Does anyone want Gerrard sacked

Smile

Does anyone want Gerrard sacked  

547 members have voted

1. 1. Does anyone want Gerrard sacked

14 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Pedro's reign was disastrous. Appalling decision to bring him in, and further back him with millions when it was clear he should have been nowhere near the club. 

Exactly. The guy was fucking awful. Made some of the worst signings in our recent history, overseen one of the most embarrassing results against celtic in our history, overseen one of the most embarrassing results we’ve ever had in Europe in our history and he embarrassed us nearly every time he opened his mouth in front of a TV camera. Comparable league record to Gerrard or not, the guy was in the wrong move from the day he walked in the door.

12 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Pedro's reign was disastrous. Appalling decision to bring him in, and further back him with millions when it was clear he should have been nowhere near the club. 

Honeslty I think the same about Gerrard right now, bringing him in was a shocking decesion given where we were as a club but am wiling to give him a go, at least until the end of this season. 

Pedro's record was shocking but so is Gerrards right & this is on top of Gerrard blowing more than Pedro blew on signings

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Honeslty I think the same about Gerrard right now, bringing him in was a shocking decesion given where we were as a club but am wiling to give him a go, at least until the end of this season. 

Pedro's record was shocking but so is Gerrards right & this is on top of Gerrard blowing more than Pedro blew on signings

Billy Davies does what Billy Davies does because he's Billy Davies. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

You can't have a debate with anybody after suggesting Billy Davies as manager. 

Actually read the comments I've made before, wouldn't have chosen Davies as the 1st choice in a million years

But id have much rather have had a manager in place who has managed nearly 500 games compared to a guy who had only managed at under 18s or so for a few months 

First choice at the time as I've said before from who we were linked with was Gary Monk, was young enough but still had some experience.

12 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

The only measure Pedro is any way close to Gerrard is points total. In every other way Gerrard has been an improvement. 

Pedro's good signings were not his own (morelos, Jack). The guys he specifically sought out were appallingly bad (excluding candeias who has been decent). 

To be fair some of Gerrards signings have been ropey. Poaching three players from a team we put out of the early stages of the europa league is now looking to have been a bad idea. That said Gerrards done enough to have a real go at it next season. We don't have the money for an improvement on him. 

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Actually read the comments I've made before, wouldn't have chosen Davies as the 1st choice in a million years

But id have much rather have had a manager in place who has managed nearly 500 games compared to a guy who had only managed at under 18s or so for a few months 

First choice at the time as I've said before from who we were linked with was Gary Monk, was young enough but still had some experience.

On 18/02/2019 at 10:16, Valance1690 said:

Even back then I was struggling, easy to say in hindsight and wouldn't have been popular but I'd have much rather we went for somebody boring like Pardew, Davies etc.

Still suggested him, moronic. 

3 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

The only measure Pedro is any way close to Gerrard is points total. In every other way Gerrard has been an improvement. 

Pedro's good signings were not his own (morelos, Jack). The guys he specifically sought out were appallingly bad (excluding candeias who has been decent). 

To be fair some of Gerrards signings have been ropey. Poaching three players from a team we put out of the early stages of the europa league is now looking to have been a bad idea. That said Gerrards done enough to have a real go at it next season. We don't have the money for an improvement on him. 

I think he's been an improvement to the attitude in the dressing room, he definetley gets Rangers but just think he's out his depth here.

His signings have been very poor and if Pedro had made them he'd be getting torn to bits for it. Goldson for 3.5 million & McGregor (who was apparently already agreed) are the only 2 pass marks for actual signings. Kent is the only 1 of the loans who has made a real impact.

The rest have been a waste and we're stuck with them on long term deals. Add in Davis/Defoe to that (hindsight is a wonderful thing I know) & he's blown a ton of money.

I agree though that we don't have the money to fund another manager just now and will likely need to stick with Gerrard and give him the money in the summer.

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think Gerrard’s Record is “shocking” at all.

Yes, we have dropped stupid points under him but we have never been embarassed in the way that we were under Pedro or Warburton. We were always going to drop daft points with a novice manager and a team still lacking quality in key areas.

The table maybe doesn’t show it but we are 100% in a better place than we have been at any point over the past two seasons. We’ve beat celtic in the league for the first time in years and we had a credible run in Europe too, considering everything that has happened those two things were always going to be key pit stops on the journey back to the top and it’s soemtbing neither Warburton or Caixinha could manage.

