Defoe and Lafferty potentially out

Leeds_Bear

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I don't think it's mind games but from him saying they're both confident, I'd be surprised if at least one doesn't make it.

If neither do, SG has a bit to learn as it's naive and needless to give opposition team selection/ tactical advantage this way.

Confident we'll start tomorrow with a recognised striker.

Thats what I mean, its daft to come out and give your team selection prior to a game, so unless it is mind games, i don't see the point of it really.

3 hours ago, orange&blue92 said:

Can we recall Ryan Hardie?

i saw hardie a couple of wks ago  at hearts my neighbour took me to hospitality there  sad to say the boy will never make that level

he is still the same skinny boy who played in the youths  never baulked up and was easily brushed aside by the hearts defence

he has some ability in front of goal  if he gets the time and space  but never able to lead a line on his own

Was at the 18s game v cove Rangers in the cup the other week , Mcpake stuck out a mile , had a wee look into it he’s mainly with the reserves and doing very well , to be honest just Defoe fit would make no difference can’t play the buffalos role was clear to see last Saturday , needs a change of system to get him involved which I’m not a fan of 

2 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

DJ was a CF for us and demanded to be made captain and played at CH when he almost signed for Chelsea, only time I'd ever heard of Jock Wallace surrendering, shows how much he thought of DJ.

Waddell occasionally played DJ at CH and even in midfield in his younger days.   Jock Wallace mostly played him at CF as far as I can remember.  It was John Greig who backed down to DJ’s demands.

1 hour ago, billscott said:

i saw hardie a couple of wks ago  at hearts my neighbour took me to hospitality there  sad to say the boy will never make that level

he is still the same skinny boy who played in the youths  never baulked up and was easily brushed aside by the hearts defence

he has some ability in front of goal  if he gets the time and space  but never able to lead a line on his own

Unfortunate to hear that mate, hopefully he can bulk up abit, surely that’s been mentioned to him by the coaching staff