Full Support for Gerrard

RockwellGers

10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Who? How much do you give him? How long do you give him and what's expected of him before he'd get bulleted ? 

Well whoever he is he needs to come in, spend a little money and have us beating everyone, every week.

Anything less is simply unacceptable and shite.

Just now, MacBoyd said:

Listen I've gave him 100 per cent support untill now. We have been in a rut for a long time and he can't fix it.

He can't fix it if we don't give him time to fix it ffs, everyone I spoke to and debated the Gerrard appointment with at the time said he needs time, I reiterate what I've said before, I didn't want him as our manager, I do now, he will come good for us ,I really believe that, if I'm wrong then I'm wrong. 

He has a lot of credit in the bank due to Europe but he’s not immune from criticism and tbh continues to make the same mistakes.

If he thinks Lassana Coulibaly is a Attacking centre mid in any shape or form then i’m extremely worried.

A big window coming up, not only for Gerrard but for Scoulding and our much heralded Director of Football.

We have to cut him a bit of slack.

In 6 months he has become aware of what Scottish football is, he inherited some dross from this present board, he has had to rely on loanees, he is a novice in management skills.

That's a lot to learn in 6 months and every good manager learns throughout their career.

SG is part of a team which includes the Club and the Board, so why single him out when HE is not getting the backing of the players who let him down or indeed the board, who HAVE to back him financially.

I believe SG is one of life's winners and if he fails, it will not be all his fault, but some blame has to go to those around him.

The January window is not noted for teams to acquire very good players, so I'm not going to go overboard about it. The best we will probably do is to get more loanees alas, next summer is when money will be spent.

The next 6 months will show us exactly whether we are on the right track or not.

He's made a start (one single transer window) on assembling a squad quickly, one that needed lots of changes on a finite budget, at a club where the demands weigh more heavily than most at the best of times, let alone after so many years without success. He must surely be learning that part of it too, when those expectations to win fall on him alone for the first time. And learning about playing in Scotland, too.

Any manager is a risk, he has much more upside to come. Unfortunately it takes time.

13 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Worse than Alloa?

Queen of the South? 

Raith Rovers? 

We had no money at that time, none whatsoever we were lucky to be playing ,he's pissed 4 million on 2 players he doesn't play, and anybody that signs Sadiq/ Flanagan ( who Bolton told to bolt after a trial ) needs their head examined

I certainly want Stevie to be given a good chance and that will be until the end of next season, but he must be given better players to work with as well. Many of the players today were poor and will not be good enough get us 55 IMO.

If we do not get two attacking midfielders (even on loan, which I am not a fan of, but needs must) and another forward in Jan then we will have to put up with more results like today until the end of the season.

Today was like watching the same movie that I had watched so often before this season and annoying and frustrating to say the least.  

3 minutes ago, bornabear said:

In 6 months he has become aware of what Scottish football is,

That occurred to me too. He's not likely to have watched any of it by choice before, let alone studied the nine-man-defence or playing on churned fields in great detail. All before having to play players who he'll have already learned aren't good enough and can't improve.

I can imagine a similar thread in a Man City forum  with all the doom mongers questioning Peps suitability to carry on after three defeats in 4, I thought  loyal and no surrender are words strongly linked to us as a fanbase, way too many on here ready to hit the panic button at any sort of bump on the road, grow a set ffs.

We are fans of a mighty institution that has been battered from pillar to post since 2012, the stunning crowds at Ibrox do show amazing loyalty and thank goodness these guys are not ready to meltdown anytime soon, plenty will also have been through the scums 9iar, witnessing plenty dire stuff with crowds at Ibrox down into single figure 1000's, ffs a misplaced pass now gets the keyboards red hot with rage from some punters.

I will also guarantee that should SG be here in 18 months time, not one of the players on our books at present will be.

I have to say the guy has guts, he could have stayed at Liverpool coaching the kids, but he chose us and what a fucking challenge it's turned out to be.

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

This, too many especially on here got carried away when we went top.  January transfer window is always difficult but hopefully, he can sort out our lack of creativity in the summer window.  Needs to address why we lose goals in the last 10 minutes of games plus he needs to get with his backroom team and try to understand why we get so many hamstring and groin type injuries, we seem to get more than other teams. 

It's down to the style of play and players bodies not being able to handle the constant pressing style we play. Klopp had the same issue trying to implement it at Liverpool.

28 minutes ago, bornabear said:

In 6 months he has become aware of what Scottish football is, he inherited some dross from this present board, he has had to rely on loanees, he is a novice in management skills.

That's a lot to learn in 6 months and every good manager learns throughout their career.

SG is part of a team which includes the Club and the Board, so why single him out when HE is not getting the backing of the players who let him down or indeed the board, who HAVE to back him financially.

I believe SG is one of life's winners and if he fails, it will not be all his fault, but some blame has to go to those around him.

The January window is not noted for teams to acquire very good players, so I'm not going to go overboard about it. The best we will probably do is to get more loanees alas, next summer is when money will be spent.

The next 6 months will show us exactly whether we are on the right track or not.

Aware of what Scottish Football is?

We’ve played defensively in past two games against St Johnstone and Hibs ffs.

Changing to the 4-4-2 helped us win game on Sunday yet he goes back to his negative tactics against 8th placed Hibs today. A Hibs side who played two up front against us.