Hopefully with more time to put his stamp on the club and further investment we will improve further next season because success isn’t always instant and it’s even less likely to be instant if you are still spending a fraction of what the team who you are trying to overhaul is.

I obviously hope you're right, want nothing more than for Gerrard to succeed here, more for us but would like to see him do well too.

Can just see the red flags starting to appear and they've come very quickly considering he had the European credit in the bank and the win over the taigs.

We need a strong finish to the season, regardless if the league's gone or not.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I don’t think Gerrard’s record is “shocking” at all.

Yes, we have dropped stupid points under him but we have never been embarassed in the way that we were under Pedro or Warburton. We were always going to drop daft points with a novice manager and a team still lacking quality in key areas, it’s just unfortunate that it’s happened more than any of us would have liked it to have happened.

The table maybe doesn’t truly reflect it but we are 100% in a better place than we have been at any point over the past two seasons. We’ve beat celtic in the league for the first time in years and we had a credible run in Europe too and considering everything that has happened those two things were always going to be key pit stops on the journey back to the top and it’s something neither Warburton or Caixinha could manage to do.

Hopefully with more time to put his stamp on the club and further investment we will improve further next season because success isn’t always instant and it’s even less likely to be instant if you are still spending a fraction of what the team who you are trying to overhaul is.

Nailed it mate.

49 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I obviously hope you're right, want nothing more than for Gerrard to succeed here, more for us but would like to see him do well too.

Can just see the red flags starting to appear and they've come very quickly considering he had the European credit in the bank and the win over the taigs.

One thing I will say is that one of the big red flags we have seen is that he never seems to take the blame himself for a defeat, which is sometimes what you have to do as a manager.

It was brought up on the Terrace Scottish Football Podcast this week as something that concerns them and I’m inclined to agree with them.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

One thing I will say is that one of the big red flags we have seen is that he never seems to take the blame himself for a defeat, which is sometimes what you have to do as a manager.

It was brought up on the Terrace Scottish Football Podcast this week as something that concerns them and I’m inclined to agree with them.

Aye I have noticed that before but I like the fact that he calls the players out in public sometimes, they need that I think, especially after some of the performances. He does have to learn to take it on the chin though and i think that's something which comes from experience

The thing for me following on from that is that he refuses to change us during a match until it's far too late, either out of stubbornness or not knowing what to change. 

11 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

You can't look at things in isolation though. The Europa League run was a tremendous success. 

If the season was about winning the league and nothing more the "Baku" chant wouldn't have been getting belted out continually. Pretty much everyone bought into the Europa League, and it brought a huge feelgood factor back to the club. 

First season in management at such a big club is always going to be a bit rough ... it did work for Souness but he brought in real quality and also had it in the existing squad. Bottom line for me with Gerrard is he has to learn from his mistakes if he can do that then the future is bright

16 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Can't see how Defoe has been a failure either, he's already proved if you give him the service and play to his strengths he scores. 

Yeah it's ridiculous to think of him as a failure yet. Scored early on in the killie game which we could easily have won. Scored late on in the sheep game to finish it off. 

8 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

You can't look at things in isolation though. The Europa League run was a tremendous success. 

If the season was about winning the league and nothing more the "Baku" chant wouldn't have been getting belted out continually. Pretty much everyone bought into the Europa League, and it brought a huge feelgood factor back to the club. 

It really was a tremendous success, we punched well above our weight and Gerrard/the team deserve massive praise for it, it definetley brought the feel good factor back.

Ultimately though he'll always be judged domestically and judged against the taigs, no matter what he does elsewhere. We really should be closer to them than what we are given the season they've had.

3 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Billy Davies > Steven Gerrard ?

giphy.gif

We’ve lost the same amount of games as them in the league. 

Our sole problem is consistency and I think that comes down to quality players/mentally to get yourself up for a St Johnstone at home or Dundee away compared to the tarriers or sheep. 

That’s the problem, it isn’t scoring goals, the manager, the majority of the players it’s having that 2 or 3 quality players who are on it 9 out of 10 games and can win games like Saturday with a strike from outside the box, a killer pass to the striker etc when the rest are struggling to produce what they can.