Niko Katic

Wullie72

1 hour ago, GOAT said:

Best defender we’ve got IMO, strolled it every game he’s played and always defends first and keeps it simple. 

Love the big guy, he has had one or two shaky performances (as have they all) but some of the stuff I’ve read on here about him being poor is absolute bollocks, I’ve even seen some say Worrall is a better player!  The lad is quality and I still think there must have been some reason or something going on behind the scenes for him to have barely played. Without question him and Goldson are our best pairing. 

Shock horror as one of our best defenders puts in yet another solid defensive display. 

Gerrard probably hasn’t got a lot wrong, but his handling of Katic is all wrong it really is. 

Goldson and Katic from now on, just like it was when we looked our strongest defensively about 4 month ago

1 minute ago, BlueMe said:

Put Goldson in today's starting line-up instead of Worrall and that's our best 11 imo.

That may change when Davis, Defoe and even Grezda get match fit, but not at the moment. 

If Candeias keeps playing like that Grezda ain't getting a sniff.

1 hour ago, broomloanjamie said:

You can’t do anything about a slip Fucksake. He was solid and it should show Gerrard when Goldson is back he’s got his strongest centre backs. 

This! Kent went arse over tit a couple of times without even turning. Tav slipped just trying to run forward......no mention of those. He was turning and putting all his weight to one side.....on that pitch, it's tricky!

51 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He was fantastic today, not a foot wrong for someone who should be lacking in match fitness

I saw him ask the ref on 85 mins how long to go. You wouldn't have guessed it from his performance though.....strolled it. 

He also made 3 fantastic headers out of defence in that second half. One flying clearance and one flicked header from the edge of the box out towards Kent behind him......lovely clearance. I thought he & Candeias were our best performers. With all the personal shit he's gone through, and the knock in confidence at being dropped....to come back and play that well (never lost a header or a tackle), was admirable. My MOTM. 

5 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

This! Kent went arse over tit a couple of times without even turning. Tav slipped just trying to run forward......no mention of those. He was turning and putting all his weight to one side.....on that pitch, it's tricky!

I saw him ask the ref on 85 mins how long to go. You wouldn't have guessed it from his performance though.....strolled it. 

He also made 3 fantastic headers out of defence in that second half. One flying clearance and one flicked header from the edge of the box out towards Kent behind him......lovely clearance. I thought he & Candeias were our best performers. With all the personal shit he's gone through, and the knock in confidence at being dropped....to come back and play that well (never lost a header or a tackle), was admirable. My MOTM. 

All of this. Saved me making a post mate.:tu: