A new record for an unbeaten run

dummiesoot

We have to go to Spartak next (duh obviously) and that's going to be a fucking huge game but I think we can get another result away from home.

They will play more like they did in the second half, they'll attack, and that will leave gaps behind them that players like Kent, Ejaria and Middleton can exploit at least if Gerrard brings Middleton on with more than 5 minutes left. Hopefully we can remember put the scoring boots on as last night it sometimes looked like they'd put their boots on the wrong feet.

They are no mugs but if we get a decent ref and not someone who ate the entire production run of special brownies prior to the game then we might just see those hammer and sickle throwing bastards properly penalised.

16 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I assume it's a record for unbeaten run in Europe in one season? We've gone 12 matches unbeaten in Europe across 2 seasons before twice 

The Group G stalemate was the 11th game Steven Gerrard’s side had managed without loss in continental action this term - beating the previous benchmark for a single season set by Smith’s squad as they came within a whisker of reaching the inaugural Champions League final 25 years ago.

23 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

I assume it's a record for unbeaten run in Europe in one season? We've gone 12 matches unbeaten in Europe across 2 seasons before twice 

Yes it is on one season. We do also the record across two seasons. What a team we support

31 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

A record to be very very proud of indeed. This is where I stand in regards to Europe though. I'm delighted with the results and performances, and getting to the group stages and making a few million £. If we qualify from the group then great, but we have already well over achieved and if we dont qualify then Europe is not a distraction from us concentrating on the main priority which is the League. At this point in time Europe is a bonus, not an essential part of our recovery.

Correct mate all I want to do is stop those pedo bastards win another title.

34 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

A record to be very very proud of indeed. This is where I stand in regards to Europe though. I'm delighted with the results and performances, and getting to the group stages and making a few million £. If we qualify from the group then great, but we have already well over achieved and if we dont qualify then Europe is not a distraction from us concentrating on the main priority which is the League. At this point in time Europe is a bonus, not an essential part of our recovery.

Agreed. I personally wasn’t bothered about qualifying for Europe this season as I thought it was too much too soon for a new manager and new team considering we should be putting all our eggs in the domestic basket. But now we have this level of expectancy, if we fail to qualify then I’m not fussed, as you stated we have over achieved in this competition this season already.

I think it's a great achievement considering who we have played. Teams that even 6 months ago would beat us. Maribor, Osijek and Villarreal are all really good teams and to go 11 games with most if them dodgy qualifiers is superb. It's been put up there with a great team of 92/93 as well which says alot for Gerrard and his staff 

9 minutes ago, RossS1873 said:

I think it's a great achievement considering who we have played. Teams that even 6 months ago would beat us. Maribor, Osijek and Villarreal are all really good teams and to go 11 games with most if them dodgy qualifiers is superb. It's been put up there with a great team of 92/93 as well which says alot for Gerrard and his staff 

Spartak are better than Maribor and Osijek. By a mile.

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Assuming 1992 into 93 is one, what was the other 12 without defeat? Hoping it's not an obvious one that I've completely missed...

Quick guess is between losing to Inter in groups of last 16 season and the first leg against Hapoel season after?

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

?

Good post mate ..... I totally agree ... records like this are nice ... but in the end it's the domestic games that are important above all else ... more so now as we have to stop the scums run of titles.

:UK: