Atmosphere on Thursday

.Williamson.

Except for the first 20 mins of the 2nd half when the UB indulged in their pet shop boys tune which literally no one has ever joined in with.

The rear of the Broomloan eventually took matters into their own hands and restarted the ā€˜traditionalā€™ songs which got the whole stadium rocking again.

If anyone on here has any influence on the UB song selections can they have a word.

Is it just me who thought the atmosphere was shit bar the last 15 minutes? You could hear a pin drop for much of the first half and the first half hour of the second. Really think the fans bar the Broomloan who were magnificent as always need to pull the finger out a bit on nights like these.

1 hour ago, dougal72 said:

Is it just me who thought the atmosphere was shit bar the last 15 minutes? You could hear a pin drop for much of the first half and the first half hour of the second. Really think the fans bar the Broomloan who were magnificent as always need to pull the finger out a bit on nights like these.

I thought it was good pretty much all the way through, no support in the world that Iā€™m aware of will sing all the way through the game but our support did plenty of singing, created one of the loudest atmospheres youā€™re likely to hear at the start of the game and roared the players on when needed

If you watch the start back on the TV you can hear our fans over the Europa League anthem which is played at defeaning volumeĀ 

WhatĀ reason does this kid from Villarreal have to butter us up? I think some take the noise we actually do create for granted when you watch some of the patheticĀ showings in other stadiums across EuropeĀ 

Ā 

1 hour ago, dougal72 said:

Agreed

11 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

I thought it was good pretty much all the way through, no support in the world that Iā€™m aware of will sing all the way through the game but our support did plenty of singing, created one of the loudest atmospheres youā€™re likely to hear at the start of the game and roared the players on when needed

If you watch the start back on the TV you can hear our fans over the Europa League anthem which is played at defeaning volumeĀ 

WhatĀ reason does this kid from Villarreal have to butter us up? I think some take the noise we actually do create for granted when you watch some of the patheticĀ showings in other stadiums across EuropeĀ 

Ā 

It was loud for 5 minutes before the game and a few minutes after the first whistle. I've been at quite a few Euro nights where the fans have sang from first to last. Thursday was nowhere near previous games bar the end. In recent years there has been better atmospheres against spfl teams.

1 minute ago, dougal72 said:

It was loud for 5 minutes before the game and a few minutes after the first whistle. I've been at quite a few Euro nights where the fans have sang from first to last. Thursday was nowhere near previous games bar the end. In recent years there has been better atmospheres against spfl teams.

Agree to disagree, no doubt Iā€™ve been in better atmospheres at Ibrox but I thought it was very good. A goal for any of the two sides wouldā€™ve lifted it a bit, thought it was as good an atmosphere as you can hope for in a 0-0 where it seems like the world is against youĀ