it Erskine in reply says more about him.

5 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

It may have something to do with the SFA looking for £35 a ticket for a friendly. 

That's mental and only the truly die hard Scotland fan is going to pay that. 

And people wanted him given a couple of year contract with us for a second spell...

The beginning with his tie scraping across the microphone was funny and kind of sums him up at this moment in time

"I praised them"

"there's no way they should feel down about that"

4-0

what a loser mentality "well done lads, it was only 4-0 we lost"