Niko Katic

Wullie72

54 minutes ago, LewisWATP said:

Dodgy game against Hamilton is all I can remember him struggling by, seems  a stable player at home games. 

Baffles me why why he isn’t in the starting 11. 

Hasn't played in the league since Motherwell at home when he was taken off 

It's more than time to bring him back in.

Article by Chris Jack in the ET where Gerrard talks about Katic and Worrall. It's weird, he singles out a mistake Katic made in the Helsinki friendly but fails to mention any of the multiple mistakes by Worrall in competitive games. It seems it's not ok for Katic to make a mistake in a friendly after not playing regularly, so he's dropped, but it's completely fine for Worrall to change an incredibly important game with his ridiculous, entirely avoidable mistake and he'll still play the next game. Goldson and Worrall have both made more/worse mistakes than Katic in games.

1 minute ago, Supersonic said:

Article by Chris Jack in the ET where Gerrard talks about Katic and Worrall. It's weird, he singles out a mistake Katic made in the Helsinki friendly but fails to mention any of the multiple mistakes by Worrall in competitive game. It seems it's not ok for Katic to make a mistake in a friendly after not playing regularly, so he's dropped, but it's completely fine for Worrall to change an incredibly important game with his ridiculous, entirely avoidable mistake and he'll still play the next game. Goldson and Worrall have both made more/worse mistakes than Katic in games.

Got the impression from that article that Gerrard isn't a big fan of Katic at all

Just now, Jeffrey said:

Risky strategy going through players like this publicly 

Not the first time he's done it

Can barely follow him at times to be honest. One minute he's building them up 10 feet tall, the next he's throwing them under the bus saying he can't trust them, even the under 12s could do this and that, etc. Regardless of the comments being positive or negative it never means the player is in the next game though. Look at his McCrorie comments about having the jersey and it being a shame he's suspended. Available for Killie, but he's dropped all the same. Strange at times.

15 hours ago, Marky. said:

Gerrard confirmed that he had a family issue back home weeks ago. Goldson and McAuley together is our best partnership at this stage. I like Katic but he has a lot to learn. I don’t hate Worrall as much as others, but he’s not our player, and he only really shows up in the bigger games. 

McAuley is shite.

Just as culpable as Worrall and McGregor for the goals. Backed off Jones and allowed him to run and run and then have a free hit. 

20 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Same. Borna too.

I get his frustration with Barasic, but fuck knows what Katic has done. He’s had a couple of mistakes, none which have really resulted in a change of result (from memory). 

Must be something behind the scenes that he doesn’t like. Which again is odd as Katic seems pretty professional. 

59 minutes ago, Supersonic said:

Can barely follow him at times to be honest. One minute he's building them up 10 feet tall, the next he's throwing them under the bus saying he can't trust them, even the under 12s could do this and that, etc. Regardless of the comments being positive or negative it never means the player is in the next game though. Look at his McCrorie comments about having the jersey and it being a shame he's suspended. Available for Killie, but he's dropped all the same. Strange at times.

I've got a lot if time for Gerrard but if his contradictions like the Mccrorie one baffle me, I can only imagine how confusing and frustrating it could become for the players.

That and seeing folk have howlers in your position yet retain jerseys.

3 hours ago, Supersonic said:

Article by Chris Jack in the ET where Gerrard talks about Katic and Worrall. It's weird, he singles out a mistake Katic made in the Helsinki friendly but fails to mention any of the multiple mistakes by Worrall in competitive games. It seems it's not ok for Katic to make a mistake in a friendly after not playing regularly, so he's dropped, but it's completely fine for Worrall to change an incredibly important game with his ridiculous, entirely avoidable mistake and he'll still play the next game. Goldson and Worrall have both made more/worse mistakes than Katic in games.

If Katic had made the same mistake in that killie game Worrall did. There would be no chance he would be back out at half time let alone play the next game. 

I think the gaffer has a blind spot for Worrall, playing a favourite regardless of form. 

Katic is :

Better on the ball by miles

Better in the air 

Goal threat from corners 

Quicker

And cost us far less goals, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to figure out we’ve been absolute trash in defence since Gerrards mad decision to drop him for Boris Johnson’s illegitimate son. Get him back in before the golden child costs us more goals 

It’s really strange after saying he loves the guy.

It isn’t a case of oh he’s on the bench so people think he’s better than what he is. He literally is better than Worrall and McCauley in just about every department. He’s better on the ball, better at heading and is a goal threat at the other side. 

It’s honestly amazing why he doesn’t start and tbh it’s the first time I’ve seriously doubted Gerrards judgement on something, it’s madness IMO