Full Support for Gerrard

RockwellGers

I was really worried when he was appointed but he grew on me before we even kicked a ball,  it was always going to be a tough task in his first year as a manager and given how many signings were made, a couple of decent signings in january and further improvements before next season is needed, going in the right direction...might be feeling low after that result but i still haven't given up on this season.

Just now, Alendrin said:

I was really worried when he was appointed but he grew on me before we even kicked a ball,  it was always going to be a tough task in his first year as a manager and given how many signings were made, a couple of decent signings in january and further improvements before next season is needed, going in the right direction...might be feeling low after that result but i still haven't given up on this season.

Good post, totally agree. 

14 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Your first two lines were exactly the reason he should never have got the job.

You canny win a league at the beginning of the season or even halfway through it. 

I don't think he'll stand for the displays we've often produced, and the weakest links will be offski in a few weeks. 

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So your backing lasted 6 months and one transfer window.

Just to clarify, now he's not allowed money to improve his squad, can he still bring in more loan players, and what do you expect from the 2nd half of the season?

I want an experienced manager not an experiment, he's playing some of the most dire football I've seen , warburton was criticised for playing the same way  and that was turgid , livi away and Dundee away  were 2 games I contemplated walking out of the stadium (I never and have never done) I was that disgusted it's 3 rate football, felt like greeting😪

13 minutes ago, qwerty said:

I think SG needs to give the board a no BS assessment.

He needs to ask the question from the board what exactly are they expecting and in what time frame.

Once confirmed he then needs to reiterate to the board exactly how much funds over what period of time he thinks he can achieve what the board expect.

If the money or the time frame do not comply with the boards expectations, he then needs to be open and honest and state what he thinks he can achieve / deliver with the funds / time he feels he has available.

I feel that SG is an 'all in / full tilt' type of person.

Time to get the message to the fans exactly what the next 2 or 3 windows will look like and manage our expectations in accordance with what the board are going to deliver to the manager.

The manager needs to put across his way forward in a realistic phased and timely approach.

Your thoughts?

He will know that already and realistically it would probably have been get close to them this season and if we can get a Euro run that will be a bonus.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Scum were dropping points and we were ahead at one point today. No issues.

The scum turn it around (which we can't influence) and we drop 2 points late in a game to a decent side who beat the scum a week ago. And those without realism thinking the league was likely want the manager sacked. It's mental.

2 or more manager's per season, with less funds than the scum, that's the recipe for success it seems.

I said it in the bus on the way home and I'll say it again anybody who has given up on Saturday give me you're ticket and I'll get rid of it for you no problem. 

Just now, WATP-FOREVER said:

You canny win a league at the beginning of the season or even halfway through it. 

I don't think he'll stand for the displays we've often produced, and the weakest links will be off ski. 

Hes been putting up with shit displays like that for months and repeating the same garbage after every game.

Just now, Ivybank said:

I want an experienced manager not an experiment, he's playing some of the most dire football I've seen , warburton was criticised for playing the same way  and that was turgid , livi away and Dundee away  were 2 games I contemplated walking out of the stadium (I never and have never done) I was that disgusted it's 3 rate football, felt like greeting😪

Felt like greeting against Dundee and Livingston :lol:

Clearly only started supporting us two year ago. 

Don't see why its even a question he deserves at least the season to see if there is progress, it was never going to be turned around in 1 transfer window.

Every manager needs time as well now no point chopping and changing every 6 months as we will always be in this rut, take Klopp with Liverpool I think its now his 4th season and he has finally got his team built, thats a man with effectively unlimited resources whos took this long to get it totally correct.

People were ridiculing Klopp a few months into his reign at Liverpool. Some calling for him to be sacked. Look at him now? Was given a bit of time and he has Liverpool 6 points clear half way through the season. A job like ours was never going to be a quick fix. 

4 minutes ago, Ivybank said:

Who? How much do you give him? How long do you give him and what's expected of him before he'd get bulleted ? 

3 minutes ago, Goianegra said:

People were ridiculing Klopp a few months into his reign at Liverpool. Some calling for him to be sacked. Look at him now? Was given a bit of time and he has Liverpool 6 points clear half way through the season. A job like ours was never going to be a quick fix. 

The figures involved are obviously worlds apart but you make a decent comparison. Klopp came in after Liverpool had allowed a few managers to waste ridiculous sums of money for no return and there was no way he could turn that around within six months. It rarely happens.

5 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

2 points vs hivs when it should've been 6. We made enough chances to win both games but time after time blew it. Not exactly the manager's fault. Morelos needs someone who can score goals to help him out.

When SG came in he identified our biggest failure, our defence and our defensive midfield both of which he has shored-up.   Sadly he failed to bring in some quality to midfield where we are sadly lacking.   

Our midfield with the exception of Arfield are too defensively minded and Coulibaly, Jack & Ross are too similar.   We need one or two creative midfielders who can chip in with goals.  Jack is growing on me but he has never score for us and only scored 11 for Aberdeen in around 200 starts.  Sort out attacking mid and we're not short of being a decent team, what I'd give for a young  Ian Durrant of Steven Gerrard.   

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Starting to have doubts. We have been brutal for 3 months and he won't change a thing. Abysmal football and awful results.

We've also had some great results and played some decent football while doing it, I was as pissed off as anyone else after today, raging tbh, give this man some time and I'm convinced he can do it, just my thought on it.

19 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

I dont even think thats the case.

he has massively overachieved in Europe and has built that team in one window. 

I disagree, domestically is where we really need to progress to get back to where we belong long term and its at best debateable whether we've improved there at all

The European run was good and well ahead of what I expected but it may turn out to just be something that clicked for bit in that one competition, bearing in mind we ended up missing a real opportunity to go even further. Hopefully that isn't the case but smaller clubs than us have managed a decent Europa League run, I can't look at that right now and say that it means Gerrard has proved himself

1 minute ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

We've also had some great results and played some decent football while doing it, I was as pissed off as anyone else after today, raging tbh, give this man some time and I'm convinced he can do it, just my thought on it.

Listen I've gave him 100 per cent support untill now. We have been in a rut for a long time and he can't fix it.

32 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Hes been putting up with shit displays like that for months and repeating the same garbage after every game.

Has it dawned on you why?

Many of our players are incapable of playing for Rangers. 

You'll probably find that only becomes apparent when they actually start playing for Rangers.